Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Official 'Craigslist find' thread - awesome & awful (eBay, Kijiji, etc.)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by e30crazie View Post
    Odometer has only 2,087 miles, so that must be why he's asking so much.

Sent from my smartphone using Tapatalk
    R135 /// 1990 Alpinweiß II 325is
    └┼┼┘ /// 1993 Black/Black Convertible (sold)

Comment

Originally posted by Aleman View Post
      Odometer has only 2,087 miles, so that must be why he's asking so much.

Sent from my smartphone using Tapatalk
      He fixed the ad to list it at 1,400 which is still high in my opinion but I am not looking to deal with a headache like this.

Last car I bought like this was for $200. Took the parts I wanted and towed it to a rich neighborhood and parked it. It was gone by the next day.

But with a new interior, new drivetrain, new suspension/brakes, some exterior work and a paint job it could be not half bad.
      sigpic
      Gun control means using both hands
      Sex, Drugs, Rock 'n roll. Pick two.

Comment

This is interesting for sure... but $8,900? Maybe $3k less than that.

1989 BMW 320i Euro Import E30 - $8900

109,000 miles (175,000 KM).
        This car was imported from Germany in 2014. It is a truly unique car, I have never seen an E30 320i in the USA. The car is 100% stock besides the yellow high beams. It is my daily driver and is a fantastic car.

Recent work done:
        Water pump, timing belt, thermostat, oil change, rear suspension bushings.

Underneath the car it is extremely clean. No frame rot at all which is one of the main reasons I purchased the car.
        Since this car is a Euro, it is worth mentioning it doesn't have power steering or a radio. I just use a Bose bluetooth speaker and it works great which I will include in the deal. The car does have some body rust on the bottom of the doors, lowers, and rear fenders and the throwout bearing does whine a bit when the clutch is depressed. Besides that I can say that this is one of the most solid E30s I have ever come by. I would be completely confident putting another 100,000 miles on it without any major issues.

Don't miss this very rare chance to own a unicorn of a car! Please do not hesitate to contact me with any questions.
        R135 /// 1990 Alpinweiß II 325is
        └┼┼┘ /// 1993 Black/Black Convertible (sold)

Comment

Originally posted by Aleman View Post
          This is interesting for sure... but $8,900? Maybe $3k less than that.

1989 BMW 320i Euro Import E30 - $8900

109,000 miles (175,000 KM).
          This car was imported from Germany in 2014. It is a truly unique car, I have never seen an E30 320i in the USA. The car is 100% stock besides the yellow high beams. It is my daily driver and is a fantastic car.

Recent work done:
          Water pump, timing belt, thermostat, oil change, rear suspension bushings.

Underneath the car it is extremely clean. No frame rot at all which is one of the main reasons I purchased the car.
          Since this car is a Euro, it is worth mentioning it doesn't have power steering or a radio. I just use a Bose bluetooth speaker and it works great which I will include in the deal. The car does have some body rust on the bottom of the doors, lowers, and rear fenders and the throwout bearing does whine a bit when the clutch is depressed. Besides that I can say that this is one of the most solid E30s I have ever come by. I would be completely confident putting another 100,000 miles on it without any major issues.

Don't miss this very rare chance to own a unicorn of a car! Please do not hesitate to contact me with any questions.
          What a pretty E30, and so very rare. I see why it would/should go for his asking, but I would think he needs some better glamour shots (no dark views) and then get it on BAT to get close to $10k. I would drive that all day and not think twice about it. $10k puts it in a different category, though.

Categories:

(1) Daily Driver - you use it as a daily driver. In this category you are comparing it, financially, to a modern daily driver, with initial purchase cost, maintenance costs, insurance rates, and fuel costs factored in. You should also consider safety, because statistically, if you get in an accident, it's likely to be with your daily driver. I use my E30 (recently bought from NOLA) as a daily driver (sort of) on bad weather days. On nice days, I use its stablemate.

(2) Weekend Driver/Rally Car - car is driven only sporadically, or for specific events (time attack, bro). This is a toy in car form. Any expenditure in its name is not made for any reason other than to improve the experience of driving the E30 itself, not for any transportation necessity. If the E30 needs to sit up for a little bit waiting on a part, or while getting competing estimates for work beyond your abilities, then that's okay, because your daily driver is a 2012 Accord or something like that (maybe a modern 3-series).

(3) Hoon Mobile - car is driven to attract attention only. This is the worst category of E30 to me. These are usually projects with bad repairs, screeching exhausts, etc.

I would pay $10k for a tip-top (1) and maybe an insanely well-sorted (2), would pay $7k for a reasonable (2) and about $2k for a (3) I would try to convert to a (1) or a (2).

But that's just my own humble opinion.

Current Bimmers:
          1991 525i, lagungrun
          1991 318i M54B30 swapped, brilliantrot
          1991 318i S52 swapped, diamantschwarz
          1991 Bertone FreeClimber (with 2.7i M20B27 engine)
          1989 325is, bronzit
          1982 320i M50B25 swapped, alpinweiss
          1981 320i, saphirblau
          1976 2002, mintgrun

"Murderbrick" 1991 318i M54B30 swap

Comment

Originally posted by Gentlejackjones View Post
            What a pretty E30, and so very rare. I see why it would/should go for his asking, but I would think he needs some better glamour shots (no dark views) and then get it on BAT to get close to $10k. I would drive that all day and not think twice about it. $10k puts it in a different category, though.

Categories:

(1) Daily Driver - you use it as a daily driver. In this category you are comparing it, financially, to a modern daily driver, with initial purchase cost, maintenance costs, insurance rates, and fuel costs factored in. You should also consider safety, because statistically, if you get in an accident, it's likely to be with your daily driver. I use my E30 (recently bought from NOLA) as a daily driver (sort of) on bad weather days. On nice days, I use its stablemate.

(2) Weekend Driver/Rally Car - car is driven only sporadically, or for specific events (time attack, bro). This is a toy in car form. Any expenditure in its name is not made for any reason other than to improve the experience of driving the E30 itself, not for any transportation necessity. If the E30 needs to sit up for a little bit waiting on a part, or while getting competing estimates for work beyond your abilities, then that's okay, because your daily driver is a 2012 Accord or something like that (maybe a modern 3-series).

(3) Hoon Mobile - car is driven to attract attention only. This is the worst category of E30 to me. These are usually projects with bad repairs, screeching exhausts, etc.

I would pay $10k for a tip-top (1) and maybe an insanely well-sorted (2), would pay $7k for a reasonable (2) and about $2k for a (3) I would try to convert to a (1) or a (2).

But that's just my own humble opinion.
            I hold the opinion that a late model import is not nearly as desirable as an early one - there's very little difference on the late models besides a underpowered motor and a different badge (plus everything in kms) that someone would notice. On an early one sure because you get euro metal bumpers/etc. This is just a slow plastic bumper car, without power steering or a radio.

And there's rust.
            sigpic

4 doors.. so much room for activities!

IG @bluebombr

Transaction Feedback:

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=323622

Comment

http://pensacola.craigslist.org/cto/...518605533.html

If she’ll get in this, no need to ask. She’ll gladly do buttstuff.
              I love the footnotes on this one.

*Never off road, never red lined, never one tire fire, never drift, never pulling e-brake really hard, never garaged, never washed, never premium gas.*
              sigpic

4 doors.. so much room for activities!

IG @bluebombr

Transaction Feedback:

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=323622

Comment

The only late model import thats worth anything is a rust-free Touring, or a 320iS
                Simon
                Current Cars:
                -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
                  The only late model import thats worth anything is a rust-free Touring, or a 320iS
                  or that South African car with mtech kit and aluminum fenders. 333i?
                  sigpic
                  Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

88 cabrio becoming alpina b6 3.5s transplanted s62
                  92 Mtech 2 cabrio alpinweiss 770 code
                  88 325ix coupe manual lachsilber/cardinal
                  88 325ix coupe manual diamondschwartz/natur
                  87 e30 m3 for parts lachsilber/cardinal(serial number 7)
                  12 135i M sport cabrio grey/black

Comment

http://pensacola.craigslist.org/cto/...518605533.html

If she’ll get in this, no need to ask. She’ll gladly do buttstuff.
                    Holy Shit! Someone kill it with fire and put it out of it's misery. . .

Also, I fixed this for the poster:
                    "Always off road, Always red lined, Actually both back tires have been on fire simultaneously, drifted it into my driveway this morning, e-brake non-functional from pulling too hard, never garaged, never washed, never premium gas."
                    Thank god, R3V was getting boring since the ginger kid wrecked his car. - Stonea

Comment

Originally posted by Mwishlist View Post
                      Holy Shit! Someone kill it with fire and put it out of it's misery. . .

Also, I fixed this for the poster:
                      "Always off road, Always red lined, Actually both back tires have been on fire simultaneously, drifted it into my driveway this morning, e-brake non-functional from pulling too hard, never garaged, never washed, never premium gas."
                      1990 325is
                      m52b28
                      3.73lsd
                      g260 (1987 325is 5spd tranny)

Comment

I have to agree, nothing special here other than Euro bumpers and engine. I will however add the Baur to your list ;D
                        My new E34 525i Sport Limousine Blog
                        http://bmw525isportlimousine.blogspot.com.es/

Comment

Yeah early models definitely get my attention. late models....not so much.

Comment

Factory m-tech's will sell for a good $$$. Even automatics.

Comment

His price is a bit high, but not out of line with what I have seen listed in Germany.

Comment

Originally posted by Torston View Post
                                https://www.ebay.ca/itm/1991-BMW-325...0AAOSwE~laoXDD

His price is a bit high, but not out of line with what I have seen listed in Germany.
                                27 grand? wow. I've never seen a factory mtech car with a two tone body. the seller says its original but I have my doubts it came this way? also, he is trying to pass the seats off as Recaro. I was kinda excited when I read that and quickly scrolled down through the pics only to be disappointed by cloth bmw sport seats.lol at the little blurb about being worth more than an m3. maybe an e36 m3.

I know they are going up and mtech cars are a premium, but I think thats a dreamer price....by a lot. maybe take 10k off assuming its original.
                                sigpic
                                Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

88 cabrio becoming alpina b6 3.5s transplanted s62
                                92 Mtech 2 cabrio alpinweiss 770 code
                                88 325ix coupe manual lachsilber/cardinal
                                88 325ix coupe manual diamondschwartz/natur
                                87 e30 m3 for parts lachsilber/cardinal(serial number 7)
                                12 135i M sport cabrio grey/black

Comment

Working...
                                X