E46 M3 brake trouble...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

E46 M3 brake trouble...

Okay, so I replaced the pads on my supervisors e46 m3. I figured it is a simple enough job that I can get done in my driveway and make a quick buck.

Upon completing the job, I pumped the brake pedal a few times till it was hard and started the car. I pressed the pedal a few more times, only to notice that there was a gurgling/bubbling sound coming from the firewall. I figured somehow I must have gotten air in the system because I opened the cap to the brake reservoir when compressing the calipers. So, today I performed a brake flush and cleared all the air out. Started the car and it's still making the same noise!

Upon closer inspection of the brake pedal where it goes into the master cylinder, there is a rubber boot. I'm assuming this boot seals the plunger where it enters the booster, correct me if I am wrong. It sounds like there is fluid in it that is causing that noise whenever I press the brakes. I was thinking maybe a failing MC?

I feel really bad that I worked on her car and now there's a problem with it that could be related to the job I performed. I'm sure one of you guys know much more about brake systems than I, so if anyone can give me some ideas as to why this happened, I would really appreciate it!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

FREE BITCOINS!! http://qoinpro.com/71690d1639966bfbf223bf16538cec21
    Originally posted by scabzzzz
    I stand up, pull my dick out, and asked my gf to give me some noggin... Well, she starts laughing at me and I freaked out and ran off and locked myself in a bedroom.
    1989 325i - Project/weekend driver
    2002 325i - DD
    2005 Suzuki SV650 - Toy
Working...
X