Announcement

Collapse

POST YOUR THREAD IN THE CORRECT FORUM

The General Discussion forum is NOT a catch-all.

Please post your topic in the correct subforum.

Technical questions do not belong in General Discussion, neither do body kit or wheel fitment questions. If you don't know where to ask your question, post it in General Technical and we'll move it to the appropriate subforum if necessary.

This helps keep R3VLimited nice and organized so others can more easily find what they are looking for.

Thank you,
R3V Staff
See more
See less

should i do this trade...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• illest318i
    replied
    That 240 is really nice, but I'd rather keep the m3 for something more well worth it. You can't even find 240z parts often.

Leave a comment:

• Chachi
    replied
    yeah, im not going to do it. if the car were closer, i'd definitely go see/drive it.

its funny how rare they are versus an e36 m3, yet worth less. i've had some people sniffing around my m3 in the past few days so i think i'll hold out for a sale.

thanks for the advice!

Leave a comment:

• IRON-E
    replied
    I like the car but, if it's not a leisure/weekend vehicle, I wouldn't do it.

There's a cherry 72' 240z, original 66k miles here in cali., everything including the recaros/enkei 92s are mint and in working condition.
    The owner wants $15k for it but, I just don't see it.

Keep the e36 M, you got comfort, speed and a semi cool looking car.
    If it had a Viper motor swap, willwood bbk, reinforced frame, e30 sports seats and RSs.....then yes, you'd be a fool not to do it.

Leave a comment:

• dougie30
    replied
    E36 ms arent hard to find. A good condition 240z is very hard to find. Would do it in a heart beat

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 4

Leave a comment:

• ST1G
    replied
    ^ are you Obama?

Originally posted by RUFFLZ View Post
    wagons are cool.
    I've only driven 510 coupe/sedans tho.
    I have heard however, that you lose the toss-ability with the wagons from the weight out back.
    unmolested 510's are hard super fucking hard to find, especially with minimal rust.
    In terms of fetching $$ premiums, it goes; coupe>sedan>>>>>>>>>wagon
    I say, drive it and see how you like it, they're all pretty rad.
    I'm always looking out for that 1-owner, 80 year old fart owned 510 coupe ha
    Yeah, I'd take any 510. But still, a trade would be risky.

Leave a comment:

• makecopies
    replied
    I have driven lot of Zs old and new all the way up to the 370Z these cars are just as fun as a E30 just a different type of feedback from the road

Leave a comment:

• RUFFLZ
    replied
    Originally posted by ST1G View Post
    What if it were a 510 wagon? Cause that's what I was thinking about in my mind muthaucka.
    wagons are cool.
    I've only driven 510 coupe/sedans tho.
    I have heard however, that you lose the toss-ability with the wagons from the weight out back.
    unmolested 510's are hard super fucking hard to find, especially with minimal rust.
    In terms of fetching $$ premiums, it goes; coupe>sedan>>>>>>>>>wagon
    I say, drive it and see how you like it, they're all pretty rad.
    I'm always looking out for that 1-owner, 80 year old fart owned 510 coupe ha

Leave a comment:

• ST1G
    replied
    Originally posted by RUFFLZ
    you think you would?
    510's in comparable condition are worth twice the money of z's.
    I would do that shit hands mothafuckin down
    What if it were a 510 wagon? Cause that's what I was thinking about in my mind muthaucka.

Leave a comment:

• oliver.r
    replied
    Originally posted by makecopies View Post
    Do it! listen to this guy talk about the driving experience
    http://youtu.be/EO2y_-vpolA
    that car is a lot nicer.

I would only do it if he was buting like 2-3k on top for upgrades

Leave a comment:

• makecopies
    replied
    Do it! listen to this guy talk about the driving experience
    http://youtu.be/EO2y_-vpolA

Leave a comment:

• herbivor
    replied
    Originally posted by Hooffenstein HD View Post
    A stock 4AGE isn't all that fast but the AW11 is one of the most pure, go kart like chassis I have ever driven. Even in stock form it feels a hell of a lot more solid through turns than S13's, FC RX7's, E30's, AE86's, etc.

On topic; The Datsun looks pretty awesome, would sound great and be a blast to drive, but an E36 M3 is probably still better.
    This guy gets it. Mk1 MR2 FTW.

Leave a comment:

• 10Toes
    replied
    For an E36, yes.

Leave a comment:

• Chachi
    replied
    well itd be a trade plus maybe 2k? he said if he were to outright sell he'd put it at 8500. i dont want to do it, enjoy it a little, and be in the same spot trying to sell it for around the same. i'd rather keep the dakar if thats the case

Leave a comment:

• ST1G
    replied
    These and 510's are bad ass. If it was a 510 I think I would cause i'm a sucker for those. These are sweet too. This really is a hard choice. But I'm with Slammin. Trading cars just isn't worth it.

Leave a comment:

• Sirotto
    replied
    Yes do it. M3 are kinda run of the mill. I have one before anyone jumps my ass. The Z is a awesome car, kinda weird to drive at first but really rewarding as well.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X