Honda K24 swap interest?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rover215 View Post
    And still running the "2002-2004 RSX Type S harness from a K20A2, or 2003-2006 Honda Element manual harness" depending on which engine management we choose to use?
    Correct. Although we will probably just support Hondata Kpro for the E30. And you can use any 2002-2004 RSX harness, including an auto one, so that helps a lot.
    David Calzada
    KMiata Inc.
    KMiata.com

Comment

Im soo excited to hear updates from the upcoming track testing
      Originally posted by blunttech
      Levent guzzles vanilla hazelnut creamer like its my semen
      :shock:

Comment

Originally posted by KMiata View Post

Correct. Although we will probably just support Hondata Kpro for the E30. And you can use any 2002-2004 RSX harness, including an auto one, so that helps a lot.
        So regardless if we are using a k24a2, or a k20, we will need to run the 2002-2004 rsx harness?

Hope the weekend goes well for you guys!

Comment

Is AC something can be easily retained with the KMiata/garagistic/other swap kits? Kinda necessary for me where I live.

Comment

Originally posted by Mohit View Post
            Is AC something can be easily retained with the KMiata/garagistic/other swap kits? Kinda necessary for me where I live.
            Yes, should be doable since the stock K A/C compressor will fit in the stock location. Our car has the P/S pump mounted down in the A/C compressor spot, so you'd just need to put that somewhere else. We're working on a couple ideas to make everything compatible together.
            David Calzada
            KMiata Inc.
            KMiata.com

Comment

TL;DW: We fried the KPro, but we're trying to make it compatible with 3 different transmissions and we're trying different oil pan designs.

Comment

https://625inc.com/ Order Parts here!The cat is out of the bag we are going turbo on the K24 E30!Install of Vac race seat brackets and Recaro race seat into ...

Antipurist Fucatypr

Comment

Are you sure that's a Jet Rag transmission?

Comment

S2000 trans?
                    91' 318is 90' 325is

Originally posted by Sonny
                    Buy the E30s, they ain't gonna last long
                    E30 can make you, E30 can break you
                    "He who controls the Nova's, controls the Boomers"

Comment

So garagistic just sold out of their first run of kswap mounts but i haven seen anything showing that they got their swap running yet. Fucatypr any news on the antipurist swap/ harness? Kmiata has theirs running andhave done some track testing. I know they wanted more testing till they released any more info. Just wondering if you are doing non track testing KMiata till the track opens up again

Comment

Originally posted by Shangsta View Post
                        So garagistic just sold out of their first run of kswap mounts but i haven seen anything showing that they got their swap running yet. Fucatypr any news on the antipurist swap/ harness? Kmiata has theirs running andhave done some track testing. I know they wanted more testing till they released any more info. Just wondering if you are doing non track testing KMiata till the track opens up again
                        Yeah we are a bit stuck right now thanks to the tracks all being closed. The car is solid, we are just making a couple of small tweaks. We never sell parts without doing rigorous testing first. Fixtures are already built for our oil pan and mounts, but nothing goes into production until it's 110% proven. Despite the slow down, I don't see any reason why we can't have a very complete package in people's hands this summer.
                        David Calzada
                        KMiata Inc.
                        KMiata.com

Comment

So KMiata, does this mean a custom pan is required for mounting the K to the stock e30 subframe? Sounds like a yes.

Comment

Originally posted by rover215 View Post
                            So KMiata, does this mean a custom pan is required for mounting the K to the stock e30 subframe? Sounds like a yes.
                            Yes, absolutely.
                            David Calzada
                            KMiata Inc.
                            KMiata.com

Comment

Originally posted by KMiata View Post

Yeah we are a bit stuck right now thanks to the tracks all being closed. The car is solid, we are just making a couple of small tweaks. We never sell parts without doing rigorous testing first. Fixtures are already built for our oil pan and mounts, but nothing goes into production until it's 110% proven. Despite the slow down, I don't see any reason why we can't have a very complete package in people's hands this summer.
                              Awesome I am looking forward to this, its been a long time coming

Comment

This is really interesting. What concerns me about these custom swaps though is the ease of getting replacement parts. For example, let's say there's a limited run of conversion parts made. Then down the line you crack the oil pan and you're out of luck. So here's my suggestion: Make the oil pan a 2-piece like on a stock E30 4-cylinder engine and make it so the lower pan is an off-the-shelf item, such as the M42 lower pan. That way if you break it, which we know will happen on lowered E30s, you can quickly get a cheap replacement. So that's why my preference always goes to engine swaps that use off-the-shelf parts.
                                Plug and Play Wiring Harness Adapters for S54, S50, M54 and more.

Comment

Working...
                                X