This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BeirBrennerE30 View Post
    It looks well done but this is one of those cars that is only worth it to a very small amount of people who like that very same specific aesthetic. I am, however, not one of those people and cant wait for the tacked on fender trend to be over.
    Couldn't agree more. Very well done (just look at how the rub strips and bumper strips are actually blended in to the flares. That's a lot of time and attention to detail) but still not my style.

Comment

I was trying to avoid being the curmudgeon that I always am and not posting on that car, but since you guys broke the ice.
      Yeah, not attractive.
      Not only is the car a patchwork of not attractive, but all the morons sayin "yeah man DTM",,, I would bet a stack of money that thing handles worse than a stock Camry.

I'd bet Vlad's Touring would handle better
      Jimmy P.
      87 E30 M3 Prodrive British Touring Car
      88 E30 M3 Zinnoberot - Garage Queen
      88 E30 M3 Lachsilber - SCCA SPU #98
      92 M Technic Cabrio - S14 Powered!
      98 318Ti Morea Green
      04 Ford F350 Dually Tow Machine

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyP View Post
        I was trying to avoid being the curmudgeon that I always am and not posting on that car, but since you guys broke the ice.
        Yeah, not attractive.
        Not only is the car a patchwork of not attractive, but all the morons sayin "yeah man DTM",,, I would bet a stack of money that thing handles worse than a stock Camry.

Agreed to all...
        '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyP View Post
          Yeah, not attractive.

I'm sure your right about this cars handling, Those wheels are over kill for this power level IMO. Iv'e seen first hand what "show car made for the track" will do to peoples heads.
          A guy I met in collage spent 11k on the car this article is about. He paid full asking for the craigslist ad when he saw the article. Of course it was 20k miles since the build and handled like garbage. I could go on and on, kid who owned it claimed it could beat stock FRS's on track etc... ya no.
          I'm betting this s52 is no different

91' 318is 90' 325is

Originally posted by Sonny
          Buy the E30s, they ain't gonna last long
          E30 can make you, E30 can break you
          "He who controls the Nova's, controls the Boomers"

Comment

I just got this issue of Bimmer Mag, and yah - the article and build process doesn't scream purpose built to me. It seems a little hodge podge. And honestly I'm surprised that they are selling considering the whole article is about how it's a father/son bonding experience to build it - and it was his dream car..etc.
            1991 325i MT2 Touring (JDM bro)
            2016 Ford Flex
            2011 Audi A3 - wife's other German car

Comment

I think its the same car (note the thread links):

Before:

After:

Comment

Wow, I love the before photo! What did they do?! The humanity.

Comment

Thats even more unfortunately to ruin what was originally a super clean car. I guess mine just got rarer.
                  e30sport.net
                  '15 Porsche GT3 - 7-speed PDK - Daily Driver
                  '86 325es - s54b32tu - 6-speed - Mtech 1
                  '89 325is - m20b25 - 5-speed - Individual

Comment

Originally posted by e30RS View Post
                    Wow, I love the before photo! What did they do?! The humanity.
                    Originally posted by BeirBrennerE30 View Post
                    Thats even more unfortunately to ruin what was originally a super clean car. I guess mine just got rarer.
                    +3
                    LOL that is pretty tragic. What a nice car ruined.

I think what I am really missing is all this supposed craftsmanship and attention to detail I keep reading about.
                    The guy slapped some corny flares on an otherwise nice E30, causing pretty much irreparable damage to the chassis, house flooring in the trunk with some aftermarket seats and some wheels that dont really fit, that I can see actual AIR under 1/2 the tire on the outsides of the tires.
                    Last edited by JimmyP; 06-07-2019, 11:25 AM.
                    Jimmy P.
                    87 E30 M3 Prodrive British Touring Car
                    88 E30 M3 Zinnoberot - Garage Queen
                    88 E30 M3 Lachsilber - SCCA SPU #98
                    92 M Technic Cabrio - S14 Powered!
                    98 318Ti Morea Green
                    04 Ford F350 Dually Tow Machine

Comment

Ooof. That hurts to see how beautiful it was before. What a shame.
                      90 Bronzit 325is
                      16 Black Sapphire 340i M Sport

Comment

Originally posted by laidback93 View Post
                        Continuing my theme today of being completely unfiltered in my interweb comments, I agree.

I can't stand tacked on fenders. Just not my thing.
                        Follows my theme to comment on it... they look like crap and they aren't shaped properly to follow the lines of the car right, I don't know how anyone thinks that kit looks good. There's no point in going wide with 275s if only 225 of them is touching the ground, another E30 ruined by the stance crowd, sad. Wouldn't mind racing him and showing him the error of his ways.
                        Last edited by varg; 06-08-2019, 06:35 AM.

IG @turbovarg
                        '91 318is, M20 turbo
                        [CoTM: 4-18]
                        '94 525iT slicktop, M50B30 + S362SX-E, 600WHP DD or bust
                        - updated 3-17

Comment

The biggest thing that gets me about that kit is the side trim. Where it meets the rest of the body looks awkward. That’s I think what makes it look really cheap. Bolt on wide body genders can look good (check out the Opel GT racecar in the newest Classic Motorsports) and my own racecar has the DTM Fiberwerkz kit on it, but you still have to respect the lines of the car. This kit just seems forced, like your forcing shapes/angles on the car that don’t match the original flow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                          1991 325i MT2 Touring (JDM bro)
                          2016 Ford Flex
                          2011 Audi A3 - wife's other German car

Comment

The forum has been a valuable resource for me on WHAT not to do to a clean E30. Too bad they did not get the memo.

Comment

This guy did all that work and his big stupid wheels dont even fit right...

FAIL
                              Current Collection: 1990 325is // 1987 325i Vert // 2003 525i 5spd // 1985 380SL // 1992 Ranger 5spd // 2005 Avalanche // 2024 Honda Grom SP

Comment

...this thread

If it's got tits or tires, it's gonna cost ya!

Comment

Working...
                                X