Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Its a miracle that 320i passed smog in California. I wonder what they had to do.
    91' 318is 90' 325is

Originally posted by Sonny
    Buy the E30s, they ain't gonna last long
    E30 can make you, E30 can break you
    "He who controls the Nova's, controls the Boomers"

Comment

Got a little influx the last 24 hours

1990 M3
      Bid for the chance to own a 1990 BMW M3 at auction with Bring a Trailer, the home of the best vintage and classic cars online. Lot #22,587.

1987 325e
      Bid for the chance to own a No Reserve: 1987 BMW 325e 5-Speed at auction with Bring a Trailer, the home of the best vintage and classic cars online. Lot #22,593.

1989 S50 Swapped Convertible
      Bring a Trailer Auctions is the best place to buy and sell vintage and classic vehicles - Porsche, BMW, Land Rover, and more.
      Simon
      Current Cars:
      -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Wasn't this one on BaT recently? Looks familiar. https://bringatrailer.com/listing/19...25i-touring-8/

Not an E30, but an interesting S50 swapped car: https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1988-bmw-528e-10/ and considering the condition the current $5,600 bid is surprising.

IG @turbovarg
        '91 318is, M20 turbo
        [CoTM: 4-18]
        '94 525iT slicktop, M50B30 + S362SX-E, 600WHP DD or bust
        - updated 1-26

Comment

Originally posted by varg View Post
          Wasn't this one on BaT recently? Looks familiar. https://bringatrailer.com/listing/19...25i-touring-8/

Not an E30, but an interesting S50 swapped car: https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1988-bmw-528e-10/ and considering the condition the current $5,600 bid is surprising.
          Touring was on Craigslist for a fairly big number, never on BaT though...

I saw the E28, definitely a great deal
          Simon
          Current Cars:

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post

Touring was on Craigslist for a fairly big number, never on BaT though...

I saw the E28, definitely a great deal
            I don't know about a great deal, looks like that E28 has a rotten body shell, but it is compelling despite the flaws.

Comment

Originally posted by roguetoaster View Post

I don't know about a great deal, looks like that E28 has a rotten body shell, but it is compelling despite the flaws.
              Yea my first look at it, I thought it had euro bumpers but its not and its like the front trim alone and the rear might be a euro bump
              Simon
              Current Cars:

Comment

I was expressing surprise at how high the price was. This is BaT, a pretty rough common E28 eta shell with an "ok" interior and a pretty unremarkable drivetrain (S50B30US) seems like a recipe for a BaT snub, not $6,600. I guess he didn't quite get the sum of the parts out of the sale but it's still higher than I expected.
                Last edited by varg; 08-29-2019, 05:24 PM.

IG @turbovarg
                '91 318is, M20 turbo
                [CoTM: 4-18]
                '94 525iT slicktop, M50B30 + S362SX-E, 600WHP DD or bust
                - updated 1-26

Comment

ho-leeeee jee-sus! i have 12 o'clock wood

Bid for the chance to own a 1965 Ferrari 330 GTO Re-Creation at auction with Bring a Trailer, the home of the best vintage and classic cars online. Lot #22,483.

Attached Files
                  sigpic
                  Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

88 cabrio becoming alpina b6 3.5s transplanted s62
                  92 Mtech 2 cabrio alpinweiss 770 code
                  88 325ix coupe manual lachsilber/cardinal
                  88 325ix coupe manual diamondschwartz/natur
                  87 e30 m3 for parts lachsilber/cardinal(serial number 7)
                  12 135i M sport cabrio grey/black

Comment

So the Red Touring with the Turbo M20 is closing today. I think it was on craigslist for ~$40k?... I wonder if it will sell today, Im sure the reserve is around $20k
                    Simon
                    Current Cars:

Comment

Originally posted by flyboyx View Post
                      ho-leeeee jee-sus! i have 12 o'clock wood

Bid for the chance to own a 1965 Ferrari 330 GTO Re-Creation at auction with Bring a Trailer, the home of the best vintage and classic cars online. Lot #22,483.

OH YEA... basically like the real thing, wont be cheap but not the millions that the real one would be
                      Simon
                      Current Cars:

Comment

I think every vert that is listed we should just copy pasta the same “gorgeous example” comments we now see on every one. If you have nothing more to contribute than, “amazing example” or “perfect color combination”, don’t post. It’s like being at a GD art gallery sometimes, just a bunch of people trying to sound knowledgeable by just superficial commenting. Or else trying to get post counts up.

But what do expect in this day and age of Insta-Twit-book where everyone just wants a damn echo chamber of compliments.

1991 325i MT2 Touring (JDM bro)
                        2016 Ford Flex
                        2011 Audi A3 - wife's other German car

Comment

Originally posted by djjerme View Post
                          I think every vert that is listed we should just copy pasta the same “gorgeous example” comments we now see on every one. If you have nothing more to contribute than, “amazing example” or “perfect color combination”, don’t post. It’s like being at a GD art gallery sometimes, just a bunch of people trying to sound knowledgeable by just superficial commenting. Or else trying to get post counts up.

But what do expect in this day and age of Insta-Twit-book where everyone just wants a damn echo chamber of compliments.

I agree. Those ego stoking comments get really old.

In other news. Anyone scoping the E28 M5?

Bid for the chance to own a 1988 BMW M5 at auction with Bring a Trailer, the home of the best vintage and classic cars online. Lot #22,477.

I want one in my garage someday.
                          Attached Files
                          90 Bronzit 325is
                          16 Black Sapphire 340i M Sport

Comment

Just saw that and curious where it’ll end up. Haven’t looked over the photos to see it’s condition, but I wonder how much the mileage will affect value.
                            1991 325i MT2 Touring (JDM bro)
                            2016 Ford Flex
                            2011 Audi A3 - wife's other German car

Comment

Originally posted by djjerme View Post
                              Just saw that and curious where it’ll end up. Haven’t looked over the photos to see it’s condition, but I wonder how much the mileage will affect value.
                              Yeah the mileage worries me a bit. I don’t know the durability of the S38.

Still, I predict it will go over 20k.
                              90 Bronzit 325is
                              16 Black Sapphire 340i M Sport

Comment

Originally posted by laidback93 View Post

Yeah the mileage worries me a bit. I don’t know the durability of the S38.

Still, I predict it will go over 20k.
                                The S38 is a pretty robust engine. If you drive it the way it was meant to be driven, maintain it correctly and at proper service intervals, they will last 300k+, no problem. I think that goes for most BMW engines, though, parts for the S38 are not exactly cheap... when the turbo engine blew up in my M5, between sourcing a replacement long block and regasketing the engine from top to bottom (without taking the cyl head off or touching the timing components), and changing all the "while you're in there" parts, the job cost me right around $15k. Not fun, but I will likely not have to touch anything engine related for a very long time.
                                '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

Working...
                                X