Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Official 'Craigslist find' thread - awesome & awful (eBay, Kijiji, etc.)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Slybeanx View Post
    https://washingtondc.craigslist.org/...939672235.html

"1990 BMW 325i convertible with 61,300 miles in excellent condition. 100% stock, unmolested. New tires, new OEM convertible. No accidents. All original manuals available, toolkit intact. Manual transmission, passenger air bag, leather heated seats, power everything. Best color combination for this sporty car. It still drives wonderfully ? well-balanced handling with a silky smooth 6 cylinder. Bought the car for wife when it was one year old. Sorry to see it go but we need to downsize."
    Clean and low miles, but $17.5k is craaack smoker price.

Originally posted by 2mAn
    The BMW V6 is the best

Comment

"Passenger air bag." "Power everything." Funny.

Comment

Originally posted by roguetoaster View Post

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji2357]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by roguetoaster View Post
          Yes, when the passenger sees an accident is going to happen she has to puff up her cheeks for airbag protection.

Sent from my smart phone using Tapatalk
          R135 /// 1990 Alpinweiß II 325is
          └┼┼┘ /// 1993 Black/Black Convertible (sold)

Comment

Maybe he meant to say "Passenger Windbag" and he's including his old lady with the sale.
            1991 325i MT2 Touring (JDM bro)
            2016 Ford Flex
            2011 Audi A3 - wife's other German car

Comment

clean 2008 328xi 6mt for 13.5K, I didnt even know these came in a manual

91' 318is 90' 325is

Originally posted by Sonny
              Buy the E30s, they ain't gonna last long
              E30 can make you, E30 can break you
              "He who controls the Nova's, controls the Boomers"

Comment

Are the drivetrains in AWD E90s durable enough to take a beating from say, an N54 swap or even a turbocharged N52, or are they like the weak stuff in the E30 ix?

IG @turbovarg
                '91 318is, M20 turbo
                [CoTM: 4-18]
                '94 525iT slicktop, M50B30 + S362SX-E, 600WHP DD or bust
                - updated 1-26

Comment

there is no way that thing is worth anywhere close to 13.5k. that is laughable. this is the mileage where everything is preprogramed to fall apart on these crappy cars. probably the reason its owner is selling.

i would guess the drivetrain could in theory handle a more powerful engine. i bet you would almost need to be a rocket scientist to figure out the wiring diagram however. apparently they made a 335xi wagon. rather than an engine swap, i would say that car probably already has an n54 installed?

the screenshot posted below says the centerdiff is mechanical with limited slip. i highly doubt that is correct.
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by flyboyx; 08-03-2019, 07:49 AM.
                  sigpic
                  Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

88 cabrio becoming alpina b6 3.5s transplanted s62
                  92 Mtech 2 cabrio alpinweiss 770 code
                  88 325ix coupe manual lachsilber/cardinal
                  88 325ix coupe manual diamondschwartz/natur
                  87 e30 m3 for parts lachsilber/cardinal(serial number 7)
                  12 135i M sport cabrio grey/black

Comment

Originally posted by flyboyx View Post
                    there is no way that thing is worth anywhere close to 13.5k. that is laughable.
                    Enthusiasts pay more for manual cars. Been proven over and over again. We had been looking for an e61 5er wagon for awhile and manuals were usually $5000-10000 (yes, $10k) more expensive. We bought an auto.

While I wouldn't pay that price for that e90/6... someone will. We've made our beds as enthusiasts...
                    "A good memory for quotes combined with a poor memory for attribution can lead to a false sense of originality."
                    -----------------------------------------
                    91 318is Turbo Sold
                    87 325 Daily driver Sold
                    06 4.8is X5
                    06 Mtec X3
                    05 4.4i X5 Sold
                    92 325ic Sold & Re-purchased
                    90 325i Sold
                    97 328is Sold
                    01 323ci Sold
                    92 325i Sold
                    83 528e Totaled
                    98 328i Sold
                    93 325i Sold

Comment

i get where you are going with that. to me it seems like those are prices people ask hoping to catch a lucky break with a car guy, but honestly i've never seen a car sell for anywhere close to that premium. not for a fairly utilitarian bmw anyway.

ferarri 575's with a manual occasionally sell for close to 300k whereas the dct is around a 125k vehicle. the irony is that like the e46 m3, the transmission is the same. a guy could easily convert the 575 with a few thousand dollars worth of parts from a 550. is it original? no. a purist would probably loose his shit, but to an enthusiast, it would be pure harmony.

just the same....the car in question above is a 328xi. seems like boredom in motion. if it were a 335, i could see an extra couple grand or so.
                      Last edited by flyboyx; 08-03-2019, 09:25 AM.
                      sigpic
                      Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

88 cabrio becoming alpina b6 3.5s transplanted s62
                      92 Mtech 2 cabrio alpinweiss 770 code
                      88 325ix coupe manual lachsilber/cardinal
                      88 325ix coupe manual diamondschwartz/natur
                      87 e30 m3 for parts lachsilber/cardinal(serial number 7)
                      12 135i M sport cabrio grey/black

Comment

i get where you are going with that. to me it seems like those are prices people ask hoping to catch a lucky break with a car guy, but honestly i've never seen a car sell for anywhere close to that premium. not for a fairly utilitarian bmw anyway.

ferarri 575's with a manual occasionally sell for close to 300k whereas the dct is around a 125k vehicle. the irony is that like the e46 m3, the transmission is the same. a guy could easily convert the 575 with a few thousand dollars worth of parts from a 550. is it original? no. a purist would probably loose his shit, but to an enthusiast, it would be pure harmony.

just the same....the car in question above is a 328xi. seems like boredom in motion. if it were a 335, i could see an extra couple grand or so.
                        They did make a 335 version of the wagon, I think Nando would probably know better if the xi drivetrain was the same. That being said they never brought the 335 wagon in E91 form to the US.

It's a shame we always get the neutered version.

That car should have the N52B30 in it which in 328 tune was adequate for that car nothing more.

The nice thing is with an intake manifold change and software it would get the power of the 330i N52B30 which I quite enjoyed, 255hp vs 231 but it also just breathed much better.

The N52 is one of my favorite engines, it was just in a heavy chassis. I had over 200k on it and it was rock solid, smooth and plenty of power. Didnt rip like a 335 but didnt have the problems or lag either.

Euro Delivery Thread///E30 Project Klaus///COTM August 2021

Comment

if it were a 335, i could see an extra couple grand or so.
                          There is demand for swapped wagons with some real power :)

1991 318is
                          2004 330ci
                          2011 335d

Comment

Originally posted by dmanb2b View Post
                            There is demand for swapped wagons with some real power :)

Nice, I think about swapping an S54 into an E46 wagon all the time. Its one of my favorite proportioned cars.

Comment

Originally posted by Staszek View Post
                              Nice, I think about swapping an S54 into an E46 wagon all the time. Its one of my favorite proportioned cars.
                              Funny you should mention that. I love that combo...one of our BMW North America Diesel Group members has such a wagon as his company car as well as a few x5d. He restores car interiors ;D

Congratulations to last week’s Shell Fill-Up Friday winner, Tarheel Chapter member Brian Marks, who won a $50 Shell fuel card thanks to this shot of his work

Here is cool little video of interior color change on a e34

Today I travel to Raleigh North Carolina to the shop of Brian Marks from Fibrenew to restore and change the color of his customers E34 BMW interior from a be...
                              1991 318is
                              2004 330ci
                              2011 335d

Comment

Originally posted by dmanb2b View Post
                                Funny you should mention that. I love that combo...one of our BMW North America Diesel Group members has such a wagon as his company car as well as a few x5d. He restores car interiors ;D

Congratulations to last week’s Shell Fill-Up Friday winner, Tarheel Chapter member Brian Marks, who won a $50 Shell fuel card thanks to this shot of his work

Here is cool little video of interior color change on a e34

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ke57Vxj_SeM
                                Wow that E34 interior is nice.

Comment

Working...
                                X