X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

baur failed..

is there even a crowd for those cars??

Yeah, it's rare, but the worst looking e30 IMO
    Current Collection: 1990 325is // 1987 325i Vert // 2003 525i 5spd // 1985 380SL // 1992 Ranger 5spd // 2005 Avalanche // 2024 Honda Grom SP

Comment

Originally posted by MrBurgundy View Post
      baur failed..

is there even a crowd for those cars??

Yeah, it's rare, but the worst looking e30 IMO
      It has to be a very very small crowd.

Not my cup of tea either, but someone has to like them.
      90 Bronzit 325is
      16 Black Sapphire 340i M Sport

Comment

Not based on the bidding they don't. hahah

Comment

That should've been enough for that Baur, too many weird issues for it to command much more than $5k. Should've taken the money
          Simon
          Current Cars:
          -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

I keep refreshing this thread hoping to see comments on this one:

Bid for the chance to own a S52-Powered Widebody 1988 BMW 325is at auction with Bring a Trailer, the home of the best vintage and classic cars online. Lot #19,772.

:)

Bill

Comment

Originally posted by Bill Brown View Post

Bid for the chance to own a S52-Powered Widebody 1988 BMW 325is at auction with Bring a Trailer, the home of the best vintage and classic cars online. Lot #19,772.

Bill

Not really my cup of tea, but that car pulls it off well.

Looks badass and well executed.
              1991 318iC
              1989 325i Field Rescue

Comment

I sent a link to my great-sense-of-humor brother in law and he dared me to post this:

“Amazing machine , no doubt! An obvious work of much love and skill!

That said, no thanks. Sure it’s got a clean title, but why?

Driving this centerfold on the street would be somewhat akin to wearing a speedo to a family-oriented water park! From the rear photos, even with the wide fenders, this speedo doesn’t even cover all the bits! But, even if your speedo covers enough to be legal, it’s just somehow offensive to flash all that Ferrari red and sparkly gold when there are children around!

That said, let me take it to the next vintage races and even I will strut around shamelessly all weekend , even between races, wearing nothing but my bright red speedo with gold necklace!”

Comment

275/40 rear Toyo Proxes R888 R tires

That car is well known. Really surprise the owner is selling it. Various youtube videos on that car. Interesting to see what it will go for. That's a different audience but equally fanatics. I like it. Has that vibe and the seller has some serious money invested. With the right two bidders, that car just might make some serious money.

Unclear if he's running cats. Why wont he open up the sunroof?
                  Last edited by Javier h; 06-06-2019, 10:44 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill Brown View Post

Bill
                    It looks well done but this is one of those cars that is only worth it to a very small amount of people who like that very same specific aesthetic. I am, however, not one of those people and cant wait for the tacked on fender trend to be over.
                    e30sport.net
                    '15 Porsche GT3 - 7-speed PDK - Daily Driver
                    '86 325es - s54b32tu - 6-speed - Mtech 1
                    '89 325is - m20b25 - 5-speed - Individual

Comment

Yes, I admire it on some level, but prefer more of a "wolf in sheep's clothing."

On the track, though......

Comment

this one either slipped through the cracks or nobody wanted to be the one to acknowledge its existence haha

says its running a 413 ECU

Bid for the chance to own a No Reserve: 1988 BMW 325i Convertible 5-Speed at auction with Bring a Trailer, the home of the best vintage and classic cars online. Lot #19,752.
                        Simon
                        Current Cars:
                        -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
                          this one either slipped through the cracks or nobody wanted to be the one to acknowledge its existence haha

says its running a 413 ECU

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1988-bmw-325ic-19/
                          lol @ the ECU #

Come on BaT
                          Current Collection: 1990 325is // 1987 325i Vert // 2003 525i 5spd // 1985 380SL // 1992 Ranger 5spd // 2005 Avalanche // 2024 Honda Grom SP

Comment

Originally posted by BeirBrennerE30 View Post
                            It looks well done but this is one of those cars that is only worth it to a very small amount of people who like that very same specific aesthetic. I am, however, not one of those people and cant wait for the tacked on fender trend to be over.
                            Continuing my theme today of being completely unfiltered in my interweb comments, I agree.

I can't stand tacked on fenders. Just not my thing.

That being said, I do admire what they've done.
                            90 Bronzit 325is
                            16 Black Sapphire 340i M Sport

Comment

Already over 10k, I think there is a market for that car it just is NOT gunna come from R3V. Personally, if you could get into that car cheap (near where it is now) it would be an absolute blast to drive.

Comment

Originally posted by BeirBrennerE30 View Post
                                100% agreed. That car is ruined in my eyes. Yuck.
                                '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

Working...
                                X