1988 BMW M3 - 67k miles

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1988-bmw-m3-47/
    The Snow Leopard - 1990 325is

Comment

damn that guy must be 3D printing these things

Comment

Originally posted by amg463 View Post
        damn that guy must be 3D printing these things
        They're really not that hard to find on the Japan auctions. I see similar mileage/conditions every week. This type of exposure on BaT is might (probably) drive the prices up on the Japan side.

Comment

Sexy Brilliantrot M-Tech2 vert is up now...
          I’d like to see this hit 15-20

Pretty sure it was offered here

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/19...i-cabriolet-2/
          Simon
          Current Car:
          -2003 Mini Cooper R50
          Previous Car Count : 24 ... and climbing...

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
            Sexy Brilliantrot M-Tech2 vert is up now...
            I’d like to see this hit 15-20

Pretty sure it was offered here

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/19...i-cabriolet-2/

So tempted to try to correct some of the wrong, ill-informed comments, but it'd be like a game of Whac-A-Mole.
            sigpic
            January 2012 COTM

Comment

Originally posted by robrez View Post
              So tempted to try to correct some of the wrong, ill-informed comments, but it'd be like a game of Whac-A-Mole.
              Yea, I got sucked into that...
              Simon
              Current Car:
              -2003 Mini Cooper R50

Comment

Hey guys , remember that insane price someone “paid” for a vert? Turns out they didn’t actually pay for it... I really think BaT needs to figure out a way to get the buyers to pay otherwise sellers have zero protection, BaT gets their fee and ultimately people will lose confidence in selling with them

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1988-bmw-325ic-7-2/
                Simon
                Current Car:
                -2003 Mini Cooper R50

Comment

Sweet

Always had a soft spot for that red MT2 vert. Really checks off all the bells and whistles. Unclear what that will fetch but I hope the seller makes a killing.

Comment

Hey guys , remember that insane price someone “paid” for a vert? Turns out they didn’t actually pay for it... I really think BaT needs to figure out a way to get the buyers to pay otherwise sellers have zero protection, BaT gets their fee and ultimately people will lose confidence in selling with them

Doesn't the buyer have to pay 5% of the final bid price? I would have thought that would be a big enough deterrent.

Comment

Originally posted by earthwormjim View Post
                      Doesn't the buyer have to pay 5% of the final bid price? I would have thought that would be a big enough deterrent.
                      Yup and apparently he did this on 3 cars so he lost thousands, but 3 sellers got nothing out of the deal except a bad experience
                      Simon
                      Current Car:
                      -2003 Mini Cooper R50

Comment

Buyers can file a chargeback with their Credit card company. more than likely he didn't pay a dollar to BAT.

Comment

Originally posted by amg463 View Post
                          Buyers can file a chargeback with their Credit card company. more than likely he didn't pay a dollar to BAT.
                          Im pretty sure they cover their own asses in their T&C when you place a bid that its non-refundable if you win an auction. They should have more protections in place for the sellers too
                          Simon
                          Current Car:
                          -2003 Mini Cooper R50

Comment

10/10 agreed. I have lost complete confidence with them and will share my story everywhere I can. What an absolute joke of a site.
                            Autobahn Motorsport - Portland, Oregon - restoration + service
                            @autobahnmotorsport
                            '88 M5 | '89 330is

Comment

Originally posted by Austin! View Post
                              10/10 agreed. I have lost complete confidence with them and will share my story everywhere I can. What an absolute joke of a site.

Do tell. Does it have to so with the e30 you sold?

1989 325is l 1984 euro 320i l 1970 2002 Racecar
                              1991 318i 4dr slick top

Euro spec 320i/Alpina B6 3.5 project(the never ending saga)
                              Vintage race car revival (2002 content)
                              Mtech 2 turbo restoration
                              Brilliantrot slick top "build"

Comment

This happens to a shocking # of cars on BaT. Good thing so many people pay attention to it as an indicator on market values.

I see it similar to the real estate market now, I sold my house recently and found that the "offer" price is really just a get your foot in the door price, and means little else aside from getting you a spot in line to buy. Seems to be the same for BaT except no one knows the outcome and the line is cut off as soon as the auction ends
                                - '88 m54 coupe

<3

Comment

Working...
                                X