Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 10Toes
    replied
    No one would steal an M42 and if they did they would just be punishing themselves.

Leave a comment:

• trackjunkie21
    replied
    The back of the head? atleast on the m50 it is. I call bs on the cop btw.

Leave a comment:

• twistednut
    replied
    I ran across a m42 that had a vin sticker on it just like all the body panels. I think it was below the starter.

Leave a comment:

• !kid
    replied
    not sure about the m42 but the m20 has no vin stamped on it at least none that i have ever come across. or noticed,

Leave a comment:

• B2ThaZiZza
    replied
    yeah I think so too but it would be nice to know just because as I have a M42 in my 318is also.

Leave a comment:

• BrownBeanE30
    replied
    yea i think thats a lil stupid so I'm pretty sure you don't have to worry about anything

Leave a comment:

• B2ThaZiZza
    replied
    Not sure why but I think since he had a suspended license they wanted to see if his car was all stock with vin numbers matching. He has a ka motors intake and ss headers and some other mods. I think the cop was thinking his motor was stolen, as he was going all over the engine bay with a flashlight and was writing down all the vin numbers and running all of them on his computer.

Leave a comment:

• Ziggens96
    replied
    not sure, but I'm just curious why the cop wanted to look at the VIN of the engine. What are they going to investigate this car for?

Leave a comment:

• B2ThaZiZza
    started a topic M42 vin stamp

M42 vin stamp

Im looking for the vin number or engine stamp on an e30 318is motor but I can seem to find it. You guys know where to look? I know like on the honda D/B-series motors its on the front of the block i.e b18c1 and then a bunch of numbers underneath. Anything like that on an M42? Me and buddy of mine got pulled over with me driving for a loud muffler and the officer asked us to pop the hood and the officer couldnt find the vin on the motor, turns out my buddy is lucky I was driving as he has a suspended license which he did not know at the time and the car could of gotten impounded, my friend cannot drive the car nor anyone else as the car is under "investigation".
Working...
X