Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Official 'Craigslist find' thread - awesome & awful (eBay, Kijiji, etc.)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• flyboyx
    replied
    i get where you are going with that. to me it seems like those are prices people ask hoping to catch a lucky break with a car guy, but honestly i've never seen a car sell for anywhere close to that premium. not for a fairly utilitarian bmw anyway.

ferarri 575's with a manual occasionally sell for close to 300k whereas the dct is around a 125k vehicle. the irony is that like the e46 m3, the transmission is the same. a guy could easily convert the 575 with a few thousand dollars worth of parts from a 550. is it original? no. a purist would probably loose his shit, but to an enthusiast, it would be pure harmony.

just the same....the car in question above is a 328xi. seems like boredom in motion. if it were a 335, i could see an extra couple grand or so.
    Last edited by flyboyx; 08-03-2019, 10:25 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Schnitzer318is
    replied
    Originally posted by flyboyx View Post
    there is no way that thing is worth anywhere close to 13.5k. that is laughable.
    Enthusiasts pay more for manual cars. Been proven over and over again. We had been looking for an e61 5er wagon for awhile and manuals were usually $5000-10000 (yes, $10k) more expensive. We bought an auto.

While I wouldn't pay that price for that e90/6... someone will. We've made our beds as enthusiasts...

Leave a comment:

• flyboyx
    replied
    there is no way that thing is worth anywhere close to 13.5k. that is laughable. this is the mileage where everything is preprogramed to fall apart on these crappy cars. probably the reason its owner is selling.

i would guess the drivetrain could in theory handle a more powerful engine. i bet you would almost need to be a rocket scientist to figure out the wiring diagram however. apparently they made a 335xi wagon. rather than an engine swap, i would say that car probably already has an n54 installed?

the screenshot posted below says the centerdiff is mechanical with limited slip. i highly doubt that is correct.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by flyboyx; 08-03-2019, 08:49 AM.

Leave a comment:

• varg
    replied
    Are the drivetrains in AWD E90s durable enough to take a beating from say, an N54 swap or even a turbocharged N52, or are they like the weak stuff in the E30 ix?

Leave a comment:

• Motheye99
    replied
    clean 2008 328xi 6mt for 13.5K, I didnt even know these came in a manual
    https://losangeles.craigslist.org/la...946930866.html

Leave a comment:

• djjerme
    replied
    Maybe he meant to say "Passenger Windbag" and he's including his old lady with the sale.

Leave a comment:

• Aleman
    replied
    Originally posted by roguetoaster View Post
    "Passenger air bag." "Power everything." Funny.
    Yes, when the passenger sees an accident is going to happen she has to puff up her cheeks for airbag protection.

Sent from my smart phone using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• justinpirie
    replied
    Originally posted by roguetoaster View Post

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji2357]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• roguetoaster
    replied

Leave a comment:

• sampayne
    replied
    Originally posted by Slybeanx View Post
    https://washingtondc.craigslist.org/...939672235.html

"1990 BMW 325i convertible with 61,300 miles in excellent condition. 100% stock, unmolested. New tires, new OEM convertible. No accidents. All original manuals available, toolkit intact. Manual transmission, passenger air bag, leather heated seats, power everything. Best color combination for this sporty car. It still drives wonderfully ? well-balanced handling with a silky smooth 6 cylinder. Bought the car for wife when it was one year old. Sorry to see it go but we need to downsize."
    Clean and low miles, but $17.5k is craaack smoker price.

Leave a comment:

• Slybeanx
    replied
    https://washingtondc.craigslist.org/...939672235.html

"1990 BMW 325i convertible with 61,300 miles in excellent condition. 100% stock, unmolested. New tires, new OEM convertible. No accidents. All original manuals available, toolkit intact. Manual transmission, passenger air bag, leather heated seats, power everything. Best color combination for this sporty car. It still drives wonderfully ? well-balanced handling with a silky smooth 6 cylinder. Bought the car for wife when it was one year old. Sorry to see it go but we need to downsize."
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Gentlejackjones
    replied
    Originally posted by Motheye99 View Post
    that was added after I found this add, that E30 has some bbs RK's might actually be worth 2500$
    Seems like a pretty straightforward scenario here: offer the guy $3500 for the S engine and the e30 total.

Leave a comment:

• Motheye99
    replied
    Originally posted by laidback93 View Post
    He also snuck an E30 in there as well. States that it's an 'iS', but I spot a crank sunroof...
    that was added after I found this add, that E30 has some bbs RK's might actually be worth 2500$

Leave a comment:

• laidback93
    replied
    Originally posted by Motheye99 View Post
    I read the ad a few times and figured out why they have the white car also.

just your stereotypical Auto E36m3 owner, nothing to new
    He also snuck an E30 in there as well. States that it's an 'iS', but I spot a crank sunroof...

Leave a comment:

• Motheye99
    replied
    Originally posted by flyboyx View Post
    what is up with the first pic where the car is perfect and the white car halfway through the photos? most certainly not what this little boy is selling.

looks to me like this car was almost perfect before this teenager got ahold of it. so sad.

no low balls? how about if i dangle my balls over his face? that way he won't have to bend down to lick the sweat off them.
    I read the ad a few times and figured out why they have the white car also.
    AS considering sale 1999 m3 alpina 2
    just your stereotypical Auto E36m3 owner, nothing to new

Leave a comment:

Working...
X