This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Agree

We are all a bit bias here because of the chassis but these cars might be a good investment. We've all seen the ridiculous prices for the VW air cooled 21 window buses and you talk about driving turtle!

Comment

Or the ridiculous prices Vanagon Syncros go for. I want one so badly. :( A good one is about as expensive as an e30 m3.
      AWD > RWD

Comment

Originally posted by Kershaw View Post
        Or the ridiculous prices Vanagon Syncros go for. I want one so badly. :( A good one is about as expensive as an e30 m3.
        irrelevant to this thread but i snort-laughed at your new sig pic. (then i farted in your general direction.)

just to keep things on topic, the baur that i bought from BaT has been surprisingly dead-reliable so far. it needs some attention, but mostly paint and electrical annoyances- it's in the fight.
        past:
        1989 325is (learner shitbox)
        1986 325e (turbo dorito)
        1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
        1985 323i baur
        current:
        1995 M3 (suspension, 17x9/255-40, borla)

Comment

I never got the appeal of VW buses. Seem like something chiropractors love because the drivers are always hunched over like ogres.

Slow, noisy and a heater system designed to suffocate you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          1991 325i MT2 Touring (JDM bro)
          2016 Ford Flex
          2011 Audi A3 - wife's other German car

Comment

Originally posted by djjerme View Post
            I never got the appeal of VW buses. Seem like something chiropractors love because the drivers are always hunched over like ogres.

Slow, noisy and a heater system designed to suffocate you.
            Loved my type 2 when I added a 911 engine back in the early 90's but I sold when I took it to Japan.

Like Va agonies but they require an engine swap to subaru or to Tdi powerplant imo. Westy or a Carat is the only one I'd own.
            https://www.facebook.com/BentOverRacing

Comment

Much respect for the Ford but IMHO the E30 M3 is such an iconic whip and I always wanted one In retrospect, I kinda lost my way and tried the e36 M3 and the sought after e46 ZCP Interlagos blue M3. Both incredible cars but I always felt that BMW was kinda drifting away from driving ideal of: the car, the driver and the road...period.

I remember back in 1992, I remember it clear as day, when I sat in my first e30 BMW. I thought “wow, just wow” this just feels right...the car just wrapped around me. Anyway, I digress.

I miss Ed. Oh and my new whip, the Verty 30, that I bought off BaT, is just awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by Echo30V View Post
                I miss Ed. Oh and my new whip, the Verty 30, that I bought off BaT, is just awesome.
                Which one did you buy? The white 1990?

edit: nevermind, reading your intro post now
                Last edited by 2mAn; 10-26-2017, 07:46 AM.
                Simon
                Current Cars:
                -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Yep, the white/blue 1990 325i Vert. Been wrenching it and enjoying the hell out of it.

Comment

Did you keep the Borbet Type C's? They are period correct wheels and with a drop the car would look wonderful H&R Race with Bilsteins or Konis would be perfect
                    Simon
                    Current Cars:

Comment

Yes, I still have the Borbet wheels but am thinking about selling them for some nice BBS weaves. I agree with the H&R race springs and Billys. On my list for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by Echo30V View Post
                        Yes, I still have the Borbet wheels but am thinking about selling them for some nice BBS weaves. I agree with the H&R race springs and Billys. On my list for sure.
                        get a hardtop, a front strut tower bar, and a lower front x-brace, before you do suspension.

it will make a world of difference in how that car handles.

congrats on the purchase.
                        past:
                        1989 325is (learner shitbox)
                        1986 325e (turbo dorito)
                        1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
                        1985 323i baur
                        current:
                        1995 M3 (suspension, 17x9/255-40, borla)

Comment

Thank you for continuing to update this. On the hunt for a nice 325is.

The Build:
                          http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=191125

Comment

Originally posted by decay View Post
                            get a hardtop, a front strut tower bar, and a lower front x-brace, before you do suspension.

it will make a world of difference in how that car handles.

congrats on the purchase.

$200 for a basically new x-brace
                            Simon
                            Current Cars:

Comment

I agree on the x brace. What about shock tower brace? Also, I'd lov to get a hard top but they are getting mad expensive. Keeping my eye out for one that needs some work.

Comment

X brace and strut tower brace.
                                the E30 Cab has the chassis rigidity of a Twizzler.
                                Anything we cab owners can do to stiffen up that rolling piece of automotive taffy helps.

I have both plus the above mentioned H&R springs and Bilsteins sitting on an E30 M3 suspension and it has so much cowl shake its crazy.
                                I really enjoy driving it, but getting out of that and getting in my M3 (or even my Ti) is eye opening what a bowl of jello that E30 Cab is.

The E30 Cabrio is a perfect example of when car companies designed a sedan / coupe,,, then just cut the roof off of it to make their Cabrio and started tacking reinforcements into it doing damage control,,, vs,,, say the Z3 which was designed as an open top car first (then when they did put a roof on it wow did they get a great car).
                                Last edited by JimmyP; 10-26-2017, 01:29 PM.
                                Jimmy P.
                                87 E30 M3 Prodrive British Touring Car
                                88 E30 M3 Zinnoberot - Garage Queen
                                88 E30 M3 Lachsilber - SCCA SPU #98
                                92 M Technic Cabrio - S14 Powered!
                                98 318Ti Morea Green
                                04 Ford F350 Dually Tow Machine

Comment

Working...
                                X