The Grand Tour

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nader393 View Post
    I don't know why I felt like I had to say all that. But I feel a little better now.
    you stay out of here with your wood trim shooting brake shark fin matt leblanc-liking antics

it's a Kenny Powers quote on wheels

Comment

Originally posted by Das Delfin View Post
      you stay out of here with your wood trim shooting brake shark fin matt leblanc-liking antics
      I think this guy gets it!
      '91 325i

Comment

Originally posted by agent View Post
        I finally got to watch the first episode tonight. I thought it was pretty solid as well, though I agree the RAF joke could have done with one less cut. I had to go back and watch the intro a second time; it was nothing short of awesome.
        I think the same thing. Except maybe 2 or 3 less cuts on that joke. It definitely got overplayed. It must have been painful to be in the audience.

Talking about that audience, that chick's bewbs.
        AWD > RWD

Comment

Originally posted by Kershaw View Post
          ......and now I'm about to rewatch the episode.
          My Garage
          2001 Z3 2.5i Steel Gray/Black (Lexi)
          1988 325ix Diamond Schwartz/Black (Izzy)
          1989 325i Cirrus Blue/Houndstooth (Stitch)
          Feedback

Instagram: Stone.Hopkins

Comment

Originally posted by Kershaw View Post
            no screen shot?
            If it's got tits or tires, it's gonna cost ya!

Comment

I know exactly who you're talking about
              Simon
              Current Cars:
              -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Loved it.....but...

Man, the "interview with a celebrity" portion looked like a children's 6th grade play. I can't believe they didn't just edit that out. It was painful to watch.

For a first episode, I'm surprised they didn't do something like in the past where they went to the north pole, or crossing a jungle.

I did giggle every time they called the "La Ferrari" "The Ferrari, The Ferrari" - only cause it seem the Ferrari guys were pissy to deal with as they would let them take it on the public roads cause it would devalue the car. A million dollar of advertising, and you don't let them register it?
                Last edited by george graves; 11-22-2016, 06:42 AM.
                Originally posted by Matt-B
                hey does anyone know anyone who gets upset and makes electronics?

Comment

Ferrari is a company run by petulant italian children. Remember when the stupidly named Ferrari The Ferrari came out? They wouldn't let any of the magazines/tv shows/journalists to directly compare it to the 918 and P1 under penalty of the car's owner never being "allowed" to buy another Ferrari. Remember the suing of that "musician" over his tastelessly modified Ferrari that resulted in him selling it and giving the Company the finger? Ever heard about how they allegedly won't let you just buy the top of the line car if you can afford it unless you buy others first? It even goes back to the company's History; the Dino (one of the best looking cars ever made) wasn't a "Ferrari" because it didn't have the V12, so Enzo named it after his dead son. How's that for spitting on his grave? Hey, Dino - it's not a Ferrari, just like you ya dead bastard!

Ferrari is still making fast cars but they're surviving on brand recognition now, no matter what they do people will still go nuts over the cars because MUH FERRARI.

IG @turbovarg
                  '91 318is, M20 turbo
                  [CoTM: 4-18]
                  '94 525iT slicktop, M50B30 + S362SX-E, 600WHP DD or bust
                  - updated 1-26

Comment

Watched it over the weekend.

The RAF skit could have been a bit shorter.

I was excited when the celebrity interviewee skit was over, not a fan.

I hope Mike Skinner is a joke/Jeremy trolling us all. I liked the old Stig, him being 'unknown' was a cool part of the show.

Other than that, the show was spectacular. Loved every second of it. Can't wait for the next one!
                    My previous build (currently E30-less)
                    http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=170390

A 2016 Toyota Tacoma TRD 4x4 Offroad in Inferno is my newest obsession

Comment

Originally posted by varg View Post
                      Ferrari is a company run by petulant italian children. Remember when the stupidly named Ferrari The Ferrari came out? They wouldn't let any of the magazines/tv shows/journalists to directly compare it to the 918 and P1 under penalty of the car's owner never being "allowed" to buy another Ferrari. Remember the suing of that "musician" over his tastelessly modified Ferrari that resulted in him selling it and giving the Company the finger? Ever heard about how they allegedly won't let you just buy the top of the line car if you can afford it unless you buy others first? It even goes back to the company's History; the Dino (one of the best looking cars ever made) wasn't a "Ferrari" because it didn't have the V12, so Enzo named it after his dead son. How's that for spitting on his grave? Hey, Dino - it's not a Ferrari, just like you ya dead bastard!

Ferrari is still making fast cars but they're surviving on brand recognition now, no matter what they do people will still go nuts over the cars because MUH FERRARI.
                      While I agree with almost everything you said, I have to correct you on the Dino portion. Dino was the one working on the V6 motor before he died and it was meant as a tribute to his son, not a "you're worthless to me" stunt.
                      Simon
                      Current Cars:
                      -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

I loved it. Life definitely got a bit brighter with these guys back in action. That said, there were some parts that seemed a tiny bit awkward, but maybe we're all just over scrutinizing it a bit being that it's been hyped so much. I have much confidence that it'll improve as they settle into the new format. I felt like this episode served a few purposes; bridging the gap between T/G and G/T, introducing us to the new format (different segments, new track, characters), and reassuring us that this isn't just a lackluster reboot but an awesome evolution.

Oh we also get an extra treat this Friday with a new project binky episode :D

EDIT: I'm going to go back and re-watch all of the specials they did over the years, those were incredible
                        '89 325i OBD2 S52 BUILD THREAD
                        Shadetree30

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
                          While I agree with almost everything you said, I have to correct you on the Dino portion. Dino was the one working on the V6 motor before he died and it was meant as a tribute to his son, not a "you're worthless to me" stunt.
                          Does that make it any better? Too much pride in something as silly as a V12 (which later didn't matter anyway, plenty of Ferraris since have had less than 12 cylinders) to put the family and company name on your Son's pet project. Could've called it the Ferrari Dino, but it's just Dino 206/246/308 - not a Ferrari.
                          Last edited by varg; 11-21-2016, 04:01 PM.

IG @turbovarg
                          '91 318is, M20 turbo
                          [CoTM: 4-18]
                          '94 525iT slicktop, M50B30 + S362SX-E, 600WHP DD or bust
                          - updated 1-26

Comment

Hey guys I made an E30 Owners group on Drivetribe if you dudes wanted to join.
                            88 325is Five Speed
                            Lachssilber

Comment

Now that's over I can share that I made the cut for tickets to the Nashville taping today. :mrgreen:

I think the RAF bit may feel less contrived and make more sense as more episodes are released.

Originally posted by kronus
                              would be in depending on tip slant and tube size

Comment

Bastage
                                Originally posted by Fusion
                                If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
                                The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
                                William Pitt-

Comment

Working...
                                X