Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's good to hear. I've seen a few BAT bought E30's come through my buddies shop post auction - and most winners were mostly happy with the car - but there was a few nitpicks about condition that weren't disclosed. But again, any time you are buying sight unseen, you're always opening yourself up to some risk.
    1991 325i MT2 Touring (JDM bro)
    2016 Ford Flex
    2011 Audi A3 - wife's other German car

Comment

Originally posted by djjerme View Post
      That's good to hear. I've seen a few BAT bought E30's come through my buddies shop post auction - and most winners were mostly happy with the car - but there was a few nitpicks about condition that weren't disclosed. But again, any time you are buying sight unseen, you're always opening yourself up to some risk.
      there were indeed some nits. the dealer was fair and thorough though. we came to an equitable agreement, and they got some good tips on things they should absolutely be proactive about when prepping and selling E30s.

btw, they have a very low mile 93 5 speed brillantrot / natur vert coming. that's a $19k+ car my guess.
      Last edited by bradnic; 09-16-2019, 03:35 PM.
      I BUY/SELL REFURBISHED CM5907s & CM5908s

HOWTOs:
      DB vert plastic bumpers
      OEM Keys
      MTech1 docs

88 ix Lach/Card
      91 ic Calypso 3.1
      86 Cosmo 2.7

OEM+ or bust!

reelizmpro: I will always be an e30 guy.. I still do all of my own labor
      TrentW: There's just something so right about a well-built M20 in an E30
      e30m3s54turbo: I save my money for tuner parts.

Comment

DWA is interviewing BaT Co-Founder and CEO today for their Thursday show (the one where they take questions from Instagram): https://www.instagram.com/p/B2hSa5Lg..._web_copy_link

OBDI M62B44/6 swap
        Transaction feedback
        - jpod999

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
          Guy claims he's a Foreign repair shop, but says the timing belt hasn't been done since 2009. Yah, that's not a shop I'd be taking my car to. I just laid in to him a bit about his laziness. Just do the damn belt, as a shop, other than labor, it cost maybe a couple hundred in parts/supplies. If it was my shop and my reputation, I'd be doing that sh*t before listing - which I have done on any car I have sold/flipped. Just sounds scummy.
          1991 325i MT2 Touring (JDM bro)
          2016 Ford Flex
          2011 Audi A3 - wife's other German car

Comment

Its really annoying when a timing belt doesnt get done, especially if you claim to be a shop. Of course that could just be a shop that buys cars at auctions and sells them later for a profit while doing absolutely nothing... sounds like this is the case
            Simon
            Current Cars:
            -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

1988 M3
              Bid for the chance to own a 1988 BMW M3 at auction with Bring a Trailer, the home of the best vintage and classic cars online. Lot #23,346.

Click image for larger version

Name:	1988_bmw_m3_.jpeg
Views:	758
Size:	72.3 KB
ID:	9871694
              Simon
              Current Cars:

Comment

Sigh. I will miss this, but my HPDE days are over, time with the wife is in store:
                https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1990-bmw-325i-55/ S54-Powered 1990 BMW 325i 6-Speed

Comment

Originally posted by R3Z3N View Post
                  Sigh. I will miss this, but my HPDE days are over, time with the wife is in store...

damn, it went live already!... good luck!
                  Simon
                  Current Cars:

Comment

^Thanks for the kind words on BaT. :-D

Comment

Wow! That thing is sweet!

I don't recall seeing a nice S54 swapped car sell. What are you thinking is a realistic price?

We've seen nice S52 swapped cars sell in the low $20k's. Another $5-10k for this?
                      1991 318iC
                      1989 325i Field Rescue

Comment

Last 24 hrs on the s54. I sure hope it has at least another 10k to climb.
                        Build Thread: Ryan's Hennarot 318is
                        COTM Aug 2019

Comment

Originally posted by rjmcdermott81 View Post
                          Last 24 hrs on the s54. I sure hope it has at least another 10k to climb.
                          I cant see the reserve being under $20k
                          Simon
                          Current Cars:

Comment

We shall see what happens. Either it sells, or I relist it elsewhere, or I BAR it and sell it or climate change kills us by 1:35pm Fri. It would be fun to BAR it. Just gotta add SAP and DMTL equipment and Rear O2 sensors (bungs are already installed). However if the ref is anal, they may not like the headers, but one can't use US headers on these swaps. GPeterson had to modify the CVN of the swap...and the ref might not like that the engine came from a Z4M.

Getting around smog in CA is stupid easy for these pre-odb1 cars.

Comment

You know it's slowed down when people only up the bid by the minimum :-D

Comment

Originally posted by R3Z3N View Post
                                You know it's slowed down when people only up the bid by the minimum :-D
                                It aint over until its over. Those last two minutes can be quite long.
                                Simon
                                Current Cars:

Comment

Working...
                                X