Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Official 'Craigslist find' thread - awesome & awful (eBay, Kijiji, etc.)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2mAn
    replied
    Originally posted by CNYMIKE
    https://carsandbids.com/auctions/rML...vertible?c=all

Attached is the link to my E30 auction on Cars and Bids.

Leave a comment:

• roguetoaster
    replied
    Originally posted by twright View Post
    I think that's a 4 cylinder Fiero engine.
    Mmm, the Duke de Ferrum. TBI, Roman numerals, and 98 HP.

Leave a comment:

• twright
    replied
    I think that's a 4 cylinder Fiero engine.

Leave a comment:

• Staszek
    replied
    Originally posted by Aleman View Post
    Not E30 content, but worth a good laugh anyway.

RARE 1986 Mid-Engine Vintage Supercar Look Artero Fiero Kit - $8,000

Click image for larger version

Name:	00A0A_37bZGWwQ6Wq_0CI0pO_600x450.jpg
Views:	567
Size:	52.7 KB
ID:	9964313

Must See and Drive to Appreciate (pics do not do this car justice, looks like a vintage lambo)
    1986 Pontiac Fiero with rare $8k+ (Before Excellent White Pearl Paint) Artero Kit
    Very Clean Interior, Garage Kept, Everything Works
    Turns heads on every drive
    Its kinda cool, it would look amazing if it wasnt for that rear wheel well setup that makes the rear tire look super small.

Leave a comment:

• 2mAn
    replied
    That looks dope

Leave a comment:

• Aleman
    replied
    Not E30 content, but worth a good laugh anyway.

RARE 1986 Mid-Engine Vintage Supercar Look Artero Fiero Kit - $8,000

Name:	00A0A_37bZGWwQ6Wq_0CI0pO_600x450.jpg
Views:	567
Size:	52.7 KB
ID:	9964313

Must See and Drive to Appreciate (pics do not do this car justice, looks like a vintage lambo)
    1986 Pontiac Fiero with rare $8k+ (Before Excellent White Pearl Paint) Artero Kit
    Very Clean Interior, Garage Kept, Everything Works
    Turns heads on every drive

Leave a comment:

• 2mAn
    replied
    Originally posted by e30austin View Post
    i sold the cabrio on 30 November, couldn't tell you what the buyer was planning to do with it, nor do i care what they do with it - that's their business.
    Thought the whole point was to find a good home for it?...

Leave a comment:

• e30austin
    replied
    i sold the cabrio on 30 November, couldn't tell you what the buyer was planning to do with it, nor do i care what they do with it - that's their business.

Leave a comment:

• 2mAn
    replied
    Did y'all not notice they are the same pics and same ad... flip? e30austin

Leave a comment:

• Aleman
    replied
    Originally posted by roguetoaster View Post
    Driver quality paint, formerly popped engine, seemingly not really repaired. 35k, maybe try 13.5k at most.
    Seller might have gotten closer to $20k:

I would expect it to be near perfect for that money. Surely an 'is' would be super clean for $20k.

Leave a comment:

• roguetoaster
    replied
    Driver quality paint, formerly popped engine, seemingly not really repaired. 35k, maybe try 13.5k at most.

Leave a comment:

• Staszek
    replied
    Originally posted by Aleman View Post
    Are M-Tech verts bringing this kind of coin these days? Maybe the seller goofed and put an extra zero on the end of the price.

1992 BMW 325i M-Technic II cabriolet 5-speed e30 - $32,000

Name:	00n0n_3SiKyuvB5mu_0hi0bc_600x450.jpg
Views:	764
Size:	35.4 KB
ID:	9963324

325i cabriolet, ec05196
    alpine white II (218) over lotus white full leather (0462)
    m20b25/getrag 260 5-speed manual/3.73 LSD
    181k miles, second owner, clean OR title in hand
    rare m-technic appearance package (770 code)
    largely stock vehicle, down to the original color matched 14" wheels
    cyl head rebuild in 2002, timing belt/water pump in 2015, new H&R/Bilstein suspension, very mechanically sorted
    glass out repaint in 2018, new euro spec mtechnic front and rear bumpers, new mtechnic front spoiler
    lots of misc hardware replaced, body seals/gaskets, etc
    good, driver quality, mtechnic e30

i have owned this car since July, 2015. having purchased it from its original owner, i knew it was a car worth saving, particularly, because it was one of a select few that was optioned with the 770 package, as well as a manual transmission, which was uncommon. the original owner was a lawyer and this was reportedly his first major car purchase. somewhere along the line, the car ended up sitting from ~2007, until i purchased the car. right before the car got parked, the pads/rotors/calipers were all replaced. from what i can see, from digging into the car, the cylinder head and related parts (misc cooling hoses, fuel hoses) were serviced around 2002 - my best guess, the owner neglected to change the timing belt and it failed. engine runs very well.

the first thing i did was replace the timing belt, water pump, cap, rotor, plugs, fuel and air filters. at the same time, i replaced the torn, power top assembly (with a failed motor) with a good, used, manual top assembly. i then daily drove it for about a year before taking it off the road.

in early 2017, i stripped the car down and prepared it for a full body and paint job. it took over a year, but i finally got the car back. i have lots of pictures during the process. only recently, was i able to spend a couple weeks and reassemble the car. it's a driver quality paint job.

during my ownership, i have done the following:
    -new Bilstein Sport dampers and H&R Sport springs (9/20)
    -oil service (9/20)
    -remanufactured factory steering rack, OE motor mounts (9/20)
    -new 205/60/14 tires (9/20)
    -timing belt/water pump/partial inspection 2, overhauled shifting assembly@ 171k (8/15)
    -new OE mtechnic front spoiler (9/16)
    -new OE euro spec mtechnic front bumper assembly (9/16)
    -new OE euro spec mtechnic rear bumper assembly (9/16)
    -new OE outer window scrapers, window guide/door seals (where the door meets the top), cabrio front top seal, wiper grommets, wiper cowl covers, almost all of the mtechnic mounting hardware, door hinge bushings, roundels, kidney grill, Euro headlight grills, H4 low beams, etc (8/20)
    One on this board sold for over 20k I believe. Definitely not $3200 they are harder to come by then the regular verts.

Leave a comment:

• Aleman
    replied
    Are M-Tech verts bringing this kind of coin these days? Maybe the seller goofed and put an extra zero on the end of the price.

1992 BMW 325i M-Technic II cabriolet 5-speed e30 - $32,000

Name:	00n0n_3SiKyuvB5mu_0hi0bc_600x450.jpg
Views:	764
Size:	35.4 KB
ID:	9963324

325i cabriolet, ec05196
    alpine white II (218) over lotus white full leather (0462)
    m20b25/getrag 260 5-speed manual/3.73 LSD
    181k miles, second owner, clean OR title in hand
    rare m-technic appearance package (770 code)
    largely stock vehicle, down to the original color matched 14" wheels
    cyl head rebuild in 2002, timing belt/water pump in 2015, new H&R/Bilstein suspension, very mechanically sorted
    glass out repaint in 2018, new euro spec mtechnic front and rear bumpers, new mtechnic front spoiler
    lots of misc hardware replaced, body seals/gaskets, etc
    good, driver quality, mtechnic e30

i have owned this car since July, 2015. having purchased it from its original owner, i knew it was a car worth saving, particularly, because it was one of a select few that was optioned with the 770 package, as well as a manual transmission, which was uncommon. the original owner was a lawyer and this was reportedly his first major car purchase. somewhere along the line, the car ended up sitting from ~2007, until i purchased the car. right before the car got parked, the pads/rotors/calipers were all replaced. from what i can see, from digging into the car, the cylinder head and related parts (misc cooling hoses, fuel hoses) were serviced around 2002 - my best guess, the owner neglected to change the timing belt and it failed. engine runs very well.

the first thing i did was replace the timing belt, water pump, cap, rotor, plugs, fuel and air filters. at the same time, i replaced the torn, power top assembly (with a failed motor) with a good, used, manual top assembly. i then daily drove it for about a year before taking it off the road.

in early 2017, i stripped the car down and prepared it for a full body and paint job. it took over a year, but i finally got the car back. i have lots of pictures during the process. only recently, was i able to spend a couple weeks and reassemble the car. it's a driver quality paint job.

during my ownership, i have done the following:
    -new Bilstein Sport dampers and H&R Sport springs (9/20)
    -oil service (9/20)
    -remanufactured factory steering rack, OE motor mounts (9/20)
    -new 205/60/14 tires (9/20)
    -timing belt/water pump/partial inspection 2, overhauled shifting assembly@ 171k (8/15)
    -new OE mtechnic front spoiler (9/16)
    -new OE euro spec mtechnic front bumper assembly (9/16)
    -new OE euro spec mtechnic rear bumper assembly (9/16)
    -new OE outer window scrapers, window guide/door seals (where the door meets the top), cabrio front top seal, wiper grommets, wiper cowl covers, almost all of the mtechnic mounting hardware, door hinge bushings, roundels, kidney grill, Euro headlight grills, H4 low beams, etc (8/20)

Leave a comment:

• roguetoaster
    replied
    Probably got an equivalency letter from BMW, that would probably be the only legal avenue.

Leave a comment:

• cory58
    replied
    How is that thing titled and tagged in Commifornia?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X