My Pistons Let Me Show You them.

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • AndrewBird
    replied
    Originally posted by LJ851
    LOL at all the piston designers here on r3v!

    Seriously nice Rich, a no compromise set of hipo street pistons.

    The pistons are 3D CNC'd top and bottom for the optimal shape and lightness based on the required comp ratio and his vast engine building knowledge.

    Paul pisses away more high performance, radical engine building experience and expertise after his morning coffee than most will ever dream of knowing.
    I don't know if your post was directed at me, but my comment in no way was referring to the design of the piston, merely how it was machined. I run CNC mills at work and can tell how the pistons were made just by looking at them and the way they were done seemed odd. Either way, they will still be the same shape/design, it's just a matter of finish and machine time. There are several ways to skin a cat as they say.

    Leave a comment:


  • Bearmw
    replied
    I also got some of Paul's pistons/rings for my B35 and they were very reasonably priced for such quality.

    Leave a comment:


  • Raxe
    replied
    Very nice man! Sounds like a very reasonably price too.

    Leave a comment:


  • LJ851
    replied
    LOL at all the piston designers here on r3v!

    Seriously nice Rich, a no compromise set of hipo street pistons.

    The pistons are 3D CNC'd top and bottom for the optimal shape and lightness based on the required comp ratio and his vast engine building knowledge.

    Paul pisses away more high performance, radical engine building experience and expertise after his morning coffee than most will ever dream of knowing.

    Leave a comment:


  • Brian D
    replied
    Originally posted by delatlanta1281
    He has a ton of things going on, but he takes all the time in the world to talk to you about your build. He wants to talk to my machinist to make sure the block ist bored and cut correctly. The guy is nails.
    Paul's a hell of a guy, and he does everything he can to work with people to make things happen. I can't wait to see the results of your build, it sounds like we are on the same track, I'm just starting with a little bigger block!

    Leave a comment:


  • delatlanta1281
    replied
    Originally posted by tinkwithanr
    Wow, those look really nice. How much did they run if you don't mind me asking?
    they compare to most pistons on the market. About middle of the road pricing. not 800, not a grand.

    Leave a comment:


  • Herr Faust Schinken
    replied
    I'm jelly those pistons are like jewelry

    Leave a comment:


  • tinkwithanr
    replied
    Wow, those look really nice. How much did they run if you don't mind me asking?

    Leave a comment:


  • delatlanta1281
    replied
    I can say this, he called me Thursday with the news they were done and was very excited/ proud of what he had cfreated. When I got them today I called him to thank him and he asked how I liked them. I told him I was pleased and he then explaind the skirts. Why they were shaped the way they were, and why it mattered to him to do so. He has a ton of things going on, but he takes all the time in the world to talk to you about your build. He wants to talk to my machinist to make sure the block ist bored and cut correctly. The guy is nails.
    Also, these didn't come wth rings. They are being made as we speak. They will be here next Monday.

    Leave a comment:


  • MattAvino
    replied
    I'm secreting so many hormones right now....

    Leave a comment:


  • bmwstudent
    replied
    ahh release, thank you. load blown

    Leave a comment:


  • delatlanta1281
    replied
    His 3-d machining process is pretty cool, he may be able to make you some whiskey glasses.

    Leave a comment:


  • Fusion
    replied
    I would seriously buy those just to have on the table and drink whiskey out of.

    Leave a comment:


  • Holland
    replied
    Regardless, I like where this is going.

    Leave a comment:


  • delatlanta1281
    replied
    I want to say it was the machine process he uses, but I can't remember, it was 3 months and many conversations ago.
    Last edited by delatlanta1281; 06-11-2012, 03:14 PM.

    Leave a comment:

Working...