Honda K24 swap interest?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Shangsta View Post
    Also do you have any plans to do an e36 swap kit. I would buy one for both as e36's have become dirt cheap as a basis for the swap and I have a 318ti with itb m44 that is starting to lose compression and I would love to keep it a 4 cylinder but with more grunt
    Yes, that's the goal. It's a great chassis and you can still get them pretty light. It would be an awesome candidate for a turbo K swap in my opinion.
    David Calzada
    KMiata Inc.
    KMiata.com

Comment

Originally posted by KMiata View Post
      Regarding N/A engine builds - a stock K24A2 will get you around 220whp and can safely rev to 8200 RPM on track. Skip the K20 for N/A, there is no comparison over the larger K24. My mild 12.5:1 K24 build in my Miata (251whp) makes peak torque around 2600 RPM and it carries flat to 8500 RPM. No comparison over a peaky K20 or F20C.

Comment

Lets me mount my stock Getrag 260 to the K24, from KMiata

Will be using lots of KMiata parts

Next, buy some mounts, pan, clutch, and harness adapter (right right?) from KMiata.
        Last edited by rover215; 07-21-2018, 02:52 PM.

Comment

I have the option of buying a E36 ZF 5 speed for 300$, guy acid dipped it and had it refreshed. It was going in a 600hp+ turbo m50 car. Should I buy it from him in preparation for the honda swap? Im planning on going NA k24 then adding boost in the future. Is this trans going to handle the power? And I know it can be done but ive had trouble finding a good guide on swapping one of these into a E30, does anyone have a good guide?
          91' 318is 90' 325is

Originally posted by Sonny
          Buy the E30s, they ain't gonna last long
          E30 can make you, E30 can break you
          "He who controls the Nova's, controls the Boomers"

Comment

E36 ZF is good for 600+ whp and 350-400 ft/lbs. It's when you get into the 500+ wheel torque numbers that the BMW I6 is quite capable of when properly built that you need to start worrying about the ZF.

Comment

Originally posted by Jaker View Post
              E36 ZF is good for 600+ whp and 350-400 ft/lbs. It's when you get into the 500+ wheel torque numbers that the BMW I6 is quite capable of when properly built that you need to start worrying about the ZF.
              so it should handle a "mild" turbo K. Is the price right at 300$. I think the G260 are going for more.
              91' 318is 90' 325is

Comment

Honda K24 swap interest?

How many miles on the ZF? I think 300 is a decent price for one around 150k miles are so.

What does refreshed mean in this context? 5th gear spring and seals?

Comment

I found some good info on the K series motors

JP
                  1984 533i
                  1984 733i
                  1985 325e
                  1998 M3
                  1998 318ti
                  2008 335i

Comment

Originally posted by jwal View Post
                    How many miles on the ZF? I think 300 is a decent price for one around 150k miles are so.

What does refreshed mean in this context? 5th gear spring and seals?
                    I asked, its a 328 which is the strongest, and has less then 70k miles, i've seen it in person very nice looking no weird leaks.
                    91' 318is 90' 325is

Comment

Sounds like a winner to me! Especially if you don't have to deal with shipping

Comment

When my m30 blows up i'm going to put in a k24.

Comment

any updates? I think target to get one running was mid july

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Nice

I found a few threads on this related subject but long story short, which is the lightest engine swap for an 1984 318i?

Seriously, from what I read today....N52?

The M30 adds 40lbs? Obviously with a different transmission, yet more weigh is added.

Is the M52 really lighter than an S52 enough so that the M52 swap is a bit more desirable?

How does the K24 compare by comparison in terms of weight to the M30, N52, and M52?

I am sure this has been discussed, so if someone has a link, please share.

All I found was this:

Last edited by Javier h; 07-26-2018, 10:06 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Javier h View Post
                              Is the M52 really lighter than an S52 enough so that the M52 swap is a bit more desirable?

The iron block M52 single Vanos is marginally lighter (maybe 5 lbs) than the S52, but the aluminum block single Vanos M52 from the 97-98 Z3 is 50lbs lighter (as verified by me personally on a scale).

Comment

Honda K24 swap interest?

k series is around the 300lbs mark and an aluminum block m52 is around 400lbs, but the more important part is where the weight is located when swapped.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                                Last edited by Sladek; 07-27-2018, 07:12 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X