The Grand Tour

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by N2MYE30 View Post
    I did, and did a double take...a small chuckle.

Im actually more excited to see the older episodes of TG season 2-18.
    Agreed.

I still have plenty of seasons of Top Gear to watch, so I balance out the Grand Tour with an episode of Top Gear every now and then.
    My previous build (currently E30-less)
    http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=170390

A 2016 Toyota Tacoma TRD 4x4 Offroad in Inferno is my newest obsession

Comment

Originally posted by Aleman View Post
      - Can't buy 3 cheap cars and have 'the producers' hand the hosts challenges throughout a 'tour'.
      I really hope that's not true. Those trips were my favorite part of the show, and I don't think they can carry a show with road trips and reviews of high end cars. I'm pretty take it or leave it on the other four bits you mentioned, although I feel like I'm the only person who didn't hate SIARPC. I found some of the guests to be interesting, even if I'd never heard of them.

Originally posted by Matt-B View Post
      ah ha! I have found a means to watch without prime.
      Oh? I snagged a prime membership when they had it for $80, so I'm good for the year, but I'm still curious.

Comment

Program called kodi. Download it, literally search for anything you want to watch. It all seems to appear to be HD, top quality.

Anything from movies, tv shows , radio, sitcoms, etc

Please leave feedback below, thanks

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=358170

Comment

Oh, yeah, already have it. Didn't know I could use it for that though. Mostly I use it to get files from my laptop to play on my TV. I'll look into it.

Comment

I was kinda hoping someone in the audience or May/Hammond would ask about the heel...

Originally posted by DEV0 E30 View Post
            but we could use some more Grand Touring, when the show is called Grand Tour. As long as they bring in more GTing, it'll even out I think. Rehashing of jokes not about cars over and over isn't a good precedent, hopefully that fades away.
            It took getting to Episode 3, but as I said, hopefully we got more Touring. It was good, but again it could do without some of the things that were time fillers.

Originally posted by Aleman View Post
            - Can't buy 3 cheap cars and have 'the producers' hand the hosts challenges throughout a 'tour'.

From the title of it, 'The Grand Tour', I was very hopeful that the new show would lose the audience and feature nothing but epic adventures around the world, such as the North Pole trip in the Toyota Hilux. Sadly, the 3 gents weren't thinking the same thing.
            As I stated before, I agree. And the specials were the best episodes from TG, hopefully they can still have challenges with three cheap cars. Without producers adding challenges?
            Project Thread | Instagram | Phoenix, Arizona Events Thread

Comment

Originally posted by Matt-B View Post
              Program called kodi. Download it, literally search for anything you want to watch. It all seems to appear to be HD, top quality.

Anything from movies, tv shows , radio, sitcoms, etc
              Second this, kodi changed my life.
              Current Collection: 1990 325is // 1987 325i Vert // 2003 525i 5spd // 1985 380SL // 1992 Ranger 5spd // 2005 Avalanche // 2024 Honda Grom SP

Comment

Okay, currently watching #4, feels like old TG. Much better, at least the first half, than the previous three episodes IMO.

Comment

I laughed for a solid 5 min at james may's brick car falling apart on his head.

1989 325is l 1984 euro 320i l 1970 2002 Racecar
                  1991 318i 4dr slick top

Euro spec 320i/Alpina B6 3.5 project(the never ending saga)
                  Vintage race car revival (2002 content)
                  Mtech 2 turbo restoration
                  Brilliantrot slick top "build"

Comment

This is good.

I see even the folks who manage to make every car sound and look good on the screen haven't managed to make the new M4 sound like anything other than flatulence echoing down a thin walled metal tube.

Also;
                    This competition here now between these two cars is like a boxing match between an actual boxer, and someone who thinks they're a boxer because they're wearing satin shorts.

IG @turbovarg
                    '91 318is, M20 turbo
                    [CoTM: 4-18]
                    '94 525iT slicktop, M50B30 + S362SX-E, 600WHP DD or bust
                    - updated 3-17

Comment

I think Jeremy's car was the highlight of that episode for me. It was just so, so wrong. And fucking hilarious.

Comment

Very entertaining and endlessly quotable.

IG @turbovarg
                        '91 318is, M20 turbo
                        [CoTM: 4-18]
                        '94 525iT slicktop, M50B30 + S362SX-E, 600WHP DD or bust
                        - updated 3-17

Comment

The celebrity brain crash thing is getting really dumb though.

1989 325is l 1984 euro 320i l 1970 2002 Racecar
                          1991 318i 4dr slick top

Euro spec 320i/Alpina B6 3.5 project(the never ending saga)
                          Vintage race car revival (2002 content)
                          Mtech 2 turbo restoration
                          Brilliantrot slick top "build"

Comment

I liked last week's episode more. But this was better than the second episode

it's a Kenny Powers quote on wheels

Comment

Originally posted by ThatOneEuroE30 View Post
                              The celebrity brain crash thing is getting really dumb though.
                              The theory I've heard is that they're using it as a placeholder for an interview segment, but they don't have the time to put it in this season.

Comment

James May had me in tears!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                                My E30 v1.0 | v2.0 | v3.0 | My E28 |My E34 | My feedback

Comment

Working...
                                X