Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Looking for help and ideas on new set of breaks.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking for help and ideas on new set of breaks.

I’m currently looking do upgrade my breaks for my 1985 bmw e30, I don’t want anything crazy as this is my daily driver and I’m looking do do the front and rears breaks., but I’m just a little confused on what to try and get, my current setup is leaving me lost and I thought this would be a good place to ask, if anybody has any ideas on a kit or a types of rotars and a good set of break pads, that’s really all I’m looking for, I’m open to ideas and pointers so let me know

this is what my current setup looks like in the front right side and it looks the same all around.

Originally posted by Nate.E30 View Post
    I’m currently looking do upgrade my breaks for my 1985 bmw e30, I don’t want anything crazy as this is my daily driver and I’m looking do do the front and rears breaks., but I’m just a little confused on what to try and get, my current setup is leaving me lost and I thought this would be a good place to ask, if anybody has any ideas on a kit or a types of rotars and a good set of break pads, that’s really all I’m looking for, I’m open to ideas and pointers so let me know

this is what my current setup looks like in the front right side and it looks the same all around.
    I went with a set of Brembo blank rotors and Stoptech Street Performance Pads.
    They work great on the street (for stock engine/power level), and even took a few casual track days without complaining.

Whatever you go with, make sure you bed them in properly. In my experience it makes a noticeable difference to performance.

Comment

Agreed with what Panici said, that's a great setup. I used to run hawk hps pads on centric high carbon rotors. The high carbon rotor doesn't warp as easily as a normal rotor. Another option is rx7 4 piston calipers on corrado rotors to keep it budget big brake kit.
      Last edited by 318isbmw; 02-06-2023, 08:38 AM.

Comment

I use OEM rotors for steel quality (usually junk yard finds) and Pagid pads. Steel braided brake lines as well. Car stops great. The brakes easily over power the tires. Many people have recommend OEM pads, so I went with that on two different e30s I have owned. Also less dusting and easy to clean up the wheels. It's a daily driver and I brake late.

Comment

Thanks for the help guys it means a lot, also what about my wheel hub bolts they stick out pretty far and I’m wondering if that would be a problem if I got new breaks with shooters ones would they not allow me to put on my wheels??

Comment

Looks like you have a wheel stud conversion.

You could always swap back to standard lug bolts which should fit under wheel center covers.

Comment

+1 for blank rotors and Pagid OE pads. Swapped from Hawk HPS and the Pagids are better in every way.
              Originally posted by priapism
              My girl don't know shit, but she bakes a mean cupcake.
              Originally posted by shameson
              Usually it's best not to know how much money you have into your e30

Comment

Working...
              X