X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Also drive shaft

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

If there's some way to have this swap California BAR legal (Garagistic is located in California, so there's a chance) this might be the second best thing to ever happen to my 318is.
      91 318iS - aluminum M52B28 + ZF320 + 3.15 Torsen

Comment

I really doubt itll be BARable when converting to rwd intake setup
        1984 Delphin 318i 2 door

Comment

Originally posted by fastestbox View Post
          If there's some way to have this swap California BAR legal (Garagistic is located in California, so there's a chance) this might be the second best thing to ever happen to my 318is.
          Swapping up to a k24 from a m42 sounds perfect.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
          91' 318is 90' 325is

Originally posted by Sonny
          Buy the E30s, they ain't gonna last long
          E30 can make you, E30 can break you
          "He who controls the Nova's, controls the Boomers"

Comment

I'm waiting on Kmiata, they went dark for protection I guess. Hopefully they will have something or some news soon. As for CA BAR, Fu@K them and this state gov. (I got beef with the franchise tax board right now) the gov. of Cali are straight up thieves. Anywayz up here in Humboldt smog only on title transfer. The BAR can kiss my a$$!

Sorry for the Rant
            1984 533i
            1984 733i
            1985 325e
            1998 M3
            1998 318ti
            2008 335i

Comment

Dear god I'm so excited for this. My sister has an Accord coupe and I love the K24 in it. I'm gonna need to buy another E30 for this.
              Originally posted by Melon
              Engine work takes patience and finesse.

Suspension work takes anger, a big fucking hammer, and a torch.

Comment

Who makes an oil pan? Mounts wouldn't be to hard and the rest is available.

Comment

Originally posted by Need4Speed1299 View Post
                  Who makes an oil pan? Mounts wouldn't be to hard and the rest is available.

no one makes the oil pan yet, that's the biggest hold up since the pickup on the K series lives in almost the same spot the front subframe and steering rack are

Comment

That’s were I got stuck to after doing some research could try a dry sump but that’s a lot of $$ for that

Comment

The easiest dry sump to find for me was the one from 4Piston. $5k!

4 Piston Racing is your one stop shop for High Performance Cylinder Heads. We eat, sleep, and breathe Cylinder Heads, and day after day continue to push for new developments.

If anyone knows of another for significantly less, I’m all ears.

Comment

^thats for a b series not a k series
                        1984 Delphin 318i 2 door

Comment

Originally posted by D3’min View Post
                          That’s were I got stuck to after doing some research could try a dry sump but that’s a lot of $$ for that

no one makes a reasonable dry sump either or that would be the easiest route. you could try and piece one together but then you're losing your cost effectiveness of the swap at the lower levels. there's also not really a market for the K dry sump because most any needs are met with a type S oil pump and a baffled pan. basically some engineering just needs to be done for pan modification and oil pump/pickup modification

Comment

My real issue (E36) is that the oil pump chain/sprocket wants to be in the same place as the center of the steering rack!

Comment

Originally posted by D3’min View Post
                              ARE makes a K-series dry sump pan that is less than 3" deep, but you still need to figure out pump, mount & drive, lines, tank - the rest of the system. Cost aside, dry sump would be a great way to go, but it will be expensive, and there's a lot to figure out.

Comment

Honda K24 swap interest?

Originally posted by Sladek View Post
                                no one makes a reasonable dry sump either or that would be the easiest route. you could try and piece one together but then you're losing your cost effectiveness of the swap at the lower levels. there's also not really a market for the K dry sump because most any needs are met with a type S oil pump and a baffled pan. basically some engineering just needs to be done for pan modification and oil pump/pickup modification

Honda Sells a complete k24 with drysump.
                                Buy the complete thing if you are honestly serious; from The engine manufacturer.

Nobody on R3v will be doing this but I’m going to post this troll link anyways.

If one actually wanted to do dry sump k24 they would have bought it already because it’s a steal for $9,995 with new engine already assembled.

No dry sumps are for street use; the Honda factory HPD is for racing as stated.

Dry sump Pumps do wear out much much much sooner than street car components; shit ton of pumbing, incredible amount of small an fitting expense; you don’t want dry sump for a street car

Modify the crossmember / oil pan like all other swaps
                                OBD1 M54/M52TU swap as a M50b25

Z4 non powered steering rack fits e30

Euro e46 2005/6 320d 6mt gearbox into E30 with M20 hardy and beck 1985 327s engine

Comment

Working...
                                X