0-60 3.6 seconds only 63 grand!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by T.Dot E30
    This is probably the only GM car i'd ever buy.
    Amen brother. This new Vette is outstanding in every respect. The last few years in sports car racing (a la team Mr. Goodwrench) has taught the boys at GM a thing or two. Like the saying goes: racing improves the breed.

Jon
    Rides...
    1991 325i - sold :(
    2004 2WD Frontier King Cab

RIP #17 Jules Bianchi

Comment

I am obsessed with this car. A simple 7 liter pushrod v8 that is physically smaller and lighter than an m30 pushing 505hp, which is very conservative. I have heard of these being dynoed at close to 530hp stock. There was also talk of upping the offical horsepower rating after Mercedes released their "most powerful N/A v8". There is no question this baby will hit the 200 mph mark. I just wish GM wasnt so conservative, im not complaining abotu the specs but with just a little more work this car could beat the best of the best (enzo, carrera gt, etc).

Comment

Lets put that 7 liter into an e30 and runem!

I would say I am impressed with Chevy's new sports car. But if it is like the 2002 my friend drives like a beater it will be a pos as soon as it goes off the lot.

Plastic interior kills me.

Zo6<911 C4S<x10<F430

Comment

At least the price went up so it wont demolish all the cars I like when magazines do side by side comparisons. GO 911 GO!!!
          sigpic

Comment

That thing is a beast.

Comment

I dont know what you guys see in that vette. I will agree that it's an awsome machine, but I think that looks ugly as hell. I personally like the C5 over the C6. But I cant help but be impressed at the times it pulled off on the Nurburgring... I do believe it was second to the Carerra GT, but nothing else.

I agree with Rob. I would still rather have an Ariel Atom. If not that, then the 911 GT3

But I wonder what the DOT has to say about the Atom? They'll probably add 1000lbs of reflectors and safety devices just for it to be street legal.
              Erick Mahle | FullOpp Drift | YouTube
              EurostopUSA | Dunlop Tires | Ireland Engineering | EnthusiastApparel | Ground Control

..::Support FullOpp::..
              FullOpp Stickers for sale!
              NEW | Enthusiast Apparel T-Shirts! | NEW
              Feedback Thread

Originally posted by Mr. Anderson
              ...one of the most hardcore E30's around. :D

Comment

well, the info I got said it is technically an off-road only vehicle, but it really depends on the state. I know in SC you can register a couch if its got wheels...
                BEERTECH

Comment

Lots of bang for your buck, but it's still a Corvette made by GM.
                  -Brandon
                  '86 325es S50
                  '12 VW GTI Autobahn DSG
                  '03 540i M-Sport (sold)
                  '08 Jeep SRT-8 (sold)

For sale:
                  S50 TMS chip for Schricks

Comment

Originally posted by Beej '86 325es
                    I like all vettes but this car is in a league of its own. No other Corvette, not even the previous Z, compares to this car. z06 > any BMW.

Comment

The Vette is gorgeous, they really got a nice style with it. This is the first Vette that turns me on.

Originally posted by Rob
                      I've got the official pricing, its like $39xxx for NA version, ~$45xxx for the S/C
                      Still worthy, I want one pretty bad someday. Wear a helmet and drive it to work, helmet so you don't get bugs in your teeth.
                      Project Thread | Instagram | Phoenix, Arizona Events Thread

Comment

Originally posted by h0lmes
                        I like all vettes but this car is in a league of its own. No other Corvette, not even the previous Z, compares to this car. z06 > any BMW.
                        its still a mullet-mobile

Comment

Originally posted by BENdashdash
                          Yeah, I gotta go with BEN here. It is the dream car of millions of Midwestern 45 year old hoosiers...and that's what I don't like about it.
                          ;)
                          -Brandon
                          '86 325es S50
                          '12 VW GTI Autobahn DSG
                          '03 540i M-Sport (sold)
                          '08 Jeep SRT-8 (sold)

For sale:
                          S50 TMS chip for Schricks

Comment

Originally posted by BENdashdash
                            Yeah, because mullet-sporting rednecks can afford $70,000 Corvettes.

RISING EDGE

Let's drive fast and have fun.

Comment

didn't realize that vette's had a back seat or any refinement.

they are raw, fast and a good $/performance, but they are still made with cheap GM materials. I wouldn't mind one for racing but I'd probably never want to drive one daily.
                              Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Have any of you driven the C6?
                                The interiors in them are worlds ahead of the C5, not so plasticy.
                                Definately a place I would like to spend part of my day in.

Comment

Working...
                                X