Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Official 'Craigslist find' thread - awesome & awful (eBay, Kijiji, etc.)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• varg
    replied
    Nah, judging by the door gap it's a 1970s car.

Leave a comment:

• flyboyx
    replied
    Either “Eddie” or his boyfriend “Bernard” have given me the impression that in their own minds, they think they are clever descriptive writers. but when you read the ad about the only thing that comes to mind are two cheese balls dressed in puma track suits, a shitload of gold chains, and white leather ankle boots.

Judging by the door gap, I doubt that paint is original as stated. Why is it listed on philly Craig’s if it’s sitting in Miami? Bedazzled pimp badges are a fine touch tho.....

Leave a comment:

• Aleman
    replied
    I guess this car could be special to someone. It's just plain fugly and way overpriced to me though.

1975 Cadillac Deville EL Deora Edition SUPER FLY Low Miles SHOW CAR - $35000

https://philadelphia.craigslist.org/...925969346.html

1975 Cadillac Coupe DeVille" El Deora "

This stunning Cadillac,is the epitome of everything that was outrageous about the 1970's. Her factory rare and one year only " Cerise Firemist " paint positively glows in the sun.

Contrasting with her snow-white top, this gorgeous land yacht demands attention.

Cadillacs were the custom cars of choice in the " Superfly " era of the 1970's. Nothing was too over-the-top and the quality of the materials used was outstanding.

" Superfly " headlight covers- " Rolls Royce " hood cap/grill- Modified padded vinyl top with split side windows and limousine rear window- Vinyl faced trunk lid- Triple chromed landau bars

Along with her custom features she includes an exhaustive list of Cadillac features that make this Cadillac a low mileage and well loved stand-out.

A partial list include:
    Cadillac 500ci engine
    Power windows/locks/steering 8 way power seats
    Cruise control
    Delayed wiper
    am/fm/8 track Tilt / telescopic steering wheel Power trunk/antenna original 8 track premium sound system and added in glove box new sound system with amp and extra speakers in the trunk

Factory cold air conditioning that has been newly upgraded
    Only 39,000 actual miles / Mostly original paint and interior (CREAM PUFF)

Best of all, she rides like a Cadillac should.
    See the attached video
    https://youtu.be/NrB_aPPur74

Call/Text 305-527-6867 EDDIE OR 305-443-7626 BERNARD

Located in Miami, Florida 33126
    Financing Available with Approved Credit
    Trades

Leave a comment:

• TeXJ
    replied
    What sucks about facebook marketplace is that you have to adjust your location to look for cars that are 100miles or more away from you.

Leave a comment:

• varg
    replied
    Now that facebook marketplace is a thing I'm going to hate looking for additional cars even more than I hated it in the past.

Leave a comment:

• Motheye99
    replied
    This add for a M3 that I found on FB marketplace.
    Original paint in good condition. Small nickel dings and scratches common on a car driven daily . Never raced . Commuted and took my kids to school in it . Most reliable car I’ve ever owned !
    https://www.facebook.com/marketplace...3146357992767/

Leave a comment:

• JimmyP
    replied
    Originally posted by Motheye99 View Post
    Not sure if this fits here, also hopefully a M3 guru can cast some light on what this M3 really is.
    https://rmsothebys.com/en/auctions/m...tribute/788205

I'll take a shot, alot of this is conjecture but I think I have it in the ballpark
    A long while ago there was a west coast SIG member named Rob Ferrero that had a Gruppe A car of undetermined provenance.
    I never got a chassis number off it, I think it could have been built from a road car chassis. I think it came from Italy.
    When I was shopping for Gruppe A cars I looked at it, I have lots of pictures of it. Ultimately its not the one I bought, but I think that car did get sold to west coast Club Racer Gil Caravantes who I think also had a few ex PTG cars.
    I think Gil then tore the car completely apart and "restored" it, but also altered it into his version of a Gruppe A tribute car. I have a few pictures post restoration of that car.
    I think this is that car with a few more things to take it to the full Warsteiner livery (of which it was not originally).
    There are a few giveaways, it still has the original 1st gen Gruppe A airbox which Rob's car had (as did mine), the same coil pack arrangement, the instrument cluster is identical to what was in Robs car with some labeling updates (not BMW motorsport standard of the day but very close), also the dash panel switch gear is how Rob had it, but updated (does not / did not have the standard BMW motorsport breaker box on the trans tunnel). Also the cage is not an original Matter cage which I dont think Rob's had one either which is why I believed it was never a Matter shell and subsequently did not buy it. Its got a cut through the trunk fuel cel not the more standard "well cell" bag types that the Gruppe A cars had. I think that was a later Gil addition.

There are lots more little things I could go on about, the fenders are still rolled outward exactly the way they were when Rob had it although now it sports the later one piece 18" DTM92 wheels which I think probably attributes the high ride height. Also it looks like the real Gruppe A struts are gone.When Rob had it thats what was still in it, but these seem to be more modern adjustable dampers.

I think this chassis did see some privateer Gruppe A action in Italy back before Rob owned it, but I would bet nothing of provable provenance and I am pretty sure its not one of the Matter shelled cars.
    It shows a VIN, but who knows if its really the right one.

Its a very nice looking car though and probably a whole lot of fun. This car has been around west coast tracks a long time and west coaster BMWCCA track regulars will probably recognize it from its earlier iterations.

Leave a comment:

• Motheye99
    replied
    E30 LS swap,
    5.3l iron block ls engine 83k
    Aluminum heads with ls3 valve-train
    New headers
    New gaskets
    New sensors
    New car accessories
    Starter
    Alternator relocation
    Ict billet accessory bracket
    E30 ls specific motor and trans (t56) mounts
    Polly motor mounts
    Moroso oil pan (front sump for e30)
    Sikky oil filter relocation kit
    Wiring specialties Ls to e30 engine harness with corvette c5 reflashed ecu included. (Payed 1500$)

All this worth well over 3.5k in parts. This drops right into an e30 bolt it up and run the wires and turn it on.
    https://www.facebook.com/marketplace...9211560753588/

Leave a comment:

• flyboyx
    replied
    well, it says "tribute". to me, this means there is no race provenance. it looks like someone did a really good job with it though.

Leave a comment:

• Motheye99
    replied
    Not sure if this fits here, also hopefully a M3 guru can cast some light on what this M3 really is.
    https://rmsothebys.com/en/auctions/m...tribute/788205
    1989 BMW M3 DTM Tribute

Leave a comment:

• laidback93
    replied
    The Official 'Craigslist find' thread - awesome & awful (eBay, Kijiji, etc.)

This car was shared in my AZ E30 group on Facebook. Seemed too good to be true. Taking a second look I’d say yes.

I’d love to look at it as I’m local but I don’t want to waste his time.

Maybe I can convince him to come to the Bimmers and Breakfast meet up this Saturday.

Leave a comment:

• e30RS
    replied
    Who is selling that. . . . .sonny?!

Leave a comment:

• 808ETA
    replied
    It's slightly suspect. Has lots of hot boi mods that i just dont think the original owner in the story would have done.

Maybe it was an OG Hot Boi

Leave a comment:

• djjerme
    replied
    Originally posted by roguetoaster View Post
    Meter maid mobile.

Thing looks like it’d roll on any corner taken higher than 2 mph. I wonder if supervisors used it as a form of punishment for those on parking duty..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• roguetoaster
    replied
    I thought this was a smashed car when I first saw it.
    Meter maid mobile.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X