This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by djjerme View Post
    Someone should add a link to post #18 in that thread to BAT - so potential bidders know the type of person they are dealing with..

https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...2&postcount=18
    I'm sure someone outside of r3v will find it... if you google the username it leads you there.
    Build Thread: Ryan's Hennarot 318is
    COTM Aug 2019

Comment

maybe the seller has calmed down. let him sell it and move on with his Nurse Practitioner life haha
      Simon
      Current Cars:
      -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

How does one with an attitude like that think choosing Nurse as a career is a good call?

IG @turbovarg
        '91 318is, M20 turbo
        [CoTM: 4-18]
        '94 525iT slicktop, M50B30 + S362SX-E, 600WHP DD or bust
        - updated 1-26

Comment

Another white e30 M3 on the block

Bid for the chance to own a 1990 BMW M3 at auction with Bring a Trailer, the home of the best vintage and classic cars online. Lot #8,361.

Comment

Originally posted by varg View Post
            How does one with an attitude like that think choosing Nurse as a career is a good call?
            I guess because he is a better mechanic than 99% of us?
            sigpic
            Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

88 cabrio becoming alpina b6 3.5s transplanted s62
            92 Mtech 2 cabrio alpinweiss 770 code
            88 325ix coupe manual lachsilber/cardinal
            88 325ix coupe manual diamondschwartz/natur
            87 e30 m3 for parts lachsilber/cardinal(serial number 7)
            12 135i M sport cabrio grey/black

Comment

What sort of shape was that car in when Tony sold it? Was it really a roller? At ~$40k the car could be really fun but it would be a bit of a gamble on long-term value.
              COTM Aug 2019

Comment

The seller of the 89 says that:
                "a potentiometer has been added to the speedometer"
                What's this mod for?

Comment

Wrong Name

Tony's car was the S52 Baur.

Joey's is the S54

Here's the original for sale along with the $35k price roughly five years ago.

Man, I need to quick starting rumors! My apologizes to R3V members.

The vehicle traded hands a few times if you can trust what I am saying anymore.
                  Last edited by Javier h; 02-22-2018, 02:58 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Javier h View Post
                    Tony's car was the S52 Baur.

Joey's is the S54

Joey's car was running which is why he was asking 40K+
                    I don't understand why the current seller says he bought it as a roller that needed so much work. Oh well.
                    COTM Aug 2019

Comment

It traded hands. I believe the engine blew up with the next owner but I am not 100% certain.

The new seller did not buy this car from Joey. I am pretty sure of it.

Comment

Thats what usually happens after someone gives up their pride & joy. Someone buys its, beats it up and then sells it shortly after. Its rarely ever the same labor of love that the new owner continues when these types of cars change hands
                        Simon
                        Current Cars:
                        -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by Javier h View Post
                          It traded hands. I believe the engine blew up with the next owner but I am not 100% certain.

The new seller did not buy this car from Joey. I am pretty sure of it.
                          Yeah, it had at least 1 other owner in between Joey and the seller. I want to say 2 owners.
                          "I'd probably take the E30 M3 in this case just because I love that little car, and how tanky that inline 6 is." - thecj

85 323i M TECH 1 S52 - ALPINEWEISS/SCHWARZE
                          88 M3 - LACHSSILBER/SCHWARZE
                          89 M3 - ALPINEWEISS II/M TECH CLOTH-ALCANTARA
                          91 M TECHNIC CABRIO TURBO - MACAOBLAU/M TECH CLOTH-LEATHER

Comment

Originally posted by rjmcdermott81 View Post
                            I don't understand why the current seller says he bought it as a roller that needed so much work. Oh well.
                            I called him out on it as I rode around in it as a 2.5 s14 and when it was an s54. Both were fun and different animals. He should have his fact straight or say it has unknown history but a simple google of the plate shows years of the car....
                            https://www.facebook.com/BentOverRacing

Comment

Here is the latest FS I found from the guy who bought it from Joey: https://s14net.vbulletin.net/forum/s...-with-s54-swap

Joey's FS ad: https://s14net.vbulletin.net/forum/s...6-speed-tranny
                              Last edited by rjmcdermott81; 02-22-2018, 09:27 PM.
                              COTM Aug 2019

Comment

Got it - I'll delete the beginning of my post. I don't mean any harm but sorry I caused it. I guess I'm super curious about the car because I bought my s54/6-speed from Joey/Azevado and it was a total disaster. It seems crazy that it went from Joey to another guy, to you and still had all the problems you listed.
                                COTM Aug 2019

Comment

Working...
                                X