lol at the sun in the poor guy's eyes.
Car is a bit of a legend. Nice to see it being repaired, and cool to see Caswell chime in here. Whatever happened to Ron after that rally?
Came across a wrecked M3 last night
Collapse
X
-
-
Based on the other work coming out of that shop (and the gorgeous alpine E30 M3 in the showroom) it looks like it's in more than capable hands. Good to hear it'll be back racing again!Yeah that's my M3. Ran it in One Lap of America in 2004, Rally Tennessee 2009 (my first rally), and a handfull of wheel to wheel races when I got bored between rallies. Then I took it to Pikes Peak in 2011 and during qualifying Ron Erickson accidentally turned two pages at once sending us into Engineers Corner at warp speed - these things happen. I made plenty of mistakes that weekend as well. Anyway, the front right is in pretty bad shape but they are going to pull the car straight again. Then I'll refit a new cage/ front end and its going to gravel rally and places like WRC Mexico.
It was cool seeing the car in person. I was like....oh my! I read about that on the intarwebs!Leave a comment:
-
-
Yeah that's my M3. Ran it in One Lap of America in 2004, Rally Tennessee 2009 (my first rally), and a handfull of wheel to wheel races when I got bored between rallies. Then I took it to Pikes Peak in 2011 and during qualifying Ron Erickson accidentally turned two pages at once sending us into Engineers Corner at warp speed - these things happen. I made plenty of mistakes that weekend as well. Anyway, the front right is in pretty bad shape but they are going to pull the car straight again. Then I'll refit a new cage/ front end and its going to gravel rally and places like WRC Mexico.Leave a comment:
-
beat on the street is moments after that action shot was taken, the M3 drove off the road due to the blinding sun...Leave a comment:
-
Pretty sure ERICKSON had a part in that car also But just a guessLeave a comment:
-
-
Probably has plenty of black widows for the pocking. Get your coat hangers at the ready.Leave a comment:
-
That car belongs to Bill Caswell... that's about all I know of it.
Leave a comment:

Leave a comment: