X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by D3’min View Post
    Just throwing out an idea kswap with AWD using Honda CR-V parts

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    If you wanted to hack a AWD drive into a E30 just use a X drive m54 out of a E46 325ix It wouldn't be nearly as much effort as a Honda.
    91' 318is 90' 325is

Originally posted by Sonny
    Buy the E30s, they ain't gonna last long
    E30 can make you, E30 can break you
    "He who controls the Nova's, controls the Boomers"

Comment

Honda K24 swap interest?

Originally posted by stonea View Post
      I would say this is extremely harsh. It handles different for sure, but as someone who bounces back and forth from is 325ix to his 325i they are both extremely fun and enjoyable to drive.

Both are fun but awd handles like shit compared to rwd.
      Gods chariot is RWD; the e30m was not made awd for a reason

Might as well remove clutch lsd and add viscous instead.... wait that’s what the awd 325xi has a lame Vlsd in the back.

Rwd > everything. Bmw and the gods of DTM agree
      OBD1 M54/M52TU swap as a M50b25

Z4 non powered steering rack fits e30

Euro e46 2005/6 320d 6mt gearbox into E30 with M20 hardy and beck 1985 327s engine

Comment

I'll just have to respectfully disagree. My sisters 1995 Camry handles like shit, the 325ix? No, it handles perfectly fine. But this isn't about FWD, AWD, and RWD. Its about putting a K24 in an E30
        My Garage
        2001 Z3 2.5i Steel Gray/Black (Lexi)
        1988 325ix Diamond Schwartz/Black (Izzy)
        1989 325i Cirrus Blue/Houndstooth (Stitch)
        Feedback

Instagram: Stone.Hopkins

Comment

Originally posted by stonea View Post
          I'll just have to respectfully disagree. My sisters 1995 Camry handles like shit, the 325ix? No, it handles perfectly fine. But this isn't about FWD, AWD, and RWD. Its about putting a K24 in an E30

K24 sideways with a transaxle + transfer case in the nose of a e30?

What a miserable and horrid idea

Euro e46 2005/6 320d 6mt gearbox into E30 with M20 hardy and beck 1985 327s engine

Comment

Originally posted by Wanganstyle View Post
            K24 sideways with a transaxle + transfer case in the nose of a e30?

What a miserable and horrid idea
            Sounds like a old Audi, but without 5 cylinder coolness
            91' 318is 90' 325is

Originally posted by Sonny
            Buy the E30s, they ain't gonna last long
            E30 can make you, E30 can break you
            "He who controls the Nova's, controls the Boomers"

Comment

Honda K24 swap interest?

Originally posted by Motheye99 View Post
              Sounds like a old Audi, but without 5 cylinder coolness

A diagram of drivetrain inefficiency and understeer.

I owned an evo; it was the worst handling car for uphill left hairpins. Just understeers

Add up the weight of 2!!!! Front Diffs, a stupid looking transfer case that has questionable reliability and a transaxle + engine sideways in the front and you have created.......understeer.

Gods chariot shall not understeer.

K24crv setup sideways has all of the understeer, none of the 4g63 turbo and no factory lsd option. Two open Diffs attached to each other is not very heterosexual

Even more understeer

Comment

Bumping this thread, Anybody heard any news? I'm itching to ditch the eta motor in my 325e. Lusting me some Honda power!

@KMiata

JP
                Last edited by wholepailofwater; 05-05-2019, 01:15 PM. Reason: added some stuff
                1984 533i
                1984 733i
                1985 325e
                1998 M3
                1998 318ti
                2008 335i

Comment

Garagistic has a kit in the works. I was not given a time frame but they said soon.
                  How to remove, install or convert to pop out windows
                  http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=297611

Could be better, could be worse.

Comment

Looking forward to a swap kit!

I am really hoping that a swap kit comes out soon. I know if I really wanted to I might be able to fab up the engine mounts and just use the existing KMiata adapter plate. Was hoping it had come out sooner, just finished up an m52 swap in my eta after blowing my 2.7.... will soon be in the market for another e30 to accept a K24. Anyone know if the garagistic kit is projected to have an oil pan/intake/header solution available?
                    M52B28 swapped 1985 325e "Truck"
                    2016 Promaster City

Comment

Sure, quick update for you guys.

We've been working on some new parts that will be really beneficial to any RWD K swap, including the E30. We're also moving into a much larger space this month which will allow us to finish up the E30 parts alongside our other projects.

So things are progressing, although a little slower than we'd like them to be. Once the move is complete and a couple new parts are on the market, the rest of the swap is going to come together very quickly and we'll have lots of pictures for you all.

Thanks for your continued interest and patience!
                      David Calzada
                      KMiata Inc.
                      KMiata.com

Comment

Originally posted by KMiata View Post
                        Sure, quick update for you guys.

We've been working on some new parts that will be really beneficial to any RWD K swap, including the E30. We're also moving into a much larger space this month which will allow us to finish up the E30 parts alongside our other projects.

So things are progressing, although a little slower than we'd like them to be. Once the move is complete and a couple new parts are on the market, the rest of the swap is going to come together very quickly and we'll have lots of pictures for you all.

Thanks for your continued interest and patience!

Thank you Dave. HURRY UP!!!!
                        Originally posted by Good & Tight
                        It takes real man to mount a big woman, all you haters are just scared boys.

Comment

Originally posted by E327IUTE View Post
                          I am really hoping that a swap kit comes out soon. I know if I really wanted to I might be able to fab up the engine mounts and just use the existing KMiata adapter plate. Was hoping it had come out sooner, just finished up an m52 swap in my eta after blowing my 2.7.... will soon be in the market for another e30 to accept a K24. Anyone know if the garagistic kit is projected to have an oil pan/intake/header solution available?
                          Garagistic kit will include adapter for transmission, engine arms, and oil pan. I asked specifically about all three. I don't know about the rest. And they said affordable compared to other options available else ware.
                          How to remove, install or convert to pop out windows
                          http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=297611

Could be better, could be worse.

Comment

I'm new to e30s but own an e46 m3 and 2002. I think I just bought just in time for a k swap. lol. Can't wait to see how the finish product looks

Comment

Originally posted by rzerob View Post
                              Garagistic kit will include adapter for transmission, engine arms, and oil pan. I asked specifically about all three. I don't know about the rest. And they said affordable compared to other options available else ware.
                              Affordable because it probably won't fit
                              Byron
                              Leichtbau

Comment

Originally posted by E30SPDFRK View Post
                                Affordable because it probably won't fit

:rofl: :rofl:
                                Lorin

Originally posted by slammin.e28
                                The M30 is God's engine.

Comment

Working...