Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can Canadian e30 pass US import regulations?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ksjdan View Post
    Wow looks fantastic Will. Looks better than many e46 m3s ive seen recently. It mustve been a long, yet fun drive all the way back to Napa. I used to live 20 minutes from Napa county. Beautiful place to live. :)
    It took me two days, I crossed the boarder about 0930 or so, was back on the road about 1000. Stopped at Boeing field to visit the SR71 (Actually the one remaining M21) got out of there about 4:30Pm, cracked the whip south some more. I topped of the fuel tank at the boarder (hello 94 octane at the pump) and made it to Vancouver Wash on about 3/4 of a tank. I continued to McMinnville Or to go see the Spruce goose and SR71 #971. I got out of the Evergreen Air and Space Museum about 1230 and flew low to Medford where I stopped for fuel again. It was about dusk, and then I went big for the final push home. I stopped for fuel again in Williams (just off I5 not too far from Thunderhill raceway, about 1.5 hrs north of here.) I didn't want to risk pushing it to Vacaville. I was back home by a little after 10 pm. It was the easiest 10 hr drive I've ever done. People say the M3 is a lousy freeway car, but I have to disagree, it was fantastic.

Will
    '59 Alfa Romeo 101.02 Giulietta Sprint
    '69 Alfa Romeo 105.51 1750 GTV (R.I.P)
    '69 Datsun 2000 roadster Vintage race car
    '88 BMW M3

Comment

with the canadian dollar so low, it's definitely worth looking into. I just brought a '91 318i over to the US from Toronto. showed up at the border, flashed the ownership, they filled out a couple forms and i was on my way. Whole process took about 40 minutes. now that its over 25 years old (july '90 build date) didn't have to worry about conformity for safety like i did with my B6 passat i brought over last year

Comment

Working...
      X