your e30 is a gas GUZZZLER!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by J308 View Post
    I wonder what effect lightening has on fuel economy?
    probably brutal since Im sure your gas tank would explode :D
    Seat Shocks....I have passed the baton to John Christy from Ninestitch. Email John or Garrett at ninestitch1@gmail.com

https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...86#post4944786
    Alice the Time Capsule
    http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=360504
    87 Zinno Cabrio barn find 98k and still smells like a barn. Build thread http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/show...20#post3455220

Comment

15mpg city. No hwy, pointless in LA.

Comment

Right now I get 25/26 city with a fuel leak, and 34/35 highway with fuel leak. I'm thinking fixing the fuel leak will help quite a bit and I'm leaning towards a MarkD chip which is said to give about a 2mpg gain. Can't be happier after driving my 14mpg Trooper for two years.
        Different strokes for different folks.

Comment

I get 17-19 in normal daily driving and about 22/23 on the highway doing about 80. It's tough for me to get an accurate mpg estimate because I'm running larger diameter tires than stock.

Comment

on my m10, i was getting 33 mpg on the highway but was using megasquirt and had 4.10 peg leg.
            ?

Comment

Wait a damn minute...these cars have 5 gears? No wonder it gets such crappy mileage!

Closing SOON!
              "LAST CHANCE FOR G.A.S." DEAL IS ON NOW

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Thanks for 10 years of fun!

Comment

Originally posted by Kershaw View Post
                it doesnt matter how much your tank holds. you'll never actually put that in, your tank should never be completely dry. not even possible to suck all the gas out of the tank due to the swirl pot. when your car dies you still have gallon or 2 of gas in there. and some e30s have 16 gallon tanks and some 14.

so... you fill up, let the gas nozzle click off on its own and then drive for a week. you fill up again, let the gas nozzle click off and then take your miles and divide by gallons filled up. it could be 10 gallons you used, or 11. or even 5. w/e. that's how much gas you used.

dividing the miles driven by the maximum hold of your tank is just stupid.
                i thought we have a counter measure in our tank for the swirl spot. aka the fuel suction hose on late model cars and external fuel pump on early

Comment

in my eta i normally get 21 city and 26 highway. before i changed my thermostat i was only getting 18 or so in town. has anybody noticed a mpg increase after they have lowered their cars? i have talked to a few different (non e30) people who have said that they noticed a small gain with the cars now lower profile
                  sigpic
                  Justin Angelli
                  1985 325e Gazellenbiege

Comment

1989 325iX

with an auto I get 16 in town and 23 on the highway. I am at @ 5000' here in Reno. When I drive out to Sacramento the elevation really effects the power.
                    Better than my 97 F350 4x4 9mpg in town and 12 on the highway. The beamer is a sipper as far as I am concerned

Comment

Working...
                    X