Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Goes to show that who owned it can boost a car's prominence. It's nothing new so I'm not surprised. I don't know who Delia Wolfe is but apparently many do and were willing to pay more. A friend of mine bought his M3 in the early 90's from one of the founding members of BMW CCA/ACA or whatever and to this day he still refers to it as their old car. Vlad is another example, good or bad. Andre Agassi's M technic convertible and Corey Haim's E30 M3 are another two examples.
    "I'd probably take the E30 M3 in this case just because I love that little car, and how tanky that inline 6 is." - thecj

85 323i M TECH 1 S52 - ALPINEWEISS/SCHWARZE
    88 M3 - LACHSSILBER/SCHWARZE
    89 M3 - ALPINEWEISS II/M TECH CLOTH-ALCANTARA
    91 M TECHNIC CABRIO TURBO - MACAOBLAU/M TECH CLOTH-LEATHER

Comment

...any of the Paul Walker cars.

Should they be found.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      1991 325i MT2 Touring (JDM bro)
      2016 Ford Flex
      2011 Audi A3 - wife's other German car

Comment

Originally posted by reelizmpro View Post
        Goes to show that who owned it can boost a car's prominence. It's nothing new so I'm not surprised. I don't know who Delia Wolfe is but apparently many do and were willing to pay more. A friend of mine bought his M3 in the early 90's from one of the founding members of BMW CCA/ACA or whatever and to this day he still refers to it as their old car. Vlad is another example, good or bad. Andre Agassi's M technic convertible and Corey Haim's E30 M3 are another two examples.
        I had to google to see who she was, effectively a sub-D-list actress with one role in a short film to her credit. Her "fame" is nowhere near the level of a person like Andre Agassi or even Corey Haim. She's about as famous as someone who was interviewed by a local news station.

IG @turbovarg
        '91 318is, M20 turbo
        [CoTM: 4-18]
        '94 525iT slicktop, M50B30 + S362SX-E, 600WHP DD or bust
        - updated 3-17

Comment

That white 325is is hiding rust..

I’d be hesitant to pay top dollar.

But then again, what do we know..

2016 Ford Flex

Comment

Originally posted by djjerme View Post
            That white 325is is hiding rust..

I’d be hesitant to pay top dollar.

But then again, what do we know..

It's not hiding rust, it's just more extensive than meets the eye.

Kinda like a gopher hole. It's not hiding the tunnel, it's just that someone inexperienced might not know how bad it can get until they're out running in the yard and break an ankle and then that ankle gets infected after surgery and they die. So it goes.

@varg- she's famous because people think she knows a lot. She's famous like Satch Carlson is famous (except Mr. Carlson knows a lot about a lot). I think the level of personal attacks on her are kinda silly just because she's wrong about timing belt intervals and their importance. Thank god no one knows who I am- until I post a video on YouTube and link it to my BaT auction in a couple months and someone goes "holy shit that guy once posted about felching" or "shouldn't that guy be working?"
            1990 325i/4/5, 1992 240SX, 1995 RRC, 1998 M3/4/5

Comment

Hahaha
              Originally posted by kronus
              would be in depending on tip slant and tube size

Comment

I like the Gopher Hole analogy, hadn't heard that before.

:)
                2016 Ford Flex

Comment

I just don't give a shit about whoever he/she is, nor should they be getting this much air time.

In other news, my friend's really nice 2000c made it to the BAT stories page...

Learn more about 27K-Mile Neue Klasse Coupe: 40 Years-Owned 1967 BMW 2000C on Bring a Trailer, the home of the best vintage and classic cars online.
                  '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

Originally posted by SOneThreeCoupe View Post
                    Thank god no one knows who I am- until I post a video on YouTube and link it to my BaT auction in a couple months and someone goes "holy shit that guy once posted about felching" or "shouldn't that guy be working?"
                    Please elaborate on the highlighted part.....
                    @IRON-E30 aka Edwin:D

Comment

It's not hiding rust, it's just more extensive than meets the eye.

Kinda like a gopher hole. It's not hiding the tunnel, it's just that someone inexperienced might not know how bad it can get until they're out running in the yard and break an ankle and then that ankle gets infected after surgery and they die. So it goes.

@varg- she's famous because people think she knows a lot. She's famous like Satch Carlson is famous (except Mr. Carlson knows a lot about a lot). I think the level of personal attacks on her are kinda silly just because she's wrong about timing belt intervals and their importance. Thank god no one knows who I am- until I post a video on YouTube and link it to my BaT auction in a couple months and someone goes "holy shit that guy once posted about felching" or "shouldn't that guy be working?"
                      In the summer of 2001, I was going into my senior year of HS, and was on the hopeful hunt for an e30. My mom and I were driving back from the beach in NJ, when we passed by one with a FS sign on it. Pulled in and ran into the owner. Chatted about the car a little. I think it had about 70k on the odo. So he tells me that he rebuilt the head at 66k. Without hesitation I was like "the timing belt went didn't it?" He was like "How did you know?! I know it is recommended to change it at 60k but figured it would be ok for a few more miles." Good guy, super clean car, it was an E and an auto, and a bit too expensive for my 17 year old self so it wasn't the one. Point is though, at 17 with forums only being a thing for a year or two, if that, I knew the timing belt thing was the golden rule to e30 ownership. It sounds like she is quite opinionated on BAT, so the criticism sounds pretty fitting to me.
                      E30 Dinan Turbo

Comment

Originally posted by bimma360 View Post
                        It sounds like she is quite opinionated on BAT, so the criticism sounds pretty fitting to me.
                        16-year-old me had the timing belt replaced immediately after my first e30 purchase. I think it had been replaced in the mid-'90s and that was '02.

Criticism is fine.

Insulting her looks, not fine.

*tips fedora*
                        1990 325i/4/5, 1992 240SX, 1995 RRC, 1998 M3/4/5

Comment

16-year-old me had the timing belt replaced immediately after my first e30 purchase. I think it had been replaced in the mid-'90s and that was '02.

Criticism is fine.

Insulting her looks, not fine.

*tips fedora*
                          Steve • Toronto
                          1991 318is • Brillantrot
                          Build Thread

Comment

Anyway, moving along...1 day left on the Hartge and the auction is awfully quiet.
                            "I'd probably take the E30 M3 in this case just because I love that little car, and how tanky that inline 6 is." - thecj

85 323i M TECH 1 S52 - ALPINEWEISS/SCHWARZE
                            88 M3 - LACHSSILBER/SCHWARZE
                            89 M3 - ALPINEWEISS II/M TECH CLOTH-ALCANTARA
                            91 M TECHNIC CABRIO TURBO - MACAOBLAU/M TECH CLOTH-LEATHER

Comment

Hartge, Alpina, ACS...etc are hit or miss on there. Some can really pull in a huge amount, but I've seen plenty that never get the reserve or just don't pull expectations.

There was that e21 Hartge a few years back that I wish I could have bid more on.
                              2016 Ford Flex

Comment

The e30 market has become flaccid.
                                If it's got tits or tires, it's gonna cost ya!

Comment

Working...
                                X