Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bring a Trailer Auctions, E30 edition

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    was it a sedan or coupe?
    If it's got tits or tires, it's gonna cost ya!

    Comment


      ^
      You think they'd take an overall clean 318is with broken ODO, small dent in valance and cracked dash w/cover?
      The Snow Leopard - 1990 325is

      Comment


        Sedan.


        We ended up getting our reserve on eBay, so it went to a good home.

        Originally posted by Rusty.Piranha View Post
        ^
        You think they'd take an overall clean 318is with broken ODO, small dent in valance and cracked dash w/cover?

        I imagine they would.

        They used to be more about selling projects and diamonds in the rough (hence the name Bring A Trailer) - but now it's just another dealer site. Might as well be Beverly Hills Car Club. lol
        1984 Alpina B6 2.8/1 #35
        1991 325i MT2 Touring (JDM bro)
        1991 Racecar (Chase Schmidt's former drift car - M30)
        2006 BMW X3
        2011 Audi A3 - wife's other German car

        Comment


          Originally posted by djjerme View Post

          They used to be more about selling projects and diamonds in the rough (hence the name Bring A Trailer) - but now it's just another dealer site. Might as well be Beverly Hills Car Club. lol

          This is a little extreme, and I think it's a bit tongue in cheek.

          You've sold the car and got the money you wanted so try to get over it. They were a bit picky with me when I was considering listing my car and we didn't agree on the reserve so it never got listed.

          They have in fact changed but you can still find much better deals from better sources compared to BHCC. That's why they've never listed a car on BaT and are all over ebay
          Simon
          Current Car:
          -2003 Mini Cooper R50
          Previous Car Count : 24 ... and climbing...

          Make R3V Great Again -2020

          Comment


            Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
            This is a little extreme, and I think it's a bit tongue in cheek.

            You've sold the car and got the money you wanted so try to get over it. They were a bit picky with me when I was considering listing my car and we didn't agree on the reserve so it never got listed.

            They have in fact changed but you can still find much better deals from better sources compared to BHCC. That's why they've never listed a car on BaT and are all over ebay

            I know. I have gotten over it, and pretty much just give "eh, whatever.." response. But since someone brought up Bronzit - I figured I'd save them the trouble.

            Yeah - no one is as scummy as BHCC.

            Except maybe that guy trying to sell the wrecked S52 swap.
            1984 Alpina B6 2.8/1 #35
            1991 325i MT2 Touring (JDM bro)
            1991 Racecar (Chase Schmidt's former drift car - M30)
            2006 BMW X3
            2011 Audi A3 - wife's other German car

            Comment


              I'll probably jinx us but this might be the longest we've gone without an E30 on the block
              Simon
              Current Car:
              -2003 Mini Cooper R50
              Previous Car Count : 24 ... and climbing...

              Make R3V Great Again -2020

              Comment


                Any members on here buy a car from BAT?
                The Snow Leopard - 1990 325is

                Comment


                  Bring a Trailer Auctions, E30 edition

                  I think a few have sold cars. I can think of one person who bought one too. I think CarsonE30 (not 100% sure on the screen name) has done both
                  Simon
                  Current Car:
                  -2003 Mini Cooper R50
                  Previous Car Count : 24 ... and climbing...

                  Make R3V Great Again -2020

                  Comment


                    Clean tastefully modified 318is that was on Arizona Craigslist for a while at $8800 is now on BaT. They sure do love the 4 cylinder cars.
                    1991 318is Brillantrot daily driver (slow restoration)

                    Comment


                      Originally posted by c0rbin9 View Post
                      Clean tastefully modified 318is that was on Arizona Craigslist for a while at $8800 is now on BaT. They sure do love the 4 cylinder cars.
                      I was wondering if that one in particular would pop up on BaT
                      My previous build (currently E30-less)
                      http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=170390

                      A 2016 Toyota Tacoma TRD 4x4 Offroad in Inferno is my newest obsession

                      Comment


                        One of the newbs here was looking for one and I told him he needs to buy it ASAP. Now it will fetch a lot more than his asking price on Craigslist
                        Simon
                        Current Car:
                        -2003 Mini Cooper R50
                        Previous Car Count : 24 ... and climbing...

                        Make R3V Great Again -2020

                        Comment


                          ^ Yep, that car was a good deal at $8800. Seems kind of strange to say that about a TMU repaint 318is, but that seems to be the high-end market now.
                          1991 318is Brillantrot daily driver (slow restoration)

                          Comment


                            We have a Touring!...
                            Simon
                            Current Car:
                            -2003 Mini Cooper R50
                            Previous Car Count : 24 ... and climbing...

                            Make R3V Great Again -2020

                            Comment


                              Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
                              We have a Touring!...
                              Shame it has no AC

                              Comment


                                "Rust bubbles can also be found on the lower edge of the rear hatch"

                                That's the most important sentence.


                                Some others noted some what may be POR15 touch up on the rockers. With how many of these that are now on the market, this one is already sitting at the edge of overpriced.


                                Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                                1984 Alpina B6 2.8/1 #35
                                1991 325i MT2 Touring (JDM bro)
                                1991 Racecar (Chase Schmidt's former drift car - M30)
                                2006 BMW X3
                                2011 Audi A3 - wife's other German car

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X