Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Official 'Craigslist find' thread - awesome & awful (eBay, Kijiji, etc.)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• flyboyx
    replied
    It’s just 8.6734x more fun to rip something to shreds rather than hand out accolades.

So.... ok varg....yes. That is indeed an awesome piece of garage furniture. ;)

Leave a comment:

• varg
    replied
    Originally posted by Aleman View Post
    1978 Chevron B36 - $325,000 (Philadelphia)

https://philadelphia.craigslist.org/...915430106.html
    Overpriced car with awful flares, gaudy M stripe paint scheme and an expensive engine in a filthy bay getting all of that attention and you fellas just ignore this cool little machine. Images rehosted for posterity because those craigslist links will probably be dead by the end of the month.

Leave a comment:

• justinpirie
    replied
    Originally posted by djjerme View Post
    I always chuckle when people call their track toy a racecar. If it hasn’t competed (or was built to compete) to win a class, any class, it’s not a RACE car.

Up here, you throw a cage in it, you could run ST with the S54 swap. It’s a purely HP/Weight class. I think NASA allows the same thing. For SCCA autocross I think it gets dumped in to a catch all class that is dominated by Vettes or Honda’s, though they may have splintered them off to their fwd class.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have that conversation frequently when someone tells me they race cars. What series is the question... Track days is usually the answer... [emoji2357][emoji2357][emoji2357]

Leave a comment:

• djjerme
    replied
    The Official 'Craigslist find' thread - awesome & awful (eBay, Kijiji, etc.)

Originally posted by justinpirie View Post
    Lack of cage makes it a toy in my book, and one that I wouldn’t take to the track!

I always chuckle when people call their track toy a racecar. If it hasn’t competed (or was built to compete) to win a class, any class, it’s not a RACE car.

Up here, you throw a cage in it, you could run ST with the S54 swap. It’s a purely HP/Weight class. I think NASA allows the same thing. For SCCA autocross I think it gets dumped in to a catch all class that is dominated by Vettes or Honda’s, though they may have splintered them off to their fwd class.

Leave a comment:

• e30RS
    replied
    Nope. Need more than a 70's race helmet with that rig.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X