Announcement

Collapse

POST YOUR THREAD IN THE CORRECT FORUM

The General Discussion forum is NOT a catch-all.

Please post your topic in the correct subforum.

Technical questions do not belong in General Discussion, neither do body kit or wheel fitment questions. If you don't know where to ask your question, post it in General Technical and we'll move it to the appropriate subforum if necessary.

This helps keep R3VLimited nice and organized so others can more easily find what they are looking for.

Thank you,
R3V Staff
See more
See less

Bring a Trailer Auctions, E30 edition

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We shall see what happens. Either it sells, or I relist it elsewhere, or I BAR it and sell it or climate change kills us by 1:35pm Fri. It would be fun to BAR it. Just gotta add SAP and DMTL equipment and Rear O2 sensors (bungs are already installed). However if the ref is anal, they may not like the headers, but one can't use US headers on these swaps. GPeterson had to modify the CVN of the swap...and the ref might not like that the engine came from a Z4M.

Getting around smog in CA is stupid easy for these pre-odb1 cars.

Comment

You know it's slowed down when people only up the bid by the minimum :-D

Comment

Originally posted by R3Z3N View Post
        You know it's slowed down when people only up the bid by the minimum :-D
        It aint over until its over. Those last two minutes can be quite long.
        Simon
        Current Cars:
        -1986 BMW 325e & 1968 Datsun Roadster 2000
        Previous Car Count : 21 ... and climbing...
        Originally posted by Melon
        Let it be known to all. Simon fucking keeps it real.

Comment

I dig California’s efforts to curb pollution but the whole process for a classic car seems a bit over the top. They should just run an emissions test and be done with it...

In Texas they just look under there to see if there is anything that resembles a cat and you’re good to go.
          Build Thread: Ryan's Hennarot 318is
          COTM Aug 2019

Comment

Yea at the end of the day, if we're so gung-ho over our clean air, as long as it comes out the tailpipe and its clean then let it be... but sadly theres lots of money with the California Air Resources Board (CARB) is a big money maker and money makes the world go 'round. C.R.E.A.M.
            Simon
            Current Cars:

Comment

Man that took off at the end. 23k seems like a fair deal on both sides. Really well built and it will leave a little room for personalization in the paint and so forth.
              Build Thread: Ryan's Hennarot 318is
              COTM Aug 2019

Comment

• R3Z3N
                R3Z3N commented
                Editing a comment
                Thanks, it really did. I was with a Cx, and my phone went DING DING DING....just had to breath and remember my job pays bills, the car is still a loss leader. It sold for exactly what I was going to ask on the forums/CL should it not have sold on BaT.

I had one gentleman call me and state "Look Justin, we both know it won't hit reserve, so call me after the auction." We still chatted, I don't want to burn a bridge. Alas I am sure he is surprised .

As to the CARB/BAR? Seriously, just make a law that it has to emit x or less emissions. However the point is, if your car is "hacked" as the MSS54/HP is, then one can pass one moment, then run more aggressive tune the next and work around the emissions, or as I did turn some off. The law in this case IMO is written decently smartly, even if my opinion would be to be more lax and just set a tailpipe/dyno output max.

1987 325iS
              https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1987-bmw-325is-58/
              Click image for larger version

Name:	1987_bmw_325is.jpg
Views:	201
Size:	72.0 KB
ID:	9874355
              Simon
              Current Cars:

Comment

Love those Early 'is' cars. The tucked bumpers look odd though...

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
                Yea at the end of the day, if we're so gung-ho over our clean air, as long as it comes out the tailpipe and its clean then let it be... but sadly theres lots of money with the California Air Resources Board (CARB) is a big money maker and money makes the world go 'round. C.R.E.A.M.
                True. The nutso visual inspections and CARB approval stuff is what separates CA's emissions testing from meaningful pollution mitigation policy as a moneygrubbing politician's scam. If the legislation was truly about pollution it wouldn't matter one iota what's under the hood and what number or sticker or lack thereof is on some component as long as it passes the exhaust gas analysis test and has intact evap stuff.
                @turbovarg
                '91 318is, M20B25, T3/T04E 60 trim (15psi), megasquirt, coilovers, Z3 rack, cold AC
                [b u i l d]
                [Car of the month: April 2018]

0c8b7c9527af628a346878feb14bf757

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	1991_bmw_318is_.jpg
Views:	326
Size:	72.8 KB
ID:	9874500
                  Simon
                  Current Cars:

Comment

Simon, I don't see the red one above on BaT. 318is?

Comment

Originally posted by mike.bmw View Post
                      Simon, I don't see the red one above on BaT. 318is?

318is w/78k Miles.

http://bringatrailer.com/listing/1991-bmw-318is-51/
                      1991 318iC
                      1989 325i Field Rescue

Comment

Originally posted by Poorhouse View Post
                        Thanks! Looks like they didn't tag it as an E30 like they do the rest.

Comment

Originally posted by mike.bmw View Post

Thanks! Looks like they didn't tag it as an E30 like they do the rest.
                          Slicktop too!
                          1991 318is
                          2004 330ci
                          2011 335d

Comment

Originally posted by dmanb2b View Post

Slicktop too!
                            Meh, I’d rather have a sunroof on a street car tbh.

Comment

Yah, I agree. I like having the sunroof cracked when I drive. Especially in traffic, itís nice to have the windows up but the sunroof tilted. And even in a track or racecar, the lack of sunroof isnít costing you time. In a pure racecar, it makes zero difference since it gets removed anyways.. But hey, BAT loves the legend of slicktop 318isí and baby M3. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                              1984 Alpina B6 2.8/1 #35
                              1991 325i MT2 Touring (JDM bro)
                              1991 Racecar (Chase Schmidt's former drift car - M30)
                              2006 BMW X3
                              2011 Audi A3 - wife's other German car

Comment

Working...
                              X