Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Fucatypr View Post

no crossmember changes are needed and that picture is of the f20c mounts
    How about the red e30 with the K24? Did you have to modify the oil pan or crossmember on that car?

Comment

Hey guys, we have some exciting news.

Our K24 E30 swap is complete and it's been thoroughly tested on race tracks all over the Midwest. We have all parts in production now, and we expect to have an official launch in August with all details. We're thrilled with the end result - the car is a blast to drive, and the production swap components are of the highest quality. If you haven't done so already, please subscribe to our email newsletter at kmiata.com, and be sure to follow us on social media. I'll be posting pictures of the production engine mounts, oil pan, and more in the next week or two.

We'll also do a thorough write-up with lots of specifics on the package, and will also be making a big announcement on the evolution of our brand.

Thank you all for your patience as we took the necessary time to perfect this swap!
      David Calzada
      KMiata Inc.
      KMiata.com

Comment

Outstanding news

will this work with RHD cars, as far as you could reasonably tell?
        88 325is. S54, CSL airbox, Motec M800, Motec C127, Motec PDM15, Stoptech STR, MCS 2 way coilovers, Forgeline wheels, Recaro SPA, Eisenmann, Personal, lots of custom.

90 318is. As new OEM+, BBS LM, AST 4210 2 way coilovers, Wilwood SL6R/SL4R, Dynaudio, Recaro Experts

Comment

Originally posted by burkey001 View Post
          Outstanding news

will this work with RHD cars, as far as you could reasonably tell?
          Yes, everything will fit a RHD car aside from our header. So you could have a custom RHD header made, or modify ours as needed (or go turbo). But the mounts, oil pan, adapter, flywheel, should fit without any issue.
          David Calzada
          KMiata Inc.
          KMiata.com

Comment

Originally posted by rover215 View Post

How about the red e30 with the K24? Did you have to modify the oil pan or crossmember on that car?
            The oil pan is modified but the crossmember is stock. The late model k series jumper harnesses will go on sale this week.
            1993 BMW 850ci factory 6 speed
            1992 Honda Civic Hatch, built B16, turbo, and nitrous
            1989 BMW 325i, f20c swap
            1989 Honda CRX, built LS/vtec, turbo, and nitrous

Comment

I've always been interested in a boosted k20a or b16 engine in a e30. Set aside all the purist bullshit it would be a great engine for this car, that is if someone comes out with a swap kit.

Comment

It's finally time! Our K24 E30 swap package is available for order. We're also in the process of evolving our brand into KPower Industries, as we plan to expand far beyond the Miata chassis, and the E30 is just the beginning.

There's a lot to say on this swap new, so check out this detailed blog post with all of the info:
                https://kpower.industries/blogs/news...ackage-is-here

Here's where you can find the swap package, as well as individual components:
                https://kpower.industries/collection...wap-components

If you have any questions, the best way to reach us is still sales@kmiata.com or by phone at 847-865-5739. Thanks everyone!
                David Calzada
                KMiata Inc.
                KMiata.com

Comment

Originally posted by KMiata View Post
                  It's finally time! Our K24 E30 swap package is available for order. We're also in the process of evolving our brand into KPower Industries, as we plan to expand far beyond the Miata chassis, and the E30 is just the beginning.

There's a lot to say on this swap new, so check out this detailed blog post with all of the info:
                  https://kpower.industries/blogs/news...ackage-is-here

Here's where you can find the swap package, as well as individual components:
                  https://kpower.industries/collection...wap-components

If you have any questions, the best way to reach us is still sales@kmiata.com or by phone at 847-865-5739. Thanks everyone!
                  aaaaaand ordered. RIP my wallet after patiently waiting for this entire development lol

will you guys be changing anything on the turbo manifold for the E30 chassis? ill be waiting on the NA header in the meantime along with all the powersteering and AC accesories. my M3 thanks you for returning the 4 cylinder goodness

Comment

Time to start slangin crack

Comment

Looks forward to some builds! And slowly working my car up to accommodate this swap.

Based on searching around. It seems like the k24a2, and 5speed Zf with a 3.72 diff would be preferred? I have m10 so while the g260 may be sufficient, the newer Zf is the better between the two. Can anyone confirm? I’d like to start sourcing parts!

Comment

Originally posted by JonJonE30 View Post
                        Looks forward to some builds! And slowly working my car up to accommodate this swap.

Based on searching around. It seems like the k24a2, and 5speed Zf with a 3.72 diff would be preferred? I have m10 so while the g260 may be sufficient, the newer Zf is the better between the two. Can anyone confirm? I’d like to start sourcing parts!
                        I have an '86 325e with the G260 and will be running an LSD 3.73. I'm sticking with the factory G260 box because the G260 gearing is almost identical to the e30 M3. The 3.73 is good gearing for a daily IMO. I'm sure the ZF's are probably stronger and will be the way most ppl will go.

Comment

KMiata/ KPower Industries just posted their e30 headers! Ordering mine tonight. Pre-orders get a 10% discount (I'm just a customer, not a rep!)

Comment

Pretty cool video on YouTube with a builder out of Chicago with a k24 swapped e30.

looks like the builder also has a kit too. I’m not affiliated in any way, just thought I would include their link just so you can visit them if you’re interested. Pretty cool idea.
                            tfworks kswap kit, tfworks e30 kswap kit, e30 kswap kit, e30 kswap, kswap e30, bmw e30 kswap kit, bmw kswap, kswap e30

Comment

I bought the kpower kit to swap into my e30. Ya sure the kit is expensive, but it is well made. At the end of the day I want parts that fit the first time, and I don't have to worry about.

Comment

Working...
                              X