Honda K24 swap interest?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

this threads getting super raaaaaad!

I want to do this with a 6 speed ideally....
    1984 Delphin 318i 2 door

Comment

Does anyone have a guide to building a good streetable K24. I've never driven in a performance VTEC Honda so I don't really know what to expect. Is there any way to build one of these engine's so they have a linear power band, which is the reason why i like my M42
      91' 318is 90' 325is

Originally posted by Sonny
      Buy the E30s, they ain't gonna last long
      E30 can make you, E30 can break you
      "He who controls the Nova's, controls the Boomers"

Comment

Originally posted by Motheye99 View Post
        Does anyone have a guide to building a good streetable K24. I've never driven in a performance VTEC Honda so I don't really know what to expect. Is there any way to build one of these engine's so they have a linear power band, which is the reason why i like my M42

Yeah, I'm interested in the same. I have an RSX Type-S as a daily driver, and it's useless until over 4k. I'm building an M4x for boost because I like the handling aspects of the E30 with the 4 banger in it.

Comment

I'd probably start with k20a.org

Comment

Originally posted by jwal View Post
            I'm building an M4x for boost because I like the handling aspects of the E30 with the 4 banger in it.
            I was planning the same for my E36... Until all this good K20 stuff came down the pipes. I'll be safely able to achieve 500whp on E85 and 425-430whp on pump gas using the K20 motor. To achieve those levels with an M42 would have cost significantly more than what I'll be spending.

Comment

Originally posted by Jaker View Post
              I was planning the same for my E36... Until all this good K20 stuff came down the pipes. I'll be safely able to achieve 500whp on E85 and 425-430whp on pump gas using the K20 motor. To achieve those levels with an M42 would have cost significantly more than what I'll be spending.
              I was it a stock motor with boost? Ive read there pretty strong stock.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
              91' 318is 90' 325is

Comment

I'm only looking for 250-300 all said and done, and I'm partially in it for the experience of rebuilding a motor and getting some forced induction under my belt. I'm actually planning on going the supercharged route to keep everything linear and to hear that sweet ass whine haha

Comment

I was it a stock motor with boost? Ive read there pretty strong stock.
                  I'm not doing a stock block. I'm putting in rods, pistons and valvesprings/retainers as well as a ported oil pump. I plan to spin to 9,000 and occasionally to 9,500. But I have heard that many people have done 600whp on stock internals K20s.

Originally posted by jwal View Post
                  I'm only looking for 250-300 all said and done, and I'm partially in it for the experience of rebuilding a motor and getting some forced induction under my belt. I'm actually planning on going the supercharged route to keep everything linear and to hear that sweet ass whine haha
                  I was a supercharger freak for many years. Never BMW, but I played around with supercharged Hondas for years. I'm expecting a super responsive motor with my build. An acquaintance has a K24 with the same turbo as mine and he's getting mad wheelspin at 2,500rpm in 3rd gear. He's at about 600whp on 18psi running E85.

Comment

I'm not doing a stock block. I'm putting in rods, pistons and valvesprings/retainers as well as a ported oil pump. I plan to spin to 9,000 and occasionally to 9,500. But I have heard that many people have done 600whp on stock internals K20s.

I was a supercharger freak for many years. Never BMW, but I played around with supercharged Hondas for years. I'm expecting a super responsive motor with my build. An acquaintance has a K24 with the same turbo as mine and he's getting mad wheelspin at 2,500rpm in 3rd gear. He's at about 600whp on 18psi running E85.
                    How good where supercharged Honda's on the low end?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
                    91' 318is 90' 325is

Comment

How good where supercharged Honda's on the low end?
                      I was using Roots blowers (positive displacement) which made them excellent. I know some of the centrifugal superchargers that were available for Hondas were a little limp in the bottom end.

Comment

Kmiata, is there any updates on the progress of the kit?
                        91' 318is 90' 325is

Comment

Kmiata, is there any updates on the progress of the kit?
                          Things are progressing nicely. I'm not a big fan of leaking photos and details out until we're 100% satisfied with everything though. But it's moving along, I promise. Developing product like this just takes some time.

Regarding N/A engine builds - a stock K24A2 will get you around 220whp and can safely rev to 8200 RPM on track. Skip the K20 for N/A, there is no comparison over the larger K24. My mild 12.5:1 K24 build in my Miata (251whp) makes peak torque around 2600 RPM and it carries flat to 8500 RPM. No comparison over a peaky K20 or F20C.

For boost, a stock K20 is a great option. We're using a K20Z1 (05-06 RSX-S) engine in our turbo Miata build. Should have it fired up and tuned really soon, and we're looking to make around 600whp with the GTX 3076R on e85. 100% stock block, down to the head studs and head gasket.
                          David Calzada
                          KMiata Inc.
                          KMiata.com

Comment

Originally posted by KMiata View Post
                            Things are progressing nicely. I'm not a big fan of leaking photos and details out until we're 100% satisfied with everything though. But it's moving along, I promise. Developing product like this just takes some time.

Regarding N/A engine builds - a stock K24A2 will get you around 220whp and can safely rev to 8200 RPM on track. Skip the K20 for N/A, there is no comparison over the larger K24. My mild 12.5:1 K24 build in my Miata (251whp) makes peak torque around 2600 RPM and it carries flat to 8500 RPM. No comparison over a peaky K20 or F20C.

For boost, a stock K20 is a great option. We're using a K20Z1 (05-06 RSX-S) engine in our turbo Miata build. Should have it fired up and tuned really soon, and we're looking to make around 600whp with the GTX 3076R on e85. 100% stock block, down to the head studs and head gasket.

Wowsers, that's crazy! Both sounds like terrific options!

Comment

Originally posted by KMiata View Post

Awesome I am soo excited to see the pics.
                              Originally posted by blunttech
                              Levent guzzles vanilla hazelnut creamer like its my semen
                              :shock:

Comment

Also do you have any plans to do an e36 swap kit. I would buy one for both as e36's have become dirt cheap as a basis for the swap and I have a 318ti with itb m44 that is starting to lose compression and I would love to keep it a 4 cylinder but with more grunt
                                Originally posted by blunttech
                                Levent guzzles vanilla hazelnut creamer like its my semen
                                :shock:

Comment

Working...
                                X