X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CorvallisBMW View Post
    Ya, $32K is a jaw-dropper
    The car in that condition is worth 20k, however, that working convertible top is definitely worth the extra 12k!
    sigpic

Comment

That is ri-goddamn-diculous.
      '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

Originally posted by Mike36 View Post
        The car in that condition is worth 20k, however, that working convertible top is definitely worth the extra 12k!
        haha, until it breaks...and it will.
        "I'd probably take the E30 M3 in this case just because I love that little car, and how tanky that inline 6 is." - thecj

85 323i M TECH 1 S52 - ALPINEWEISS/SCHWARZE
        88 M3 - LACHSSILBER/SCHWARZE
        89 M3 - ALPINEWEISS II/M TECH CLOTH-ALCANTARA
        91 M TECHNIC CABRIO TURBO - MACAOBLAU/M TECH CLOTH-LEATHER

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
          I think the Touring was a great deal, will look 100x better with ANY silver wheels. Shame its a few more Gs to make it legal in CA. I would love to have a Touring one day, but that would likely have to wait until my wife says the E30 sedan is too small lol
          Yeah that seemed like a reasonable sale price.

I quite liked the wheels on it, a lot better than cookie cutter mesh style

IG @turbovarg
          '91 318is, M20 turbo
          [CoTM: 4-18]
          '94 525iT slicktop, M50B30 + S362SX-E, 600WHP DD or bust
          - updated 3-17

Comment

Touring was a fair deal. As for the vert - I mean, it's a vert. They built a ton of them.. Even taking the mileage in to account.
            1991 325i MT2 Touring (JDM bro)
            2016 Ford Flex
            2011 Audi A3 - wife's other German car

Comment

Bid for the chance to own a S52-Powered 1991 BMW 325i Convertible 5-Speed at auction with Bring a Trailer, the home of the best vintage and classic cars online. Lot #20,902.

1991 318is
              2004 330ci
              2011 335d

Comment

Nice! Though I’m sure BAT will tear apart the paint color, the wheels, the stance..etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                1991 325i MT2 Touring (JDM bro)
                2016 Ford Flex
                2011 Audi A3 - wife's other German car

Comment

Not that I should be, but I'm kind of disappointed that it doesn't have an s54 in it.
                  sigpic
                  1987 - 325i Convertible Delphin Auto [SOLD], 325i Convertible Delphin Manual [SOLD]
                  1989 - 325i Convertible Bronzit m30b35 swapped [SCRAPPED], 325i Sedan Alpine Auto[DD]
                  1991 - 325i Coupe Laguna Manual [Project], 535i Sedan Alpine [SCRAPPED]

Comment

Not a fan of the e46 style vents on the fender.

Instagram: Reichart12

Comment

Originally posted by e30austin View Post
                      That is ri-goddamn-diculous.

Haha....I thought the same....ole saying "Every seat finds and Ass"....eventually
                      http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=316212

BMWCCA #398608
                      IG @yagayo38

"The Best E30's were built with two camshafts four cylinders and sixteen valves!".

Comment

Originally posted by Reichart12 View Post
                        Not a fan of the e46 style vents on the fender.
                        I concur!
                        1991 318is
                        2004 330ci
                        2011 335d

Comment

That car has changed hands on this forum. Smoove? bought it from his boss or something like that and he then sold it, etc.
                          "I'd probably take the E30 M3 in this case just because I love that little car, and how tanky that inline 6 is." - thecj

85 323i M TECH 1 S52 - ALPINEWEISS/SCHWARZE
                          88 M3 - LACHSSILBER/SCHWARZE
                          89 M3 - ALPINEWEISS II/M TECH CLOTH-ALCANTARA
                          91 M TECHNIC CABRIO TURBO - MACAOBLAU/M TECH CLOTH-LEATHER

Comment

Originally posted by djjerme View Post
                            Nice! Though I’m sure BAT will tear apart the paint color, the wheels, the stance..etc.
                            Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                            Add me to that camp.
                            That car would be so much more desireable de-stanced, or de-fastandfurioused, or whatever the correct term is for the styling affliction it has.

Funny that it has a Z1 steering wheel though, when I bought my cabrio from Tim it also had a Z1 wheel. I still have it.

The guy who posted the 3rd comment,,, nailed it. Drop the mic and exit.
                            Jimmy P.
                            87 E30 M3 Prodrive British Touring Car
                            88 E30 M3 Zinnoberot - Garage Queen
                            88 E30 M3 Lachsilber - SCCA SPU #98
                            92 M Technic Cabrio - S14 Powered!
                            98 318Ti Morea Green
                            04 Ford F350 Dually Tow Machine

Comment

This is one case where the form over function and stancing doesn't bother me. It was never going to be a sharp, relatively lightweight driver's car like the coupes and sedans, it was crippled from the factory with extra weight and less rigidity. The convertibles are cruisers from the factory and don't have the driving experience appeal that regular E30s do, so to build it as a cruiser that is meant to go slow and look good is fine, nothing has been ruined because it was never going to be that great to drive from day 1. The car looks good, the color is great, I wouldn't have chosen those wheels and the M3 badge on the fender is straight cancer, but it has potential.

If you're going to stance an E30 stance a convertible, but for the love of god leave the coupes and sedans to people who like handling.

IG @turbovarg
                              '91 318is, M20 turbo
                              [CoTM: 4-18]
                              '94 525iT slicktop, M50B30 + S362SX-E, 600WHP DD or bust
                              - updated 3-17

Comment

x brace and strut bar is mandatory on a vert. Agree it will never perform like a coupe. It still rocks though - especially if you have a hot rodded coupe too :-)

Agree seller of that vert did not do themselves any favors on presentation. Leaving at least $6-8k on the table imho. BaT buyers are who they are - know your market
                                I BUY/SELL REFURBISHED CM5907s & CM5908s

HOWTOs:
                                DB vert plastic bumpers
                                OEM Keys
                                MTech1 docs

88 ix Lach/Card
                                91 ic Calypso 3.1
                                86 Cosmo 2.7

OEM+ or bust!

reelizmpro: I will always be an e30 guy.. I still do all of my own labor
                                TrentW: There's just something so right about a well-built M20 in an E30
                                e30m3s54turbo: I save my money for tuner parts.

Comment

Working...
                                X