Honda K24 swap interest?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kershaw View Post
    What's the advantage of this combination over just buying an f20c/f22c1? Seems like the f series motor is ready to go, right?

Edit: In case anyone is wondering, it's cost. Apparently f series motors are $2-5k. Wtf.
    The aftermarket is also better for the k series and if you are looking to do a high hp n/a build it is also the better choice.
    Originally posted by blunttech
    Levent guzzles vanilla hazelnut creamer like its my semen
    :shock:

Comment

Honda K24 swap interest?

I'm tempted to just go s2k trans based on adapter prices and a 1 piece driveshaft would be close to the kmiata adapter cost and would give you 6 gears and one of the best feeling transmissions imo. and the trans is about the same cost or less than any BMW 6 speed I'd want to use

their adapter prices have me worried about swap kit costs honestly

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Any idea when we can expect details on the kit (availability, pricing, etc)? Don't need to pin down a specific date, but are we talking weeks, months, years? Would love to get this done to my race car over the winter if possible.

Comment

Way too soon to discuss availability and pricing. We need a running car first, as well as many production details sorted out. Should be pretty easy to keep total swap cost below the cost of a custom F20C swap though.

A K24A2 doesn't need anything special to beat out an F20C in stock form. A RWD intake manifold and header are needed for any RWD swap, and that alone gives the K24 more power and a lot more torque than an F20. $1000 K24 vs. $4000 F20 helps a lot too.
          David Calzada
          KMiata Inc.
          KMiata.com

Comment

Originally posted by KMiata View Post
            Way too soon to discuss availability and pricing. We need a running car first, as well as many production details sorted out. Should be pretty easy to keep total swap cost below the cost of a custom F20C swap though.

A K24A2 doesn't need anything special to beat out an F20C in stock form. A RWD intake manifold and header are needed for any RWD swap, and that alone gives the K24 more power and a lot more torque than an F20. $1000 K24 vs. $4000 F20 helps a lot too.
            Cool, appreciate the quick and frank response. Very much looking forward to progress!

Comment

[ATTACH]122854[/ATTACH]

Comment

4>6
                1984 533i
                1984 733i
                1985 325e
                1998 M3
                1998 318ti
                2008 335i

Comment

Originally posted by Wolfman View Post
                  4 cylinder angst
                  50/50 weight distribution with a zesty 4 banger for our sick touring cars bro
                  1984 Delphin 318i 2 door

Comment

[ATTACH]122865[/ATTACH]

Comment

Originally posted by Wolfman View Post
                      [ATTACH]122865[/ATTACH]
                      Are you going to post something useful in here, or just more of the same shit?

Comment

from my reading a M5X mounts up to a getrag 240, as well as the E36 zf 5 speed. Wouldn't this mean we could use the KMiata adapter to mount up too a getrag 240 out of a 318? there really cheap (just got one for 50$ of a r3v member) and can handle over 200 hp as demonstrated by the turbo m42 guys. Would be a good option for NA K swap builds due to weight and how cheap they are.
                        91' 318is 90' 325is

Originally posted by Sonny
                        Buy the E30s, they ain't gonna last long
                        E30 can make you, E30 can break you
                        "He who controls the Nova's, controls the Boomers"

Comment

Originally posted by Motheye99 View Post
                          from my reading a M5X mounts up to a getrag 240, as well as the E36 zf 5 speed. Wouldn't this mean we could use the KMiata adapter to mount up too a getrag 240 out of a 318? there really cheap (just got one for 50$ of a r3v member) and can handle over 200 hp as demonstrated by the turbo m42 guys. Would be a good option for NA K swap builds due to weight and how cheap they are.
                          If the Getrag 240 uses the same bellhousing pattern as the E36/E46 and also has the same input shaft dimensions as the Getrag 260, then yes, that will definitely work. Definitely a nice affordable option for an N/A setup for sure.
                          David Calzada
                          KMiata Inc.
                          KMiata.com

Comment

If the Getrag 240 is the one from the E30 (I can never keep all these numbers straight) the angle of the dangle is different: meaning the E30 mounts the engine at a different lean angle than the E36 Getrag and ZF. I believe that means the shifter would be mis-aligned.

Then again I could be completely wrong/confused by all the wildfire smoke I've been inhaling for the last week or so!

Comment

Honda K24 swap interest?

Originally posted by Jaker View Post
                              If the Getrag 240 is the one from the E30 (I can never keep all these numbers straight) the angle of the dangle is different: meaning the E30 mounts the engine at a different lean angle than the E36 Getrag and ZF. I believe that means the shifter would be mis-aligned.

Then again I could be completely wrong/confused by all the wildfire smoke I've been inhaling for the last week or so!

Inhaling wrong kind of smoke. It might be organic but it’s not good for thinking

All the Dohc petrol engines and transmissions share tilt angel from m42/44 to m50/s54

Honestly with the honda motor a 6 speed would be much more ideal.
                              OBD1 M54/M52TU swap as a M50b25

Z4 non powered steering rack fits e30

Euro e46 2005/6 320d 6mt gearbox into E30 with M20 hardy and beck 1985 327s engine

Comment

Honda K24 swap interest?

Originally posted by duval7 View Post
                                Yes F20c's cost more but it depends on how much the tranny adapter is going to cost. Plus the F20 is good to go out of the box while K20/24 need parts and tuning. Another plus for the F20 is you get the Honda tranny which is miles ahead of the ZF or 260. I am holding out on kit pricing to see which route to go.

Oem f20c works fantastic. Cost of engine isn’t bad when you consider zero fuckery needs to be done to make power; just install and fire it up.

K20/24 works great if you have the pockets to screw with adding power and tuning and or boost; the main proponents of k motors are those who want to piecemeal budgets and bric a brack items from junk.

F20c works if you have a budget and game plan and lack of desire to spend a couple thousand bucks on intake/exhaust/bell housing adapter and custom flywheel for k swapping. The premium price of the f20/22 is not that premium anymore once considering all the little nickel and dime aftermarket crap needed to put the sideways k into the proper rwd e30

Anything Honda in a Bmw will however cost s52/54 swap money though.
                                OBD1 M54/M52TU swap as a M50b25

Z4 non powered steering rack fits e30

Euro e46 2005/6 320d 6mt gearbox into E30 with M20 hardy and beck 1985 327s engine

Comment

Working...
                                X