Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1988 BMW e30 M3 -- only 79,000 miles,, TRADE FOR LOTUS AND CASH (northern va)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1988 BMW e30 M3 -- only 79,000 miles,, TRADE FOR LOTUS AND CASH (northern va)

Not Affiliated, anyone have a spare Lotus laying around?

http://washingtondc.craigslist.org/d...537540584.html
    sigpic

'04 E46 M3 Vert

'91 E30 318IS

lol. I'm sure he'll hand it over for the right price....
    My 325iX DIY Threads:

Front Wheel Bearing Replacement

325iX Rear Subframe Bushings and MUCH more w/pics!

325iX Steering Rack Replacement, Suspension, & Oil Pan job w/pics!

Comment

Other than the S14, what do you really get in an E30 M3? It doesn't handle that much differently than an "i" or an "is" and let's be honest, the newer models handle better (e.g. E46) and even non-BMW cars like the WRX are miles ahead of that thing. I still think the I6 engines are better than any four cylinder BMW ever made except for maybe the really exotic ones, which are too expensive for mortals anyways.

Lotus, lol! And you think BMWs spend a lot of time in the shop?
      '90 zinno 325iS

Comment

Originally posted by goldenbb View Post
        Other than the S14, what do you really get in an E30 M3? It doesn't handle that much differently than an "i" or an "is" and let's be honest, the newer models handle better (e.g. E46) and even non-BMW cars like the WRX are miles ahead of that thing. I still think the I6 engines are better than any four cylinder BMW ever made except for maybe the really exotic ones, which are too expensive for mortals anyways.

This! I hate all the hype around the E30 M3 body panels and motor. So much better cars out there. I got an s2000 for cheaper than some E30 M3's with floor pan rust! Much more potential, more time driving vs at the shop.

H&R OE Sport Springs - Bilstein HD's - Kosei K1's ET27 - Toyo R888 - ZHP 5spd knob - BavAuto strut bar - DINAN Chip - E30 M3 Offset Bushings - Colgan bra - P-car daily

Comment

Originally posted by VAE30FTW View Post
          This! I hate all the hype around the E30 M3 body panels and motor. So much better cars out there. I got an s2000 for cheaper than some E30 M3's with floor pan rust! Much more potential, more time driving vs at the shop.
          I agree^^. Fuk all the E30 M3s and their owners. They and the enthusiast market think these slow boxy cars are worth a zillion dollars and the high production regular e30s, the faster & heavier newer Ms, and the modern compact sport cars are worth pennies.:hitler:
          88 M3
          85 190e-16v Euro
          86 ae86 Trueno Itb's
          63 Lotus 7 repl Turbo
          93 500E

Comment

Originally posted by 88Alpine View Post
            I agree^^. Fuk all the E30 M3s and their owners. They and the enthusiast market think these slow boxy cars are worth a zillion dollars and the high production regular e30s, the faster & heavier newer Ms, and the modern compact sport cars are worth pennies.:hitler:
            you guys wanna tell me what piece of shit car you own that was the #1 touring car in its class from 1988-1992??

thats right ! none!!

e30 m3 is the car of the 80s! PERIOD

Comment

^ yup!
              http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=316212

BMWCCA #398608
              IG @yagayo38

"The Best E30's were built with two camshafts four cylinders and sixteen valves!".

Comment

Originally posted by 88Alpine View Post
                fuck you too buddy

Comment

well...this thread sure went down hill fast lol
                  Seat Shocks....I have passed the baton to John Christy from Ninestitch. Email John or Garrett at ninestitch1@gmail.com

https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...86#post4944786
                  Alice the Time Capsule
                  http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=360504
                  87 Zinno Cabrio barn find 98k and still smells like a barn. Build thread http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/show...20#post3455220

Comment

Originally posted by e30mobber View Post
                    you guys wanna tell me what piece of shit car you own that was the #1 touring car in its class from 1988-1992??

thats right ! none!!

Originally posted by oliver.r View Post
                    fuck you too buddy
                    Trust me dudes, my grandfather's 1980 Ford Pinto can easily dance around your e30 M3s all day long

That being said, I would love to add a 2nd e30 M3 in the garage ;)
                    88 M3
                    85 190e-16v Euro
                    86 ae86 Trueno Itb's
                    63 Lotus 7 repl Turbo
                    93 500E

Comment

Yet, we are still driving old BMW's. This isn't about WRX's being better or newer cars...all of which are readily available with lowered values. Besides, I don't want to drive a car that I see everyday. What you get is the first M3, homologation special, 5 lug with big brakes, widebody, nice leather seats, a raw 80's race car turned street car, heritage, investment, etc. Sure you can build/buy a better 318/325...one can ALWAYS do that but the window of opportunity for owning the legendary M3 is closing with each passing day. It's about history and nostalgia...part of the reason why we drive E30's in the first place.

I do hear you though, at the end of the day, it's still an E30 and people are spending some BIG dollars on them. Just goes to show there is more to the car than just the car itself.
                      Last edited by reelizmpro; 06-25-2014, 04:20 PM.
                      "I'd probably take the E30 M3 in this case just because I love that little car, and how tanky that inline 6 is." - thecj

85 323i M TECH 1 S52 - ALPINEWEISS/SCHWARZE
                      88 M3 - LACHSSILBER/SCHWARZE
                      89 M3 - ALPINEWEISS II/M TECH CLOTH-ALCANTARA
                      91 M TECHNIC CABRIO TURBO - MACAOBLAU/M TECH CLOTH-LEATHER

Comment

Originally posted by reelizmpro View Post
                        yet, we are still driving old bmw's. This isn't about wrx's being better or newer cars...all of which are readily available with lowered values. Besides, i don't want to drive a car that i see everyday. What you get is the first m3, homologation special, 5 lug with big brakes, widebody, nice leather seats, a raw 80's race car turned street car, heritage, investment, etc. Sure you can build/buy a better 318/325...one can always do that but the window of opportunity for owning the legendary m3 is closing with each passing day. It's about history and nostalgia...part of the reason why we drive e30's in the first place.

I do hear you though, at the end of the day, it's still an e30 and people are spending some big dollars on them. Just goes to show there is more to the car than just the car itself.

:d:d:d

Comment

Originally posted by e30mobber View Post

thats right ! none!!

The Euro 190e 16v Cosworth is way more refined, better equipped and an overall 'nicer' drive. They can also be had for a quarter of the price.

However.... your still right :)

Comment

Originally posted by Technoman View Post
                            The Euro 190e 16v Cosworth is way more refined, better equipped and an overall 'nicer' drive. They can also be had for a quarter of the price.

However.... your still right :)
                            But the marketing that went in the Cosworth was garbage. Ask anyone what a 190e 16v Cosworth is and only dedicated euro enthusiasts will know. Granted the Cosworth is very much a better road car, the M3 has the prestige and marketing behind it that put(s) it ahead of the competitors. (I wouldn't hesitate to buy one if one ever came up for a decent price however :p)

Ask anyone and their mother.. Or dog even what an M3 is and you'll get a line of people with answers

Regardless: I own(ed) an M3; it's not MUCH better, but it's a huge ego-trip rolling down the street in a car that closer to less than 8000 people world-wide even own anymore. Or being in a car that when it came out, dominated the competition by, well, a pretty wide margin for its ENTIRE entry range. Or in a car that started the whole Motorsport department in one of the largest sport luxury car brands in the world. It's not about the car; it's the experience
                            Last edited by JinormusJ; 06-25-2014, 08:23 PM.

Comment

C'mon guy don't fight. You can buy it now for only $30K. Here is the link.

Comment

Working...
                              X