This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jpod999 View Post
    Is it the second swap this car has seen? The BAR sticker says its got a 3L from a 95 but the add says it's an S52.
    Probably BAR'd it as S50 for OBD1 status but used the S52 motor
    Simon
    Current Cars:
    -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by varg View Post
      It's not really a sleeper if you can't put the power down and go fast, and if my experience driving my car on some 14" weaves is any indication, it won't be putting that power down with those skinny all seasons :nice:
      I used to slide all over the place with my stock 14" weaves with skinny ass tires. That was just with the stock M20.

This takes it to another level. :devil:
      90 Bronzit 325is
      16 Black Sapphire 340i M Sport

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
        Probably BAR'd it as S50 for OBD1 status but used the S52 motor
        i've been thinking a fair bit about how easy that would be.
        past:
        1989 325is (learner shitbox)
        1986 325e (turbo dorito)
        1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
        1985 323i baur
        current:
        1995 M3 (suspension, 17x9/255-40, borla)

Comment

Originally posted by decay View Post
          i've been thinking a fair bit about how easy that would be.
          That's really rolling the dice. You get the right referee, they'll just look at your paperwork and pass it. You get the wrong guy and he'll want to see the block casting numbers and date codes.
          sigpic
          1987 - 325i Convertible Delphin Auto [SOLD], 325i Convertible Delphin Manual [SOLD]
          1989 - 325i Convertible Bronzit m30b35 swapped [SCRAPPED], 325i Sedan Alpine Auto[DD]
          1991 - 325i Coupe Laguna Manual [Project], 535i Sedan Alpine [SCRAPPED]

Comment

Man I hate this thread. Seeing all these e30s that have things wrong with them - usually mediocre repaint/body work, meh interior, half-ass/tasteless modifications, or even rust! - yet selling for good money just kills me. I'm not picking on any particular car, it just seems like every e30 I see on BaT has at least one or two things that would make me walk away, yet somehow they are worthy of being on BaT and pulling in near or above $10k. Only a few on BaT in all the listings I've seen have really caught my attention as being worth the investment. Perhaps I'm just too critical but it seems like most other cars on BaT are collector grade condition, whereas the e30s are not, to put it nicely. Maybe people just don't care about that when it comes to e30s and I need to calm down? Fuck, if I knew back in the early 2000s what I know now I'd have started collecting as many rust free e30s and as many choice parts as I could and would probably be sitting on a collection worth well over $100,000 by now. /pant
            My Feedback

Comment

BAT isnt only for collector grade cars, it was started about just the opposite.
              People sell some really questionable shit on there.
              Its all if BAT want your $99 at the time you submit the car and they see a potential for a nice cut of a percentage.
              Yeah people do sell some great cars on there, but there is an equal or greater amount of pretty Meh cars.
              Jimmy P.
              87 E30 M3 Prodrive British Touring Car
              88 E30 M3 Zinnoberot - Garage Queen
              88 E30 M3 Lachsilber - SCCA SPU #98
              92 M Technic Cabrio - S14 Powered!
              98 318Ti Morea Green
              04 Ford F350 Dually Tow Machine

Comment

It used to be more project cars. Hence the name. But now for every car that needs an actual trailer, they have 10 air cooled Porsche, 5 BMW, 2 practically new domestic something or rather and a couple British rando’s just to keep the Prince of Darkness at bay.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                1991 325i MT2 Touring (JDM bro)
                2016 Ford Flex
                2011 Audi A3 - wife's other German car

Comment

Bradley Price, founder of Autodromo, a vintage car inspired watch brand, had some really interesting BAT thoughts on Hodinkee's latest podcast. Basically saying that it has gotten too big, there are too many uber rich bidders who drop 20k before lunch on whatever catches their eye. Actual enthusiasts cant buy the cars that they love anymore, which might not be the case for e30s yet but it could get there...

Comment

Just checked out that podcast - completely agree with his assessment of BAT. His comments start about 45 minutes in to the podcast after he talks about the Dino he bought through Craigslist.

His main point is that people who actually really yearn for a car can't seem to compete against the rich MF who just buys it for a fad or to say they had one.
                    2016 Ford Flex

Comment

The key now is to NOT look for those on BaT... however there are other deals to be had on there from time to time. Just dont expect it to be that uber mint whatever. Ive gotten close to buying several cars there because it was a modified something that didnt have the right tires on it so the rich MFs didnt want to touch it.

Give me your modified bastard childs and I will make them great
                      Simon
                      Current Cars:
                      -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
                        The key now is to NOT look for those on BaT... however there are other deals to be had on there from time to time. Just dont expect it to be that uber mint whatever. Ive gotten close to buying several cars there because it was a modified something that didnt have the right tires on it so the rich MFs didnt want to touch it.

Give me your modified bastard childs and I will make them great
                        The correct take.

I've been seeing some decent e30 examples pop up on CL lately. Prices are inflated, sure. But it's not to the ridiculous levels of BaT, yet...
                        90 Bronzit 325is
                        16 Black Sapphire 340i M Sport

Comment

not BaT but a $30K 325ix with 327K miles!

www.instagram.com/snwmble
                          #snwmble

Current:
                          '05 BMW M3 - Silver Grey/Imola Red
                          '90 BMW 325iX - Sterling Silver/Houndstooth sport(5-speed converted)
                          '15 Mini Countryman - Blazing Red/Carbon Black

Past:
                          '01 Audi Allroad - Light Silver/Platinum Saber Black
                          '88 BMW 325iX - Diamond Schwarz/Silver sport *Sold*
                          '01.5 1.8TQ - Brilliant Black/Nogaro Alcantara ...after 8.5yrs, *Sold* =(
                          '90 BMW 325i - Schwarz/Tan sport *Sold*
                          '89 BMW 325ix - Diamond Schwarz/Black sport *Sold*

Comment

Originally posted by audiquattrot View Post
                            not BaT but a $30K 325ix with 327K miles!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1988-BMW-32...0AAOSw8mxc5LiO

That guys listing are, um, optimistic?

No pics of interior, or engine.

Look at his other listings, he’s got an ‘86 325 listed as a 2.5l yet no motor pics (again).

Regal T-type listed with again no interior or engine photos but the description is just shy of calling it a GN.

His inventory is just so random and all over the board pricing wise.

2016 Ford Flex

Comment

Originally posted by djjerme View Post
                              That guys listing are, um, optimistic?

No pics of interior, or engine.

Look at his other listings, he’s got an ‘86 325 listed as a 2.5l yet no motor pics (again).

Regal T-type listed with again no interior or engine photos but the description is just shy of calling it a GN.

His inventory is just so random and all over the board pricing wise.

if you scroll down on the listing you can see detailed pics of the interior etc.
                              www.instagram.com/snwmble
                              #snwmble

Current:
                              '05 BMW M3 - Silver Grey/Imola Red
                              '90 BMW 325iX - Sterling Silver/Houndstooth sport(5-speed converted)
                              '15 Mini Countryman - Blazing Red/Carbon Black

Past:
                              '01 Audi Allroad - Light Silver/Platinum Saber Black
                              '88 BMW 325iX - Diamond Schwarz/Silver sport *Sold*
                              '01.5 1.8TQ - Brilliant Black/Nogaro Alcantara ...after 8.5yrs, *Sold* =(
                              '90 BMW 325i - Schwarz/Tan sport *Sold*
                              '89 BMW 325ix - Diamond Schwarz/Black sport *Sold*

Comment

Alas, I see the available sources for affordable e30's evaporating. Although that hardtop engine swap vert sold for $6200 on Monday and that was a steal. So deals do exist,

Comment

Working...
                                X