Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BMW and Toyota to make joint sports car?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BMW and Toyota to make joint sports car?!

BMW, Toyota to Build Joint Sports Car

Granted, these are two companies that I respect... but for completely different reasons. And how am I supposed to carry around my douchey superior than thou ricer atitude if this happens? Damnit...
    -------------------------------------------------
    1989 - E30 - M20B25 - Manual. Approx 300,000+ miles - Track Rat & Weekend Fun
    2000 - E46 - M52TUB28 - Manual. Approx 130,000 miles - [not so] Daily Driver

sigpic

I'm looking for a Lachssilber Passenger Fender and Hood. PM if you have one or both to sell!

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooo
    88 325is Five Speed
    Lachssilber

Comment

Originally posted by Herr Faust Schinken View Post
      Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooo
      *FIXED*

jou ma se poes in 'n fishpaste jar.
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Transaction Feedback

Comment

BMW Group and Toyota Motor Corp. Agree to Further Strengthen Collaboration

Akio Toyoda, president of Toyota Motor Corp., met late last week with Norbert Reithofer, chairman of the board of management of BMW Group, at its headquarters in Munich, Germany, to announce the planned expansion of their existing cooperation initiated in December last year.

The two companies signed a memorandum of understanding (MoU) aimed at a long-term strategic collaboration in four fields:

—joint development of a fuel cell system
        —joint development of architecture and components for a future sports vehicle
        —collaboration on powertrain electrification
        —joint research and development on lightweight technologies

Also, Reithofer and Toyoda signed a joint statement to reconfirm their companies’ shared intention to strengthen the long-term, strategic collaboration between them.

Reithofer said, “We aim to further strengthen our competitive position in sustainable future technologies. We signed an MoU to this effect today. Toyota and the BMW Group share the same strategic vision of sustainable individual future mobility. Together, we have a great opportunity to continue leading our industry through this transformation.”

I'm unsure of the source - I got that in an email from a friend who works for Manheim.
        Originally posted by kronus
        would be in depending on tip slant and tube size

Comment

beginning of the end
          sigpic

Comment

This is mostly about sharing electric powered car tech. Doubtful any real enthusiast sports car will come out of this.
            Zinno '89 <24v swap in progress>

Comment

Sounds better than the F82 M3.
              1986 Plymouth Horizon. Base.

Comment

new car: BMW Prius ///M. Gets the same MPG as a 1987 325e, only it costs $60k, is ugly as fuck, and drives like a Camry.

woot!
                Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Most people don't realize that almost all car companies share with other ones. For the most part they are all tied together in one way or another.
                  Even your prestigious mercedes had a merger with chrysler around 10 years ago and they were using mercedes parts in chryslers.
                  Zinno '89 <24v swap in progress>

Comment

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)Be Afraid Of The Future

Comment

I'm just going to leave this here and hope BMW doesn't trade their soul in this merger.

1993 Laguna M50 "Helen"
                      1987 M20 325i "Ron Burgundy"
                      1987 M20 325e "Billy"

"He who shall be last shall be sideways and smiling." - Clarkson

Comment

BMW + FR-S/BR-Z = Fantastic.
                        1974.5 Jensen Healey : 2003 330i/5

Comment

Originally posted by slammin.e28guy View Post
                          BMW + FR-S/BR-Z = Fantastic.
                          ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)Be Afraid Of The Future

Comment

ITT: mad purists
                            2008 335i - n54b30
                            1991 318i - m52b28
                            1994 fzj80 - LAND CRUSHER

Comment

I bet it's going to be cheap and fwd because of this:

http://www.autonews.com/article/2010...G12/303219984/
                              '87 325is - Schwarz/Schwarz

Comment

Working...
                              X