Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Official 'Craigslist find' thread - awesome & awful (eBay, Kijiji, etc.)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stanley Rockafella
    replied
    Originally posted by jgilber0 View Post
    Surprised we haven't seen this on BAT yet!

Leave a comment:

• flyboyx
    replied
    Originally posted by Aleman View Post
    Please. Take my money. Edits to the ad:
    Everywhere I go, it starts a lot of laughter
    This is a greatly craptastic poseur vehicle
    Public humiliation comes easy with this

Rare Ferrari F-40 Kit Car - $24000
    https://miami.craigslist.org/brw/cto...118399089.html

Click image for larger version Name:	00T0T_a3TbweDSr92_600x450.jpg Views:	0 Size:	52.3 KB ID:	9925268

This is one of the rarest Ferrari F40 Body Kit Built on a Pontiac Firebird Trans Am
    NOT A FIERO KIT
    Look at the pictures and judge by yourself
    the kit was taken of the market due to a lawsuit between Ferrari and the Kit Makers
    only a few rare ones remain.
    If you are a Kit Car Fanatic , Let's talk
    the real Ferrari sells around $2.2 Million dollars
    Everywhere I go, it starts a conversation
    This is a great Signature vehicle
    Publicity comes easy with this

has GM 350
    4 barrel New Edelbrock Carburetor
    aluminum heads
    headers
    new tires
    Just replaced front disk, brake calipers, pads
    rear drums, cylinders and shoes
    Replaced Master brake cylinder
    Replaced Brake Hoses
    replaced water pump

cost over $2000.00
    rear traction
    GM Trans am platform
    refurbished inside out

still some cosmetic flaws, nothing alarming

if this car had a ZR1 engine and the new corvette suspension
    I would be asking twice this amount easy....

Thanks for looking
    that's...just...terrible. I think he would have to give me 24k just to take it off his hands. but...according to the seller, its..."rare". yay!

Leave a comment:

• jgilber0
    replied
    This 88 Vert in FL

Click image for larger version

Name:	image_151576.jpg
Views:	1084
Size:	83.8 KB
ID:	9927346

Leave a comment:

• varg
    replied
    If I only had $1800...

https://miami.craigslist.org/pbc/cto...118630367.html

I selling my 1988 Toyota MR2, I Purchased the car ten years ago,this car is from Arizona. The body is in really good shape original paint,the reason I selling is because the engine is knocking and I don't have the money and the time to fix it is a great project car.
    Click image for larger version  Name:	00303_55oXwHZsnth_600x450.jpg Views:	0 Size:	108.4 KB ID:	9926178
    Click image for larger version  Name:	00202_jFzOfKNUkRx_600x450.jpg Views:	0 Size:	96.3 KB ID:	9926179
    Click image for larger version  Name:	00R0R_kgmRFKGBSHY_600x450.jpg Views:	0 Size:	56.7 KB ID:	9926180

If this had been for sale when I was E30 shopping, I probably never would have bought an E30. AW11 MR2s were on my short list, I would really love to rebuild that little engine and shoot for 10lb/hp or better, or swap it.

Leave a comment:

• Aleman
    replied
    Please. Take my money. Edits to the ad:
    Everywhere I go, it starts a lot of laughter
    This is a greatly craptastic poseur vehicle
    Public humiliation comes easy with this

Rare Ferrari F-40 Kit Car - $24000
    https://miami.craigslist.org/brw/cto...118399089.html

Click image for larger version  Name:	00T0T_a3TbweDSr92_600x450.jpg Views:	0 Size:	52.3 KB ID:	9925268

This is one of the rarest Ferrari F40 Body Kit Built on a Pontiac Firebird Trans Am
    NOT A FIERO KIT
    Look at the pictures and judge by yourself
    the kit was taken of the market due to a lawsuit between Ferrari and the Kit Makers
    only a few rare ones remain.
    If you are a Kit Car Fanatic , Let's talk
    the real Ferrari sells around $2.2 Million dollars
    Everywhere I go, it starts a conversation
    This is a great Signature vehicle
    Publicity comes easy with this

has GM 350
    4 barrel New Edelbrock Carburetor
    aluminum heads
    headers
    new tires
    Just replaced front disk, brake calipers, pads
    rear drums, cylinders and shoes
    Replaced Master brake cylinder
    Replaced Brake Hoses
    replaced water pump

cost over $2000.00
    rear traction
    GM Trans am platform
    refurbished inside out

still some cosmetic flaws, nothing alarming

if this car had a ZR1 engine and the new corvette suspension
    I would be asking twice this amount easy....

Thanks for looking

Last edited by Aleman; 05-13-2020, 09:46 AM.

Leave a comment:

• roguetoaster
    replied
    Originally posted by varg View Post
    Flagging was impotent long before they implemented the fee.
    Not disagreeing with that.

Leave a comment:

• varg
    replied
    Flagging was impotent long before they implemented the fee.

Leave a comment:

• roguetoaster
    replied
    Originally posted by varg View Post
    Remember when flagging on Craigslist actually did something? I used to flag the obnoxious dealership spam in the by owner section and it would actually get deleted. I haven't seen a flag result in something being removed in years.
    True, but remember how that one magical flag from someone can take down the post that you may have to pay for these days. Frustrating, but there is a reason CL has lost users.

Leave a comment:

• varg
    replied
    Remember when flagging on Craigslist actually did something? I used to flag the obnoxious dealership spam in the by owner section and it would actually get deleted. I haven't seen a flag result in something being removed in years.

Leave a comment:

• roguetoaster
    replied
    Originally posted by DunDeal07 View Post
    Selling as parts to avoid a listing fee. Picture from 20 years ago, mentions redundant in the ad, which is not a word generally used in the US in regard to employment = likely scam.

Leave a comment:

• DunDeal07
    replied
    Anyone seen this? What a price!

Leave a comment:

• Vincenze
    replied
    Originally posted by ZeKahr View Post

Side note: I just googled "Mercedes Pagoda" (you can tell I'm relatively new to vintage German cars), and I feel head-over-heels in love with the design - so much so I had the urge to dump my E30 and for one... and then I saw the price tags on the damn things. Shame they cost an arm and a leg though - but that looks and rarity of those cars commend it.
    The designer of the Pagoda, Paul Bracq, also designed the first BMW 3 Series E21.
    I think that its design looks unfinished, though.

Leave a comment:

• ZeKahr
    replied
    Originally posted by E30 Wagen;n=9922578
    This isn't just a "mint" car. It's a time capsule. How often in life have you wanted to go back in time? That's like the ultimate fantasy, right? Well, with this car you actually can, sort of. Maybe 20 years ago you could have built/restored an e30 with all new parts from BMW, but not any more, and even then it would have cost a fortune. Among numerous other parts, getting a brand new OEM interior just isn't going to happen today. You can try to find matching OE materials but it's just not the same. This car is like your one chance to go back 30 years and experience what a 100% brand new e30 is like. Not restored, new. And, it's not some garden variety version, it's a somewhat rare early model 325ix. Maybe not that exciting but it's still kinda special.
    I just looked up the production figures for the 325ix, and alright that justifies the price tag a lot more. For some reason I thought they were more mass-produced than they really were. As for the go back in time thing... well I wasn't even born back when the last batch of E30 rolled off the assembly line so I'm probably not emotionally mature enough to even answer that question but I get it. Hell, I haven't even brought any of the cars I've owned new and none of them had less than 150k miles but I can understand why someone would want a car like this - you buy something like this 325ix to get that "fresh off the dealership lot with (almost) 0 miles with no prior owners (okay maybe one prior owner)" feeling like its still 1986. The way I see it, that emotion is very fleeting - it feels absolutely fantastic for a short while, then you sort of just get used to the car. It happened to me with my Eta daily - felt wonderful for the first month as if I had a special time machine that would take me back to 1986 every time I drove it. Then I just got used to seeing it and using it as a daily.

Originally posted by Vincenze View Post

A full restoration in the USA or Europe will cost mad money if you can't do it yourself.

Here is an example that I found curious: https://bringatrailer.com/listing/19...-280sel-4-5-9/
    Somebody wanted to restore a Mercedes and has spent more than $100,000.
    It's still not ready. And it's not even the wonderful Pagoda.
    True, I've been quoted around $50k-60k for a full restoration for my Eta. Rebuilds are much cheaper, faster, and much more doable.

Personally, I do not have the gall to dump money into a full-out restoration like the guy you linked. A full restoration is an all or nothing venture and in his case he ended up with nothing... and a $100k+ hole in his wallet.

Side note: I just googled "Mercedes Pagoda" (you can tell I'm relatively new to vintage German cars), and I feel head-over-heels in love with the design - so much so I had the urge to dump my E30 and for one... and then I saw the price tags on the damn things. Shame they cost an arm and a leg though - but that looks and rarity of those cars commend it.

Leave a comment:

• Albie325
    replied
    That E9 is pretty sweet. I'd consider myself a (gulp) "purist" and would have preferred it to have the original engine, but man that thing is awesome looking. By far my favorite BMW chassis, but that price tag is wild

Leave a comment:

• Aleman
    replied
    Originally posted by lukeADE335i View Post
    Found a pretty amazing restomod of an e9 on Australian carsales:

Price is pretty out there, but I guess it's probably a comparable car to the Singer Porsches? I'd dump the halo headlights, but otherwise it looks pretty amazing.
    That is a very very nice E9, but like you said, that price is out there ($289k AUD = $187k US). I'd also dump the halo lights. You would think for that money, a buyer would want to be involved with the resto to have it exactly how he or she wants it. Or hold out for an all original low mileage unmolested E9. The drawback to resto mods vs unmolested originals is that the tech in a resto mod is aging from the minute it's installed. The value declines from today, because someone looking for a resto mod 5 years from now will want all the newest tech. Original is always original. Beautiful car, though. Super classy interior.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X