This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
    The S52 vert is definitely low, and its claimed to be Ireland Engineering stuff. I dont think thats how low IE3 stuff sits, so I wonder what it actually has had modified on its suspension
    Vert's are the heaviest so race springs (IE3/H&R) will drop the car lower than they would a hardtop. In fact, I had to raise the rear by stacking spring pads in the back. I love the way mine sits now with the added rake and 17x8.5 wheels.

Just like H&R race springs were first made with the E30 M3 in mind...there are also cabrio specific springs. We just tend to forget since they all fit different models.
    "I'd probably take the E30 M3 in this case just because I love that little car, and how tanky that inline 6 is." - thecj

85 323i M TECH 1 S52 - ALPINEWEISS/SCHWARZE
    88 M3 - LACHSSILBER/SCHWARZE
    89 M3 - ALPINEWEISS II/M TECH CLOTH-ALCANTARA
    91 M TECHNIC CABRIO TURBO - MACAOBLAU/M TECH CLOTH-LEATHER

Comment

Convertibles are heavy so it'll sit lower on the same springs, and the S52 adds some weight to the front end. Plus the side skirts make it look lower than it is.
      Last edited by varg; 07-10-2019, 07:21 PM.
      @turbovarg
      '91 318is, M20B25, T3/T04E 60 trim (15psi), megasquirt, coilovers, Z3 rack, cold AC
      [b u i l d]
      [Car of the month: April 2018]

0c8b7c9527af628a346878feb14bf757

Comment

My brother just sent me this:

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1987-bmw-325ic-19/

An E30M3 Cabrio tribute with a stock M20 drivetrain.
        The car itself looks very nicely done.
        Thats a really beautiful blank canvas of enjoyment for a fraction of the cost of a real one.

There has been real money spent on that car, I bet that goes RNM.
        Jimmy P.
        87 E30 M3 Prodrive British Touring Car
        88 E30 M3 Zinnoberot - Garage Queen
        88 E30 M3 Lachsilber - SCCA SPU #98
        92 M Technic Cabrio - S14 Powered!
        98 318Ti Morea Green
        04 325i Touring Alpine
        04 Ford F350 Dually Tow Machine

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyP View Post
          My brother just sent me this:

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1987-bmw-325ic-19/

An E30M3 Cabrio tribute with a stock M20 drivetrain.
          The car itself looks very nicely done.
          Thats a really beautiful blank canvas of enjoyment for a fraction of the cost of a real one.

There has been real money spent on that car, I bet that goes RNM.
          Do you think that is Joeys M3 convertible? I think I remember that it was white and he sold the project off back in....2015?
          Build Thread: Ryan's Hennarot 318is
          COTM Aug 2019

Comment

It sold previously on BAT, and the guy who bought it is on S14.net (at least the FB version), and was acting like he did the majority of the work, but Iím not sure what exactly he changed or than maintenance..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            1984 Alpina B6 2.8/1 #35
            1991 325i MT2 Touring (JDM bro)
            1991 Racecar (Chase Schmidt's former drift car - M30)
            2006 BMW X3
            2011 Audi A3 - wife's other German car

Comment

The guys with the m3 tribute vert is on this site as well. Shortly after he brought the car he started a thread about adding more power.

Comment

Originally posted by e30austin View Post
                The peanut gallery is just that, a bunch of kids with no money or intent to buy. I hate FB so much...

I, for one, would never, ever turn away a full asking price offer - furthermore, I definitely wouldn't turn the offer away, only just to raise the price, a whole $500, on said individual..............what a headache over pocket change....... his loss!
                $7,200...man that's gotta hurt. It would be criminal but you could part that car out for so much more than that. Just the aftermarket goodies...
                MHW=$800
                Z1 wheel =$700
                E30 specific Dinan strut brace...never seen one for sale
                Smoked smiley =$700
                IE big brake kit =$700
                MTECH 2 Kit and bumpers= $2,500
                S52 Engine...you get the point.
                BAT not the place to sell a car like this...too bad he listens to the Facebook knuckleheads.

Comment

What was it listed for on FB ?
                  Simon
                  Current Cars:
                  -1986 BMW 325e & 1968 Datsun Roadster 2000
                  Previous Car Count : 21 ... and climbing...
                  Originally posted by Melon
                  Let it be known to all. Simon fucking keeps it real.

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
                    What was it listed for on FB ?
                    $10,500... I made a full price offer including 3% PayPal fees. It was an impulse buy for my wife. I sat with her in bed watching the auction and wondering if I should buy it for $7500 and we decided against it.

Comment

When he was trying to get me to enter into a bidding war with a local person who was expressing interest he told me that based on Facebook comments people thought the car was worth $4000 more than the asking price. I told him there was no way I was going to get into a building war and I re-offered my full price. He asked for an additional $500 a while later after the local person came by and told him they couldn’t buy the car right now.... I never responded....at that point I was relieved he had reopened negotiations and I could back out with a clear conscience. I had become ambivalent about the car after my offer and was happy to let it go.

Comment

Aaaaaand that's what happens when you get greedy and listen to people who shouldn't have any say in that deal.
                        Autobahn Motorsport - Portland, Oregon
                        @autobahnmotorsport
                        '88 M5 | '88 535i | '88 325i | '88 325is | '88 330is | '91 325is | '91 M-Technic 325ic | '93 740il | '03 530i

Comment

interesting nevertheless. was about to possibly buy the car last fall when the seller had posted wheels for sale and stated he was selling his car and what not. When I remembered he had a hardtop for it and wanted $10,500 in the fall. But yeah that hurts to listen to people and thinking you could get top dollar and lose your chance.

Comment

Originally posted by DELPHINtimecapsule View Post
                            $10,500...
                            Send this to that jerk:
                            @turbovarg
                            '91 318is, M20B25, T3/T04E 60 trim (15psi), megasquirt, coilovers, Z3 rack, cold AC
                            [b u i l d]
                            [Car of the month: April 2018]

0c8b7c9527af628a346878feb14bf757

Comment

Told ya - $6-8k left on the table. And a solid offer rejected before it went on BaT. Wow.
                              Painful lesson for the seller
                              I BUY/SELL REFURBISHED CM5907s & CM5908s

HOWTOs:
                              DB vert plastic bumpers
                              OEM Keys
                              MTech1 docs

88 ix Lach/Card
                              91 ic Calypso 3.1
                              86 Cosmo 2.7

OEM+ or bust!

reelizmpro: I will always be an e30 guy.. I still do all of my own labor
                              TrentW: There's just something so right about a well-built M20 in an E30
                              e30m3s54turbo: I save my money for tuner parts.

Comment

Hopefully the seller follows through with the sale, despite the bad taste in his mouth.

Comment

Working...
                                X