This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rsully70sev View Post
    Sounds like this could bite him in the ass.
    Sadly, yes. Someone will try to be an internet hero and report this to the US DOT and the guy who bought it from the shop in T.O that built it will get in some serious shit if my assumptions are correct. The US DOT just loves to confiscate and destroy automobiles that have been imported and resold multiple times as well.

I agree that Vlad will have some sort of reckoning just from the one time I met him I could tell he was a huge douche, but this is not the way.
    For all things 24v, check out Markert Motorworks!
    Originally posted by mbonanni
    I hate modded emtree, I hate modded cawrz, I hate jdm, I hate swag, I hate stanceyolokids, I hate bags (on cars), I hate stuff that is slowz, I hate tires.

I am a pursit now.

Comment

Originally posted by Roysneon View Post
      Sadly, yes. Someone will try to be an internet hero and report this to the US DOT and the guy who bought it from the shop in T.O that built it will get in some serious shit if my assumptions are correct. The US DOT just loves to confiscate and destroy automobiles that have been imported and resold multiple times as well.

I agree that Vlad will have some sort of reckoning just from the one time I met him I could tell he was a huge douche, but this is not the way.
      Do you know whether the car had the USA sedan VIN while in Canada? Or could the VIN have been swapped after it entered the USA, thereby not endangering the shop in T.O.? I assumed the VIN had been swapped while in the USA but you know what they say about assumption.s
      sigpic

2003 BMW 540i/6 M Sport
      1997 M3 (sold)
      1989 320i Touring (sold)
      1990 325i (sold)
      1991 535i/5 (sold)
      1986 325es (sold)

http://etasport.tripod.com
      http://s1353.photobucket.com/user/bm...library/Public

Comment

of course it was swapped in the u.s., there was no reason to do that in Canada. plus if you look at the records, the 318 (vin) was in the u.s. all the time.

this doesn't look so good.............................................. ...

Comment

fuck vlad, i've read enough bad things about him to know better than to ever buy anything he was associated with.

he fucked up yans car and wouldn't admit to it, even though there were about 1000 witnesses that say it was fucked up at the show he took the car to. he didn't even have permission to drive the car, let alone take it to a show.

So, "fraud" and "unauthorized use of a motor vehicle" from the yan incident, now this car with the illegal vin swap. this guy is gonna get burned soon, cant wait to see it.
          Originally posted by BillBrasky
          That's like Vlad challenging Chip Foose to a car painting contest.
          Originally posted by acolella76
          i'm pretty sure 'Phillis' is short for syphilis
          2007 CVPI, stock and slow
          1994 tercel, 5efhe swap, i/h/e
          1984 t-type, 5.3/th350 swap in progress

My newest addition:
          Rebecca Arlene, born 4/19/2013

Comment

Originally posted by mikeedler View Post
            of course it was swapped in the u.s., there was no reason to do that in Canada. plus if you look at the records, the 318 (vin) was in the u.s. all the time.

this doesn't look so good.............................................. ...
            Yeah, as CanuckGreg posted to the BaT listing, this appears to be the same car with a different VIN

Model: 318iT
            Chassis: WBAAG71040ED74525
            sigpic

2003 BMW 540i/6 M Sport
            1997 M3 (sold)
            1989 320i Touring (sold)
            1990 325i (sold)
            1991 535i/5 (sold)
            1986 325es (sold)

Comment

So getting vlad in trouble in the dot is fucking intense.

Comment

Originally posted by 5Toes View Post
                So getting vlad in trouble in the dot is fucking intense.
                Not sure what you mean, but I find this and the BaT discussion interesting.
                sigpic

2003 BMW 540i/6 M Sport
                1997 M3 (sold)
                1989 320i Touring (sold)
                1990 325i (sold)
                1991 535i/5 (sold)
                1986 325es (sold)

Comment

He means that Vlad is commercially trying to sell a car with swapped vins. As a commercial seller it is there resp. to represent the car and sell it legally. Vlad is not doing so, and if he has the title, it will say what kind of car it is. Therefore, Vlad is knowingly selling an illegally registered car. If I know the DOT, they will snatch this up and crush it. And Vlad will have lost all money and time invested. Plus a bad ass motor. If I were him, I would pull the listing and cut the car up, or re-register it as a limited use car.
                  EDIT
                  Why wouldn't he just pull the vin off the m3 chassis he cut up and say he modded it with a donor wagon? That might have been more legit..
                  Last edited by delatlanta1281; 06-27-2012, 11:48 AM.
                  Yours truly,
                  Rich
                  sigpic
                  Originally posted by Rigmaster
                  you kids get off my lawn.....

Comment

I hope this bites him in the fucking ass.
                    1986 Plymouth Horizon. Base.

Comment

91 318i 4 door is perfect because the wagon is a 91, has 4 doors (+1) and could have been a 318. If he sells the car and gets his money, it may not come back to him by the time anything serious happens.
                      "I'd probably take the E30 M3 in this case just because I love that little car, and how tanky that inline 6 is." - thecj

85 323i M TECH 1 S52 - ALPINEWEISS/SCHWARZE
                      88 M3 - LACHSSILBER/SCHWARZE
                      89 M3 - ALPINEWEISS II/M TECH CLOTH-ALCANTARA
                      91 M TECHNIC CABRIO TURBO - MACAOBLAU/M TECH CLOTH-LEATHER

Comment

I just wanna be a dead beat bidder so bad!

Or win it, "discover" the VIN thing, then bit his ass with it. All the while saving the engine.
                        1974.5 Jensen Healey : 2003 330i/5

Comment

Wow!!! That is a lot of $$$ 30k I bet he is making a good profit...
                          Follow my IG @bouchezphotography

Comment

And now it's a feature on Speedhunters. The enthusiast scene at large is going to find out about this now. The feature is already being blasted by several people who posted links to the story and Yan's thread on S14.net and here on R3V.

I hope Vlad has stock in KY...

Comment

Originally posted by reelizmpro View Post
                              91 318i 4 door is perfect because the wagon is a 91, has 4 doors (+1) and could have been a 318. If he sells the car and gets his money, it may not come back to him by the time anything serious happens.
                              If you search the vin at RealOEM it comes up specifically as a non touring model.

Comment

Originally posted by Janderson View Post

I hope Vlad has stock in KY...
                                Why would Vlad have stock in Kentucky?
                                Yours truly,
                                Rich
                                sigpic
                                Originally posted by Rigmaster
                                you kids get off my lawn.....

Comment

Working...
                                X