• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ugh that interior [emoji1785][emoji1785][emoji1785]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by justinpirie View Post
      Ugh that interior [emoji1785][emoji1785][emoji1785]

///M stripes only belong on little badges not splashed all over the damn car. Seeing the engine made me want to puke.
      90 Bronzit 325is
      16 Black Sapphire 340i M Sport

Comment

The fact that the stripes on the body are under a clear shield is disappointing... too many stripes
        Simon
        Current Cars:
        -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

It's been for sale here for a while. No takers at the low $30s, which is no surprise.
          '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

Originally posted by e30austin View Post
            It's been for sale here for a while. No takers at the low $30s, which is no surprise.
            Which is surprising given the Metric Mechanic running gear...

Comment

Nah not surprising. The people spending $50,000 on an E30 M3 aren't doing it because it's fun to drive or fast they're doing it because they want to say they have it and sell it when the prices increase further.

IG @turbovarg
              '91 318is, M20 turbo
              [CoTM: 4-18]
              '94 525iT slicktop, M50B30 + S362SX-E, 600WHP DD or bust
              - updated 1-26

Comment

Kind of a bummer situation on that car, the guy who owned it, thought it was cool and made some obviously questionable appearance choices and then passed away.
                Now his buddy is helping to sell it for his buddies widow, with all the questionable styling on it which will probably kill its value.

The poor widow probably doesnt want to spend a dollar on it to make it more sellable and I am assuming neither does the friend, but Im sure she is looking at what "others" have sold for thinking shes got a nest egg in the car.
                Ugly situation because its going to take some $$$ to undo all the $$$ that were spent to make it look so cheesy.
                Some tragic choices have been made on that car and without them its would be a winner.
                Jimmy P.
                87 E30 M3 Prodrive British Touring Car
                88 E30 M3 Zinnoberot - Garage Queen
                88 E30 M3 Lachsilber - SCCA SPU #98
                92 M Technic Cabrio - S14 Powered!
                98 318Ti Morea Green
                04 Ford F350 Dually Tow Machine

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyP View Post
                  Kind of a bummer situation on that car, the guy who owned it, thought it was cool and made some obviously questionable appearance choices and then passed away.
                  Now his buddy is helping to sell it for his buddies widow, with all the questionable styling on it which will probably kill its value.

The poor widow probably doesnt want to spend a dollar on it to make it more sellable and I am assuming neither does the friend, but Im sure she is looking at what "others" have sold for thinking shes got a nest egg in the car.
                  Ugly situation because its going to take some $$$ to undo all the $$$ that were spent to make it look so cheesy.
                  Some tragic choices have been made on that car and without them its would be a winner.

I'm the friend that is trying to sell the car. This post is pretty spot on accurate. The widow's health is now failing her too. She's on a waitlist to get into an assisted living center, so these proceeds will help make her comfortable.

We all understand that personal tastes always come into play when modifying a car. The interior actually looks pretty nice. Someone that even came to look at the car, said the same thing.

Now, the exterior...I'm not sure what Chuck was thinking there. In his files on the car, he has several color photos printed out with all kinds of graphic designs laid out over the top of the photos. This one was the least offensive.

Comment

Nicely done write up on BAT.

Hope it finds a new home!
                    1991 318iC
                    1989 325i Field Rescue

Comment

Originally posted by gareno View Post
                      I'm the friend that is trying to sell the car. This post is pretty spot on accurate. The widow's health is now failing her too. She's on a waitlist to get into an assisted living center, so these proceeds will help make her comfortable.

We all understand that personal tastes always come into play when modifying a car. The interior actually looks pretty nice. Someone that even came to look at the car, said the same thing.

Now, the exterior...I'm not sure what Chuck was thinking there. In his files on the car, he has several color photos printed out with all kinds of graphic designs laid out over the top of the photos. This one was the least offensive.
                      I wish you well with the sale. You are doing a good thing.
                      There certainly is value in the car with the refreshed drivetrain as I posted before on another forum and its a solid E30M3, getting people past the cosmetics / styling choices will be the harder part.
                      Really just hoping the right guy is in the room this week.

Would the whole car need to be sanded to get the vinyl off or just the front end?
                      Jimmy P.
                      87 E30 M3 Prodrive British Touring Car
                      88 E30 M3 Zinnoberot - Garage Queen
                      88 E30 M3 Lachsilber - SCCA SPU #98
                      92 M Technic Cabrio - S14 Powered!
                      98 318Ti Morea Green
                      04 Ford F350 Dually Tow Machine

Comment

All it takes is the right buyer who doesn't mind or who can correct the paint like a bodyshop guy or detailer. I remember thinking the same thing about few M3's that have sold in the past. They still sold but it takes time to find the right buyer.
                        "I'd probably take the E30 M3 in this case just because I love that little car, and how tanky that inline 6 is." - thecj

85 323i M TECH 1 S52 - ALPINEWEISS/SCHWARZE
                        88 M3 - LACHSSILBER/SCHWARZE
                        89 M3 - ALPINEWEISS II/M TECH CLOTH-ALCANTARA
                        91 M TECHNIC CABRIO TURBO - MACAOBLAU/M TECH CLOTH-LEATHER

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyP View Post
                          I wish you well with the sale. You are doing a good thing.
                          There certainly is value in the car with the refreshed drivetrain as I posted before on another forum and its a solid E30M3, getting people past the cosmetics / styling choices will be the harder part.
                          Really just hoping the right guy is in the room this week.

Would the whole car need to be sanded to get the vinyl off or just the front end?
                          Nothing needs sanded to remove the vinyl. The clear bra will peel off, so you can get to the strips and other stickers. The motorsport stripes are just a vinyl sticker, peel them off, and use some goo-gone and 3m adhesive remover to clean it up and you're done.

Now the risk with that...on a car that has been repainted previously(and honestly the only reason I didn't already do it) is that there is potential to pull some paint if the respray wasn't well prepped, and is well adhered to the base coat.

Comment

Nothing needs sanded to remove the vinyl. The clear bra will peel off, so you can get to the strips and other stickers. The motorsport stripes are just a vinyl sticker, peel them off, and use some goo-gone and 3m adhesive remover to clean it up and you're done.

Now the risk with that...on a car that has been repainted previously(and honestly the only reason I didn't already do it) is that there is potential to pull some paint if the respray wasn't well prepped, and is well adhered to the base coat.

You should clarify the clear bra will peel off. Typically they don't.

If the bra will peel off make note of that on BAT. I think most buyers will assume the car is going to need paintwork to remove the graphics.
                            1991 318iC
                            1989 325i Field Rescue

Comment

i don't actually find this car that distastefully done? maybe i'm desensitized by stance kids and veilside and rocket bunny body kits and etc.

i hope the buyer hits the dyno for us. i'd love to see what a metric mechanic 2.5 S14 puts down. why are we not discussing that engine, r3v? i kinda have a boner about it.

you're a solid dude for helping friends like this; good luck with the sale.
                              past:
                              1989 325is (learner shitbox)
                              1986 325e (turbo dorito)
                              1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
                              1985 323i baur
                              current:
                              1995 M3 (suspension, 17x9/255-40, borla)

Comment

Originally posted by decay View Post
                                i don't actually find this car that distastefully done? maybe i'm desensitized by stance kids and veilside and rocket bunny body kits and etc.

i hope the buyer hits the dyno for us. i'd love to see what a metric mechanic 2.5 S14 puts down. why are we not discussing that engine, r3v? i kinda have a boner about it.

you're a solid dude for helping friends like this; good luck with the sale.
                                There's two m3's with MM s14's on BAT. Who there thought that through.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
                                91' 318is 90' 325is

Originally posted by Sonny
                                Buy the E30s, they ain't gonna last long
                                E30 can make you, E30 can break you
                                "He who controls the Nova's, controls the Boomers"

Comment

Working...
                                X