Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Honda K24 swap interest?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Originally posted by The Dark Side of Will View Post
    Was that a sniffer test on a dyno?
    if you aren't in a rural area of california, it's very likely that your sniffer test happens on a dyno. every test i had done on my 3rd e30 was.
    past:
    1989 325is (learner shitbox)
    1986 325e (turbo dorito)
    1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
    current:
    1985 323i baur (project to resume soon...)
    2013 ninja 300 (way more fun than a car)

    Comment


      Then without reprogramming the automatic following a significant FD change, the engine will effectively be a gear lower on the dyno than it would have been stock. That'll hurt.

      Comment


        Another vid from antipurist. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XpzR8drhkGQ

        Comment


          Originally posted by Rev Run D View Post
          Another vid from antipurist. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XpzR8drhkGQ
          This is awesome. I hit them up as they are in nc and I am planning to make a trip up there to look at both of the swaps(k and fc)
          Originally posted by blunttech
          Levent guzzles vanilla hazelnut creamer like its my semen
          :shock:

          Comment


            Originally posted by Rev Run D View Post
            Another vid from antipurist. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XpzR8drhkGQ
            Thanks for posting this video! We built the k swapped e30 because we wanted to test it. The trans mounts/brackets are the same as our f20c kit and our jumper harness will for the e30/kswap will go into production after the e30/f20 jumpers, that are currently in production, are done. After the problems we had with the builder of the first harness, we are having these built by Rywire.
            1993 BMW 850ci factory 6 speed
            1992 Honda Civic Hatch, built B16, turbo, and nitrous
            1989 BMW 325i, f20c swap
            1989 Honda CRX, built LS/vtec, turbo, and nitrous

            Comment


              Originally posted by Fucatypr View Post

              Thanks for posting this video! We built the k swapped e30 because we wanted to test it. The trans mounts/brackets are the same as our f20c kit and our jumper harness will for the e30/kswap will go into production after the e30/f20 jumpers, that are currently in production, are done. After the problems we had with the builder of the first harness, we are having these built by Rywire.
              any pricing estimates, what transmission is the K swap running? Looks like 3 players in the Honda swap game. Sounds like there going to hit market at the same time.
              91' 318is 90' 325is

              Originally posted by Sonny
              Buy the E30s, they ain't gonna last long
              E30 can make you, E30 can break you
              "He who controls the Nova's, controls the Boomers"

              Comment


                from: https://www.reddit.com/r/E30/comment...k24a2/exly2hs/

                The guys at anti-purist Fucatypr said:

                The f20c can run on the stock s2000 ecu but you have to remove the immobilizer and that leaves you with a CEL. I drove the car like that for 2 months for testing, it ran great. Haven't tried it yet with a JDM ecu. we would suggest an aftermarket ecu. As far as an eta, for the f20c kits we are waiting on the oil pans. The harness are in production at Rywire and everything else is done. Because of the nature of the k serie swap, we may offer a partial kit and a list of parts from other manufacturers of what you'll beed.
                Last edited by Rev Run D; 08-21-2019, 02:25 PM.

                Comment


                • rover215
                  rover215 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Both your comments are regarding the f20C- any info on the K24 swap? I have most of the parts except the engine mounts/adapters, the oil pan, and wiring/management system. I'll be keeping the stock G260 5 speed trans.

                Originally posted by Motheye99 View Post
                any pricing estimates, what transmission is the K swap running? Looks like 3 players in the Honda swap game. Sounds like there going to hit market at the same time.
                K swap is best with the s2000 transmission It matches the engine the best also. Honda power to Honda powertrain Engine to trans Adapter kit is already sold by a few companies and inexpensive / proven easy A custom flywheel is made by at least one aftermarket clutch company and the s2000 clutch just pops in. S2000 gearbox = the feeling that all of these fancy ass$$$$ shifters for bmw are trying to replicate to but never get to.
                OBD1 M54/M52TU swap as a M50b25

                Z4 non powered steering rack fits e30



                Euro e46 2005/6 320d 6mt gearbox into E30 with M20 hardy and beck 1985 327s engine

                Comment


                  Hey fucatypr- what about the K24 options? Many potential customers (like myself) want or already have them. I know your business partner has one in his 318is, but no mention yet here as to those parts or kit.
                  You guys, KMiata, and Garagistic are all on board with the K-series. That's great news for us all.

                  Comment


                    Originally posted by rover215 View Post
                    Hey fucatypr- what about the K24 options? Many potential customers (like myself) want or already have them. I know your business partner has one in his 318is, but no mention yet here as to those parts or kit. You guys, KMiata, and Garagistic are all on board with the K-series. That's great news for us all.
                    K to s2k trans adapters are made by ballade sports, 2ners and others. Clutchmasters and others make the flywheel The e30 specific items will just be the engine mounts, oil pan, trans mount, driveshaft and wiring harness. You can call up rywire for any custom engine harness for any car I’ve got a k engine also and am waiting to see who offers an actual useful oil pan (that doesn’t cost more than my k24a2) The k24 locally seems to have oil supply issues here (on the race track) in both fwd and rwd applications; at minimal the original capacity of oil must be retained and honestly overfilling wouldn’t be a bad idea- it’s suggest by hasport who blew a lot off motors before overfilling.
                    OBD1 M54/M52TU swap as a M50b25

                    Z4 non powered steering rack fits e30



                    Euro e46 2005/6 320d 6mt gearbox into E30 with M20 hardy and beck 1985 327s engine

                    Comment


                      Originally posted by rover215 View Post
                      Hey fucatypr- what about the K24 options? Many potential customers (like myself) want or already have them. I know your business partner has one in his 318is, but no mention yet here as to those parts or kit.
                      You guys, KMiata, and Garagistic are all on board with the K-series. That's great news for us all.
                      We used a JSP adapter for the transmission and intake manifold. For the K swap we will offer mount brackets (you will need 2 sets of aftermarket m20 mounts), the jumper harness (you will also need an engine harness), instructions, and maybe an oil pan, everything else is already available.

                      1993 BMW 850ci factory 6 speed
                      1992 Honda Civic Hatch, built B16, turbo, and nitrous
                      1989 BMW 325i, f20c swap
                      1989 Honda CRX, built LS/vtec, turbo, and nitrous

                      Comment


                        Wanganstyle and @Fucatypr: I know you guys aren't big fan of the stock Getrag 260, but I'm sticking with mine and already have the KMiata adapter and flywheel. I'll source a 2002-2004 Acura RSX manual engine harness or 2003-2006 Honda Element manual engine harness, depending on which management system I go with. I also have the KMiata Type S oil pump and windage tray (will be looking into other baffling). Can I just reuse my stock M20 engine mounts? Just waiting on an oil pan that'll work, but pretty sure KMiata is almost done with that as well.
                        I love that the two of you figured it out and are basically the first to have two stree-going, driveable, legal K-swapped e30s (I could be wrong).

                        Comment


                          IT should be possible to make a F20c CARB legal. K series no. I'm starting to like the F20c more even if its more expensive. 5500 motor and trans is the ebay price.
                          91' 318is 90' 325is

                          Originally posted by Sonny
                          Buy the E30s, they ain't gonna last long
                          E30 can make you, E30 can break you
                          "He who controls the Nova's, controls the Boomers"

                          Comment


                            Why not the K-series? No properly configured catalyst because it's FWD only?

                            Comment


                              Originally posted by Fucatypr View Post

                              We used a JSP adapter for the transmission and intake manifold. For the K swap we will offer mount brackets (you will need 2 sets of aftermarket m20 mounts), the jumper harness (you will also need an engine harness), instructions, and maybe an oil pan, everything else is already available.
                              Any chance you will be bringing either of the cars to e30 Octoberfest?
                              Originally posted by blunttech
                              Levent guzzles vanilla hazelnut creamer like its my semen
                              :shock:

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X