Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Official 'Craigslist find' thread - awesome & awful (eBay, Kijiji, etc.)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
    Whos drag racing a E31? lol
    Who buys a car with a V12 and shrivels at a stop light challenge? lol

IG @turbovarg
    '91 318is, M20 turbo
    [CoTM: 4-18]
    '94 525iT slicktop, M50B30 + S362SX-E, 600WHP DD or bust
    - updated 1-26

Comment

I think you're missing the entire purpose of the E31...
      Simon
      Current Cars:
      -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Nope. It doesn't take a genius to understand what a GT car is. But the E31 gets beat by everything in its price bracket that is performance oriented and plenty that isn't in the same price range, it's a joke.

IG @turbovarg
        '91 318is, M20 turbo
        - updated 1-26

Comment

Originally posted by varg View Post
          Nope. It doesn't take a genius to understand what a GT car is. But the E31 gets beat by everything in its price bracket that is performance oriented and plenty that isn't in the same price range, it's a joke.
          The E31s competitors were not a Z28 Camaro... It was a Porsche 928 and to some extent, a Mercedes 500/600SL. These werent 1/4 mile cars, they were 150 MPH Autobahn cars.

You've missed the mark. Its ok. Lets move on to other POS cars in craigslist, as this thread is intended for
          Simon
          Current Cars:
          -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

I think the stability of a E31 at 150mph is what sets it apart from the Z28, the Viper and even a 911.

GT cars are built for different purposes than all of the others mentioned

Whos drag racing a E31? lol
            Somebody gets it.

Comment

A base model automatic will do 285 kmh and you are not shitting your diaper full to keep it there. Until you bust draft at 250 kmh you have no clue what the e31 is. It's basically a 650 grain .50 cal boat tail. It does exactly what it's designers intended.

Comment

Originally posted by Torston View Post
                A base model automatic will do 285 kmh

Base model... you're saying is an 840i will do 177mph? Not buying it. Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

The E31s competitors were not a Z28 Camaro... It was a Porsche 928 and to some extent, a Mercedes 500/600SL. These werent 1/4 mile cars, they were 150 MPH Autobahn cars.

You've missed the mark. Its ok. Lets move on to other POS cars in craigslist, as this thread is intended for
                Come on now I cannot take your argument that I've "missed my mark" seriously when you're leaving literally every other high end european GT car available in the early 90s when naming the E31's competitors. I'd accept your assertion that it "wasn't a 1/4mi car but a 150mph autobahn car" if that weren't a false dichotomy. Even in the early 90s you didn't have to choose between quick acceleration and top speed, nor is acceleration a design goal that is detrimental to high speed stability. See: early 90s 911 turbo which ran 12s and topped out in the 170-180mph range, also a $100,000 car btw.

We're done here anyway. I won't post anymore on this subject because we are at an impasse: BMW fanboys vs likes-a-few-bmws-but-the-rest-can-pound-sand.

On topic:

This guy has his craigslist pictures down pat - take it in the rain and underexpose to hide the flaws
                Attached Files
                Last edited by varg; 10-14-2018, 04:42 PM.

IG @turbovarg
                '91 318is, M20 turbo
                - updated 1-26

Comment

Originally posted by Torston View Post
                  A base model automatic will do 285 kmh and you are not shitting your diaper full to keep it there. Until you bust draft at 250 kmh you have no clue what the e31 is. It's basically a 650 grain .50 cal boat tail. It does exactly what it's designers intended.
                  I suspect that almost 0 people have ever drafted someone else at 250kph in an E31. Riding someone else at that speed on the street is asking to die, and as soon as you pull out in to clean air the E31 is going to fall behind.

This guy has his craigslist pictures down pat - take it in the rain and underexpose to hide the flaws
                  He knows what he has...

BMW E30 1985 325e 325 2.7 ETA Inline 6 4 Door Manual Stick - $1300 (Annapolis)
                  https://annapolis.craigslist.org/cto...723317378.html

985 BMW 325e 4 Door 5 Speed Manual
                  The car runs good and is safe to drive but has some issues like shocks and turn signals blinking fast
                  Has new rear rotors, brake pads, battery, recent tires, oil just changed, spark plugs
                  The car is used around town and is tagged historic
                  Clutch is ok and the car is doing ok it could use some new shocks and some other odds and ends
                  Car is 33 years old and has been used daily so understand that
                  Title in hand cash only
                  Looking to sell ASAP
                  Drive it home
                  Please be serious about buying the car
                  Thanks

Comment

"Asking 4500 or best offer don't disrespect me with low ball offers you will be ignored."
                    Ok buddy

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
                    91' 318is 90' 325is

Originally posted by Sonny
                    Buy the E30s, they ain't gonna last long
                    E30 can make you, E30 can break you
                    "He who controls the Nova's, controls the Boomers"

Comment

Photos taken with an original iphone.
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by varg; 10-15-2018, 06:30 AM.

IG @turbovarg
                      '91 318is, M20 turbo
                      - updated 1-26

Comment

Photos taken with an original iphone.
                        I was just about to comment this! Even back in 2007 I took better photos that this guy! Holy crap.
                        90 Bronzit 325is
                        16 Black Sapphire 340i M Sport

Comment

Originally posted by Motheye99 View Post
                          "Asking 4500 or best offer don't disrespect me with low ball offers you will be ignored."
                          Ok buddy

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
                          His pics look like they are part of a Captcha exercise. 'Select the pics that show flaws'

Sent from my smart phone using Tapatalk
                          R135 /// 1990 Alpinweiß II 325is
                          └┼┼┘ /// 1993 Black/Black Convertible (sold)

Comment

Originally posted by Aleman View Post
                            His pics look like they are part of a Captcha exercise. 'Select the pics that show flaws'

Sent from my smart phone using Tapatalk
                            4500 for a clapped out early bronizt ETA on reps

i feel like i should just build a barn and stockpile clean e30 for about 10 years
                            sigpic

4 doors.. so much room for activities!

IG @bluebombr

Transaction Feedback:

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=323622

Comment

Base model... you're saying is an 840i will do 177mph? Not buying it. Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

Come on now I cannot take your argument that I've "missed my mark" seriously when you're leaving literally every other high end european GT car available in the early 90s when naming the E31's competitors. I'd accept your assertion that it "wasn't a 1/4mi car but a 150mph autobahn car" if that weren't a false dichotomy. Even in the early 90s you didn't have to choose between quick acceleration and top speed, nor is acceleration a design goal that is detrimental to high speed stability. See: early 90s 911 turbo which ran 12s and topped out in the 170-180mph range, also a $100,000 car btw.

We're done here anyway. I won't post anymore on this subject because we are at an impasse: BMW fanboys vs likes-a-few-bmws-but-the-rest-can-pound-sand.

I'm assuming a base model is the lowest priced variant. Here's a base model e31 doing 280 kmh up hill with a leaky head gasket (note temperature). He still has about 500 rpm left there too.

BMW E31 850i kein 850CSI auf der Autobahn in good old Germany quasi auf dem Highway

Comment

Originally posted by roguetoaster View Post
                                I suspect that almost 0 people have ever drafted someone else at 250kph in an E31. Riding someone else at that speed on the street is asking to die, and as soon as you pull out in to clean air the E31 is going to fall behind.

You ever been on a side of a highway when a semi truck goes by at 75 mph? What do you think it is like to pass that at 150 mph?

Comment

Working...
                                X