Another Experience...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another Experience...

Not quite as impressive as stu's but i did just get out from behind the wheel of one of the more well-balanced cars i've ever driven....

The controversy over which is better: C5 or M3?

I used to say hands-down M3. I think i will still hold to that opinion, but after driving both the M3 and the C5, the Vette is just a beautiful piece of american machinery.

The 2003 has seen all the various suspension mods that makes the car a worlds difference from the previous models. It was VERY balanced, up to every move i made.

Before i get into details, we'll address the brakes. Impressive. They have to be, you get so fast so quickly in the vette, other traffic on the highway sneeks up on your front end REALLY fast. Faster than i'm used to. At those kinds of speeds, cars seem to get in the way really fast.

Best part about the C5? Dumping it into 3rd gear and watching cars just disappear.

Ever been in your e30, and blasted off from a just turned green light, and watch the guy next to you (who isn't racing) just disappear? SAME EXACT THING, only the Vette can do it at 80mph.

I loved it so much, i had to do it several times.

Pull up to a car, let em look...... rev match....... let em look......... BOOM!!!!!!! pedal to the floor, head buried into the headrests, fews seconds later your at double the speed limit in MICHIGAN (70mph), and WHOA!!! slow down.... the car that you could barely see 10 sec ago is so close you can read when their plate expires...

REPEAT when he pulls to the right.

Hit the off ramp to head back home, speed limit through the ramp: 35mph....... Double that..... add 5, lets see how the vette does. body roll? Ha! I was a bit nervous, but i was throwing the vette around a bit before hand so i knew it's limits to an extent.

It instills quite a bit of confidence, trac control works, but is unobtrusive.

But it leaves us with one question. M3 beater? I don't know. The M3 pulls like a raped ape out of second (at least in my buddies M3 with EVOSPORT software, race pipe Supersprint headers BB triflo).

Both are badass cars, one has 4 seats. Both are equally comfortable, the M3 being easier to get out of. C5 sounds great, the M3 WOULD if those heatshields would stop vibrating so much. It kills the sound of the M3. My buddies sounds like a ferarri, just unreal, but the V8 sound of the C5 is just as great.

Bottom Line: I'm a Bimmer lover, but a Vette is one car i will have to have. I was thoroughly impressed with every aspect of the car. The ZO6 has got to be the pinnacle of American sportscars, and a VERY formidable opponent.

C5:1
    M3:1

It's a tie folks.
    Nick

87 325 5MT
    02 IS300 5MT
Working...
X