Announcement

Collapse

POST YOUR THREAD IN THE CORRECT FORUM

The General Discussion forum is NOT a catch-all.

Please post your topic in the correct subforum.

Technical questions do not belong in General Discussion, neither do body kit or wheel fitment questions. If you don't know where to ask your question, post it in General Technical and we'll move it to the appropriate subforum if necessary.

This helps keep R3VLimited nice and organized so others can more easily find what they are looking for.

Thank you,
R3V Staff
See more
See less

Bring a Trailer Auctions, E30 edition

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
    :rofl:

thank you ;)

1988 325i Convertible
    https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1988-bmw-325i-12/

Bronzit fans assemble. low miles AND bottlecaps. they will blow their load on this one haha

BaT commenter - does it include the factory tires and wiper fluid?
    90 Bronzit 325is
    16 Black Sapphire 340i M Sport

Comment

The comments above seem spot on.

I lurked and lurked there for 9 months or so, finally buying a 318is recently. If the comments are used and placed in context they can be helpful as there are some knowledgeable folks there. I probably over-paid a bit relative to the car's value on this site, but I don't feel too badly about it.

I am an 80 series LandCruiser enthusiast as well, and the comments on forums for them that are analogous to this one (IH8Mud) are quite similar to those here. As an example, a 1994 is being dealt with rather harshly for what I suspect is superficial rust. I bet it is similar for most model-specific enthusiast sites.

Suppose it is all about using all the information sources you can find. :)

Bill

Comment

As an example, here’s a couple typical bat listings from pre-auction days:

https://bringatrailer.com/2014/11/13...83-b9-project/

https://bringatrailer.com/2008/05/05...bmw-alpina-b6/

https://bringatrailer.com/2009/05/12...985-alpina-b6/

They used to have the “guess what this is” section, and under 2k project section. They still have much of that but it’s not highlighted and usually cut off in the daily emails. To find the non auction postings you have to dig deep any more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        1984 Alpina B6 2.8/1 #35
        1991 325i MT2 Touring (JDM bro)
        1991 Racecar (Chase Schmidt's former drift car - M30)
        2006 BMW X3
        2011 Audi A3 - wife's other German car

Comment

1989 M3
          https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1989-bmw-m3-39/
          Attached Files
          Simon
          Current Cars:
          -1986 BMW 325e & 1968 Datsun Roadster 2000
          Previous Car Count : 21 ... and climbing...
          Originally posted by Melon
          Let it be known to all. Simon fucking keeps it real.

Comment

I am familiar with the seller of that new M3 up. He is pretty solid and goes through the cars throughly before he puts them up for sale.

Comment

OMG those wheels.

That's going to cost ya.

On a serious note - I always did have a thing for red heads.
              90 Bronzit 325is

Comment

Originally posted by laidback93 View Post
                OMG those wheels.

That's going to cost ya.
                Agreed. yuck...
                Autobahn Motorsport - Portland, Oregon
                @autobahnmotorsport
                '88 M5 | '88 325i | '88 325is | '88 330is | '91 325is | '91 M-Technic 325ic | '93 740il | '03 325it

Comment

Those wheels will get scorched on BAT! I may have to start the demise. . .

Comment

Originally posted by e30austin View Post
                    Agreed. yuck...
                    Originally posted by e30RS View Post
                    Those wheels will get scorched on BAT! I may have to start the demise. . .
                    those are functional wheels on a functional car. It is a modified M3 being sold by 1 of 4 dealers that seems to do no wrong, so I think it will be fine. It was in the mid 30s last I checked...
                    Simon
                    Current Cars:
                    -1986 BMW 325e & 1968 Datsun Roadster 2000
                    Previous Car Count : 21 ... and climbing...
                    Originally posted by Melon
                    Let it be known to all. Simon fucking keeps it real.

Comment

I think those are OZ superleggera's which were made popular by Tire Rack 15+ years ago. It's at $36K already, with 6 days left? Pretty strong out of the gate.
                      "I'd probably take the E30 M3 in this case just because I love that little car, and how tanky that inline 6 is." - thecj

85 323i M TECH 1 S52 - ALPINEWEISS/SCHWARZE
                      88 M3 - LACHSSILBER/SCHWARZE
                      89 M3 - ALPINEWEISS II/M TECH CLOTH-ALCANTARA
                      91 M TECHNIC CABRIO TURBO - MACAOBLAU/M TECH CLOTH-LEATHER

Comment

Predictable, the top comment is about the wheels. I don't mind them, between the wheels and tires and the other mods that car looks to have been modified for enjoyment instead of kept original so the resale value is higher and the next owner can autofellate at car shows over his all original nostalgia memento. I'm more interested in the Saratoga behind that M3 though. Not only more fun but a better power to weight ratio as well :nice:
                        @turbovarg
                        '91 318is, M20B25, T3/T04E 60 trim (15psi), megasquirt, coilovers, Z3 rack, cold AC
                        [b u i l d]
                        [Car of the month: April 2018]

0c8b7c9527af628a346878feb14bf757

Comment

Maybe I'm just so used to seeing those kind of wheels on E30's at the track, that they don't really bother me as much. I will say that dealer does bring some interesting cars to the block, and I have talked with him some outside of BAT. He's an enthusiast/car guy who does this on the side. There was one iX touring he had a while back I really liked..
                          1984 Alpina B6 2.8/1 #35
                          1991 325i MT2 Touring (JDM bro)
                          1991 Racecar (Chase Schmidt's former drift car - M30)
                          2006 BMW X3
                          2011 Audi A3 - wife's other German car

Comment

Originally posted by djjerme View Post
                            Maybe I'm just so used to seeing those kind of wheels on E30's at the track, that they don't really bother me as much. I will say that dealer does bring some interesting cars to the block, and I have talked with him some outside of BAT. He's an enthusiast/car guy who does this on the side. There was one iX touring he had a while back I really liked..

Glen Shelly has some amazing cars for sale. Always good stuff.

I have to say I’ve never been a fan of any OZ wheels. Maybe they’re too rally for me. Who knows.
                            90 Bronzit 325is

Comment

Any guesses on where that s54 car will land? 17.5 with 4 hours to go...
                              Build Thread: Ryan's Hennarot 318is
                              COTM Aug 2019

Comment

Ok I will play, under 23k. Not sure how bold a prediction that is since it is only 18k with 90 minutes left.

Comment

Working...
                                X