X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by M-technik-3 View Post
    Rob Siegel aka the hack Mechanic's 87 325is 5 spd

It's listed at 8.5K on C-list https://boston.craigslist.org/bmw/cto/5994319283.html

Clean and complete car, odd he's selling it but he has enough toys
    I saw that in his bf.c FS thread Sunday. I hope he gets every penny!
    Originally posted by kronus
    would be in depending on tip slant and tube size

Comment

Originally posted by dubdub View Post
      Okay, what am I not seeing in the 318 that is on there now?

Bid for the chance to own a 1991 BMW 318is Coupe at auction with Bring a Trailer, the home of the best vintage and classic cars online. Lot #3,251.

196k, rust on bottom of doors, weird dent in rear trunk panel. Interior is clean, but has a dash crack. $4,500 with 6 bids and 2 days remaining? Is this really a $5k car now? Interesting. I think I am going to ratchet up my IX when I sell it in a few weeks.
      it is a slicktop 318is. Look at the other 318is's that have already sold on bat and they were all sunroof cars.
      Originally posted by blunttech
      Levent guzzles vanilla hazelnut creamer like its my semen
      :shock:

Comment

Meh.

I have a 4-door slicktop 318i shell that nobody wants, so I am cutting it up this weekend and sending it to the crusher. Unless you are building a racecar, there is no real benefit to a slicktop. And even then, we end up skinning the roof and welding the hole up.
        1991 325i MT2 Touring (JDM bro)
        2016 Ford Flex
        2011 Audi A3 - wife's other German car

Comment

Sunroofs are just a PITA. I'd rather have a slicktop. 40 lbs. on the roof is also not insignificant. Fits the ethos of the 318is better.
          1991 318is Brillantrot daily driver (slow restoration)

Comment

Originally posted by djjerme View Post
            Meh.

I have a 4-door slicktop 318i shell that nobody wants, so I am cutting it up this weekend and sending it to the crusher. Unless you are building a racecar, there is no real benefit to a slicktop. And even then, we end up skinning the roof and welding the hole up.
            Race car or you have red hair like my wife. AKA sun is brutal to her skin. If your just going to cut it up list it on the Spec or chump or aer or even lemons.
            https://www.facebook.com/BentOverRacing

Comment

Originally posted by dubdub View Post
              Okay, what am I not seeing in the 318 that is on there now?

Bid for the chance to own a 1991 BMW 318is Coupe at auction with Bring a Trailer, the home of the best vintage and classic cars online. Lot #3,251.

196k, rust on bottom of doors, weird dent in rear trunk panel. Interior is clean, but has a dash crack. $4,500 with 6 bids and 2 days remaining? Is this really a $5k car now? Interesting. I think I am going to ratchet up my IX when I sell it in a few weeks.
              7 years ago NO! now it's obvious that the market will support higher prices on cars that are in good shape. The dent is a no big deal, toss a dash cover on it and you will never see the crack. Or spend a few bucks and fix both.
              https://www.facebook.com/BentOverRacing

Comment

Originally posted by djjerme View Post
                Not an Auction, but still worth a nod for appearing on BAT:

Learn more about Rothmans/Prodrive Works Inspired: Impressive BMW M3 Rally Build on Bring a Trailer, the home of the best vintage and classic cars online.

Pic because it's just cool:

That's a good deal for 89k. Ready to go rally car with FIA papers? And with all up to date safety gear?

You would be hard pressed to build that for cheaper.
                My feedback:
                http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=186328

http://e30tech.com/forum/showthread.php?t=74911

Instagram:
                @gears_n_glory

@functionmotorsports

Comment

Originally posted by bataangpinoy View Post
                  That's a good deal for 89k. Ready to go rally car with FIA papers? And with all up to date safety gear?

You would be hard pressed to build that for cheaper.
                  IKR.. People in the comments are going back and forth about it being a tribute or a Prodrive build..blah blah blah. It's still an M3 and was built on a motorsports shell.

BAT has really just become a collectors trading pit anymore. Debating about the collect-ability or provenience of cars.. Miss the old days of them posting up strange/rare/cool cars and open comments.

Originally posted by M-technik-3 View Post
                  Race car or you have red hair like my wife. AKA sun is brutal to her skin. If your just going to cut it up list it on the Spec or chump or aer or even lemons.
                  Already tried to do that.

After a couple months of it going nowhere and the wife giving me shifty looks, it needs to leave my driveway now.
                  1991 325i MT2 Touring (JDM bro)
                  2016 Ford Flex
                  2011 Audi A3 - wife's other German car

Comment

Really pretty 1990 325is listed today.

Featured on BAT in 2014 from a CL ad for $13,500.

1991 318iC
                    1989 325i Field Rescue

Comment

Is that a stock color?
                      AWD > RWD

Comment

Originally posted by Poorhouse View Post
                        Really pretty 1990 325is listed today.

Featured on BAT in 2014 from a CL ad for $13,500.

Added it to the list, I'll take a closer look at the car during my linch break
                        Simon
                        Current Cars:
                        -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

looks like delphin grey.
                          sigpic
                          Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

88 cabrio becoming alpina b6 3.5s transplanted s62
                          92 Mtech 2 cabrio alpinweiss 770 code
                          88 325ix coupe manual lachsilber/cardinal
                          88 325ix coupe manual diamondschwartz/natur
                          87 e30 m3 for parts lachsilber/cardinal(serial number 7)
                          12 135i M sport cabrio grey/black

Comment

Originally posted by flyboyx View Post
                            looks like delphin grey.

1991 318iC
                            1989 325i Field Rescue

Comment

Delphin with black is my favorite e30 color. This would go perfect with my Delphin/black early model. But I'm that guy that doesn't like red and I hate white.

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
                                Added it to the list, I'll take a closer look at the car during my linch break

This car is of particular interest to me because I looked into it when it was for sale in 2014. I was debating an E36 M3 or late E30 325is.
                                I spent a lot of time on that decision and ultimately decided on the E36.
                                This car and a couple others selling for $10k plus was a determining factor.
                                I got a comparable E36 for 33% cheaper than this car sold for in 2014.

I don't regret that decision as the E36M is a great car. Buying the E30 convertible has given me pause though. The E30 has more character than the E36, which makes for a fun drive.

I guess I should be happy to have the best of both worlds now.
                                But seeing a car like this makes me want to make a bad car decision.
                                1991 318iC
                                1989 325i Field Rescue

Comment

Working...
                                X