This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Powling View Post
    I wonder - do you think people will start to notice that even though M3's are rare, they aren't that rare and they'll stop bidding the prices up so high? It definitely seems like the last 9-12 months M3 prices are dipping a bit and there is a new one up for sale, on BAT alone, every week it seems.
    The fact that the same cars are getting flipped over and over makes it seem like there are more than there really are. I've seen more owners come and go over the last 5 years than ever. They are like trading cards now and BAT is the perfect place for these guys to do it. The success of BAT IMO is based on the fact that people really are willing to dump almost $100k on cars sight unseen over the internet which is still crazy to me. There are cars bought elsewhere like facebook, autotrader, Craigslist, ebay that all seem to end up on BAT.
    Last edited by reelizmpro; 06-06-2018, 10:02 AM.
    "I'd probably take the E30 M3 in this case just because I love that little car, and how tanky that inline 6 is." - thecj

85 323i M TECH 1 S52 - ALPINEWEISS/SCHWARZE
    88 M3 - LACHSSILBER/SCHWARZE
    89 M3 - ALPINEWEISS II/M TECH CLOTH-ALCANTARA
    91 M TECHNIC CABRIO TURBO - MACAOBLAU/M TECH CLOTH-LEATHER

Comment

Originally posted by reelizmpro View Post
      The fact that the same cars are getting flipped over and over makes it seem like there are more than there really are. I've seen more owners come and go over the last 5 years than ever. They are like trading cards now and BAT is the perfect place for these guys to do it. The success of BAT IMO is based on the fact that people really are willing to dump almost $100k on cars sight unseen over the internet which is still crazy to me. There are cars bought elsewhere like facebook, autotrader, Craigslist, ebay that all seem to end up on BAT.
      Interesting. I didn't even think about if they are the same cars being flipped.
      Steve • Toronto
      1991 318is • Brillantrot
      Build Thread

Comment

Oh yeah, as a matter of fact, I know 3 of the previous owners of my white M3 by chance. The Sepang Bronze car I bought was owned by a least 3 members of this forum. Truth be told, after I get the bronze car where I want it and registered. I may sell it or the white M3 in a few years and then the cycle continues.
        "I'd probably take the E30 M3 in this case just because I love that little car, and how tanky that inline 6 is." - thecj

Comment

No Reserve 325iX Sedan. Good looking car, lets see how the BaT bids on it

Bid for the chance to own a No Reserve: 1991 BMW 325iX at auction with Bring a Trailer, the home of the best vintage and classic cars online. Lot #10,253.
          Simon
          Current Cars:
          -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
            No Reserve 325iX Sedan. Good looking car, lets see how the BaT bids on it

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1991-bmw-325ix-12/
            Was this for sale on here or Craigslist?

Comment

Originally posted by Rusty.Piranha View Post
              Was this for sale on here or Craigslist?
              I dont think so, its a pretty damn good looking IX, and E30 in general...
              Simon
              Current Cars:

Comment

So the M3 only fetched the mid 30s? What turned people off? Honestly, to me, its priced right.

Comment

Not fixing the small things, not detailing the engine bay, M3 badge is too low and missing altogether on the decklid, calling it black when it's diamantschwarz, Illinois car with wheel well rust repaired, etc. Perhaps some don't like the color combo or the M tech interior. To get top dollar all those little things can go a long way.

Comment

I need to feature another M3 for COTM... but I dont know anyone who still drives them. Barry, if you can think of one text me.
                    Simon
                    Current Cars:

Comment

I need to feature another M3 for COTM... but I dont know anyone who still drives them. Barry, if you can think of one text me.
                      If I ever finish mine you can do a double feature ;)
                      1990 Brilliantrot 325iS Build Thread
                      1989 Zinnoberrot M3 Build Thread

Comment

well, get to work then! lol
                        Simon
                        Current Cars:

Comment

well, get to work then! lol
                          Soon, I keep telling myself soon.
                          1990 Brilliantrot 325iS Build Thread
                          1989 Zinnoberrot M3 Build Thread

Comment

Have you featured Mariano's M3 yet?

Comment

No Reserve: 1985 BMW 318i 5-Speed

Bid for the chance to own a No Reserve: 1985 BMW 318i 5-Speed at auction with Bring a Trailer, the home of the best vintage and classic cars online. Lot #10,311.

Comment

Originally posted by Rusty.Piranha View Post
                                No Reserve: 1985 BMW 318i 5-Speed

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1985-bmw-318i-4/

Touring ends today, looks like its doing pretty well so far with a few hours to go

edit: Pretty shocked the Touring didnt sell with $13,500 bid on it
                                Last edited by 2mAn; 06-11-2018, 02:57 PM.
                                Simon
                                Current Cars:

Comment

Working...
                                X