Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Official 'Craigslist find' thread - awesome & awful (eBay, Kijiji, etc.)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MR E30 325is View Post
    What is everyone's take on this specimen?

I figured it would have flown off of the shelf the first night.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/e30o...66242123390088
    It's slightly suspect. Has lots of hot boi mods that i just dont think the original owner in the story would have done.
    91' 318is 90' 325is

Originally posted by Sonny
    Buy the E30s, they ain't gonna last long
    E30 can make you, E30 can break you
    "He who controls the Nova's, controls the Boomers"

Comment

Originally posted by Tisoc View Post
      6 cylinder rear valance?
      Good eye. Seller is adamant that it is all original.
      My previous build (currently E30-less)
      http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=170390

A 2016 Toyota Tacoma TRD 4x4 Offroad in Inferno is my newest obsession

Comment

Originally posted by Motheye99 View Post
        It's slightly suspect. Has lots of hot boi mods that i just dont think the original owner in the story would have done.
        Agreed. Hot boi mods, but no new tires? Interdasting.

Going to check it out in person when I go down to Phoenix after the Fourth for work, but wanted R3v to weigh in in the meantime.
        My previous build (currently E30-less)
        http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=170390

A 2016 Toyota Tacoma TRD 4x4 Offroad in Inferno is my newest obsession

Comment

I thought this was a smashed car when I first saw it.
          https://losangeles.craigslist.org/ws...921645282.html
          91' 318is 90' 325is

Comment

Originally posted by MR E30 325is View Post
            What is everyone's take on this specimen?

I figured it would have flown off of the shelf the first night.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/e30o...66242123390088
            The rear valance being from an m20 car is a little fishy, given that the OP is saying it's never been in an accident.. Plus it has been repainted and that paint is apparently showing wear to the point where the old paint is showing..

Also, he says he has no paperwork besides the title..
            Current Collection: 1990 325is // 1987 325i Vert // 2003 525i 5spd // 1985 380SL // 1992 Ranger 5spd // 2005 Avalanche // 2024 Honda Grom SP

Comment

I thought this was a smashed car when I first saw it.
              Meter maid mobile.

Comment

Originally posted by roguetoaster View Post
                Meter maid mobile.

Thing looks like it’d roll on any corner taken higher than 2 mph. I wonder if supervisors used it as a form of punishment for those on parking duty..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                1991 325i MT2 Touring (JDM bro)
                2016 Ford Flex
                2011 Audi A3 - wife's other German car

Comment

Maybe it was an OG Hot Boi
                  sigpic84 325e

Comment

Who is selling that. . . . .sonny?!

Comment

The Official 'Craigslist find' thread - awesome & awful (eBay, Kijiji, etc.)

This car was shared in my AZ E30 group on Facebook. Seemed too good to be true. Taking a second look I’d say yes.

I’d love to look at it as I’m local but I don’t want to waste his time.

Maybe I can convince him to come to the Bimmers and Breakfast meet up this Saturday.
                      90 Bronzit 325is
                      16 Black Sapphire 340i M Sport

Comment

Not sure if this fits here, also hopefully a M3 guru can cast some light on what this M3 really is.
                        https://rmsothebys.com/en/auctions/m...tribute/788205
                        1989 BMW M3 DTM Tribute
                        91' 318is 90' 325is

Comment

well, it says "tribute". to me, this means there is no race provenance. it looks like someone did a really good job with it though.
                          sigpic
                          Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

88 cabrio becoming alpina b6 3.5s transplanted s62
                          92 Mtech 2 cabrio alpinweiss 770 code
                          88 325ix coupe manual lachsilber/cardinal
                          88 325ix coupe manual diamondschwartz/natur
                          87 e30 m3 for parts lachsilber/cardinal(serial number 7)
                          12 135i M sport cabrio grey/black

Comment

E30 LS swap,
                            5.3l iron block ls engine 83k
                            Aluminum heads with ls3 valve-train
                            New headers
                            New gaskets
                            New sensors
                            New car accessories
                            Starter
                            Alternator relocation
                            Ict billet accessory bracket
                            E30 ls specific motor and trans (t56) mounts
                            Polly motor mounts
                            Moroso oil pan (front sump for e30)
                            Sikky oil filter relocation kit
                            Wiring specialties Ls to e30 engine harness with corvette c5 reflashed ecu included. (Payed 1500$)

All this worth well over 3.5k in parts. This drops right into an e30 bolt it up and run the wires and turn it on.
                            Clean Pink Title in Hand 1992 BMW e30 318i Cabrio Vert One of the last year made. Runs & Drives besides it needing a alternator or battery which I can provide if you purchase the vehicle for $3k or...
                            91' 318is 90' 325is

Comment

Not sure if this fits here, also hopefully a M3 guru can cast some light on what this M3 really is.
                              https://rmsothebys.com/en/auctions/m...tribute/788205

I'll take a shot, alot of this is conjecture but I think I have it in the ballpark
                              A long while ago there was a west coast SIG member named Rob Ferrero that had a Gruppe A car of undetermined provenance.
                              I never got a chassis number off it, I think it could have been built from a road car chassis. I think it came from Italy.
                              When I was shopping for Gruppe A cars I looked at it, I have lots of pictures of it. Ultimately its not the one I bought, but I think that car did get sold to west coast Club Racer Gil Caravantes who I think also had a few ex PTG cars.
                              I think Gil then tore the car completely apart and "restored" it, but also altered it into his version of a Gruppe A tribute car. I have a few pictures post restoration of that car.
                              I think this is that car with a few more things to take it to the full Warsteiner livery (of which it was not originally).
                              There are a few giveaways, it still has the original 1st gen Gruppe A airbox which Rob's car had (as did mine), the same coil pack arrangement, the instrument cluster is identical to what was in Robs car with some labeling updates (not BMW motorsport standard of the day but very close), also the dash panel switch gear is how Rob had it, but updated (does not / did not have the standard BMW motorsport breaker box on the trans tunnel). Also the cage is not an original Matter cage which I dont think Rob's had one either which is why I believed it was never a Matter shell and subsequently did not buy it. Its got a cut through the trunk fuel cel not the more standard "well cell" bag types that the Gruppe A cars had. I think that was a later Gil addition.

There are lots more little things I could go on about, the fenders are still rolled outward exactly the way they were when Rob had it although now it sports the later one piece 18" DTM92 wheels which I think probably attributes the high ride height. Also it looks like the real Gruppe A struts are gone.When Rob had it thats what was still in it, but these seem to be more modern adjustable dampers.

I think this chassis did see some privateer Gruppe A action in Italy back before Rob owned it, but I would bet nothing of provable provenance and I am pretty sure its not one of the Matter shelled cars.
                              It shows a VIN, but who knows if its really the right one.

Its a very nice looking car though and probably a whole lot of fun. This car has been around west coast tracks a long time and west coaster BMWCCA track regulars will probably recognize it from its earlier iterations.
                              Jimmy P.
                              87 E30 M3 Prodrive British Touring Car
                              88 E30 M3 Zinnoberot - Garage Queen
                              88 E30 M3 Lachsilber - SCCA SPU #98
                              92 M Technic Cabrio - S14 Powered!
                              98 318Ti Morea Green
                              04 Ford F350 Dually Tow Machine

Comment

This add for a M3 that I found on FB marketplace.
                                Original paint in good condition. Small nickel dings and scratches common on a car driven daily . Never raced . Commuted and took my kids to school in it . Most reliable car I’ve ever owned !
                                https://www.facebook.com/marketplace...3146357992767/
                                91' 318is 90' 325is

Comment

Working...
                                X