2002 Picture Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RCM3 View Post
    Couldn't agree more. The only comments in the BaT ads that I completely scroll by without hesitation.
    I read a comment of hers on a 2002 that she had NEVER seen, and it was so bad, my eyes rolled so far into the back of my head that I literally snapped my superior rectus muscle which maintains eyeball position in my skull. I had to have eyeball surgery and was MIA for 6 weeks while my eye muscles regained strength.

That's how much I dislike her comments - I snapped my eyeball muscles from rolling my eyes too far back into my head.

I almost died.

Edit: Photo for posterity.

world renown Harry Potter expert
    sigpic

Comment

Ha, that level of disdain should be applied to just about ALL BAT commenters then (which is fine by me). I seem to have similar convulsions regarding glowing reviews of a car that doesn't stack up as advertised.

Recently looked over a 2002 that sold on BAT. Out of curiosity I went back and looked at the comments during the auction. Tons of glowing reviews, including some from individuals who "proudly" built the car.

In person it was clear the car had been hit. The doors were rusty with uneven body-filler and paint. The engine was leaking from every seal possible. Home-brew SSK was ready to snap off b/c of driveshaft. The exhaust was rusted through. Rust had been shoddily repaired and then seam-sealer heaped over top. The upholstery wrong (only brought up because the listing claimed OEM-original). NONE of this was disclosed during the auction.

In short, nothing replaces a proper PPI, not even another user's well-intentioned "walk-around".
      ADAMS Autosport

Comment

Agreed, and I know what car you are referring to.

But when I see comments that are not just negative, but are hailed as fact, regardless of the fact that the commenter has not seen the car, but is instead suggestive, I don't take kindly to them.

I'm all for transparency, but if you track her comments (not that I have, but I'm willing to wager a car over this), the overwhelming majority of hers are negative, anti-modifier, and directed to introduce fear in an otherwise positive auction. I don't understand this mentality. She shows up, creates havoc, then disappears.

I like her as a person, have met her, shook her hand, and generally got along with her. But on the internet, I am not her biggest fan.

None of this matters in the grand scheme of car owner ship or life, but it still irks me once in a while.

Originally posted by SkiFree View Post
        Ha, that level of disdain should be applied to just about ALL BAT commenters then (which is fine by me). I seem to have similar convulsions regarding glowing reviews of a car that doesn't stack up as advertised.

Recently looked over a 2002 that sold on BAT. Out of curiosity I went back and looked at the comments during the auction. Tons of glowing reviews, including some from individuals who "proudly" built the car.

In person it was clear the car had been hit. The doors were rusty with uneven body-filler and paint. The engine was leaking from every seal possible. Home-brew SSK was ready to snap off b/c of driveshaft. The exhaust was rusted through. Rust had been shoddily repaired and then seam-sealer heaped over top. The upholstery wrong (only brought up because the listing claimed OEM-original). NONE of this was disclosed during the auction.

In short, nothing replaces a proper PPI, not even another user's well-intentioned "walk-around".
        sigpic

Comment

Ha! you guys funny. I quit BaT awhiles ago...

...and now back to pics.

Red Rocks rox
          3 million in the background, 41 in the foreground ;P

Tom

v i s i o n a u t i k s

Comment

instagram

Comment

Oh I like that.

Comment

Drools 4 Sale... :devil:

http://www.tonyerker.info/bmw-02-sch...-engine-76-78/
                Attached Files

v i s i o n a u t i k s

Comment

Here
                  Attached Files

Comment

sigpic

Comment

[ATTACH]119274[/ATTACH]

Comment

'72 tii on BaT...wow...

Click image for larger version

Name:	72 2002 tii BaT.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	94.9 KB
ID:	7194187

Comment

One of my babies....
                          Attached Files
                          1990 325i cabrio
                          2018 M3 ZCP
                          1976 2002

Comment

this thread makes my heart hurt
                            1984 Delphin 318i 2 door

Comment

May I mention that usually, the best cars don't reach BaT ? The nice cars are sold thru clubs and enthusiasts networks. ;-)
                              Brake harder. Go faster. No shit.

massivebrakes.com

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Massiv...78417442267056

Comment

I think you're probably right.

I don't know that red is the best color for a 2002. So many others that look great.

Comment

Working...
                                X